Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2016, 04:24 AM
Twitter: @Vrabel56

Default Update- Brandon Mebane's daughter has died

I did a title search and nothing came up, surprisingly.

I'm very excited about having a true NT in Mebane, but I was a bit nervous due to his age. I've been looking forward to seeing some game snaps.

So far in the first game I saw the following. A VERY basic breakdown.

Snap 1: Run. Pushes the center straight back but the RB takes it outside on a pitch.

Snap 2: Pass. Pushes the center back into the pocket but overall not much pressure. It's better than being stonewalled though!

Snap 3: Run. Pushes the center back a half step and never loses ground. It's a run up the middle and it allows the LB to make the tackle for a short gain.

Snap 4: Run. The run was opposite of his side. He hit the offensive linemen but didn't push him back. The offensive lineman was walling him off more than trying to push him back.

Snap 5: Statue of liberty run. Mebane engaged the center from an initial double team. Mebane read the play well and began to break to the side the ball was being ran to. He gave up ground while moving laterally.

Only 5 snaps so it's hard to gauge a player well. I am looking forward to seeing him play more. So far I am okay with what I saw.

Last edited by perryao; 01-09-2019 at 01:38 PM..
Old 08-14-2016, 09:42 AM
Hall of Famer

Been a while since I have seen a Chargers NT just run through the pocket with the C stuck in his grill. Nice to see that potential again.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:15 AM
Hall of Famer

On the broadcast they said Jamal Williams is on the coaching staff. That could help things.

I like what Mebane brings. But I do think we're gonna have to find a younger guy at the nose in the future.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:20 AM
The Mad Bomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
I did a title search and nothing came up, surprisingly.

I'm very excited about having a true NT in Mebane, but I was a bit nervous due to his age. I've been looking forward to seeing some game snaps.

So far in the first game I saw the following. A VERY basic breakdown.

Snap 1: Run. Pushes the center straight back but the RB takes it outside on a pitch.

Snap 2: Pass. Pushes the center back into the pocket but overall not much pressure. It's better than being stonewalled though!

Snap 3: Run. Pushes the center back a half step and never loses ground. It's a run up the middle and it allows the LB to make the tackle for a short gain.

Snap 4: Run. The run was opposite of his side. He hit the offensive linemen but didn't push him back. The offensive lineman was walling him off more than trying to push him back.

Snap 5: Statue of liberty run. Mebane engaged the center from an initial double team. Mebane read the play well and began to break to the side the ball was being ran to. He gave up ground while moving laterally.

Only 5 snaps so it's hard to gauge a player well. I am looking forward to seeing him play more. So far I am okay with what I saw.
Mebane and the MG touchdown was the highlight for me...Finally a true nose tackle!!
Old 08-14-2016, 11:33 AM
Go Chargers!

From what I've read/heard to this point - seems like a very solid and welcome addition.

I wish him well

Go Chargers!
Old 08-16-2016, 01:38 PM
Rookie

Did not get to see the game myself. For the very first preseason action though it sounds like so far so good. Have to see how he progresses.
Old 08-16-2016, 02:26 PM
Hall of Famer

I know Mebane played few downs but for a defense unit, to allow 288 yards on the ground is not the best way to begin.
Was Mebane there when D. Murray scored on a long run?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Maniaque 5
Old 08-16-2016, 02:59 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniaque 5 View Post
I know Mebane played few downs but for a defense unit, to allow 288 yards on the ground is not the best way to begin.
No, but he was in on a 12 yarder I think

Old 08-16-2016, 06:23 PM
Twitter: @Vrabel56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniaque 5 View Post
Only two starters were on for the Murray TD. Philon and Emmanuel.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:29 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
Only two starters were on for the Murray TD. Philon and Emmanuel.
And neither one of these guys should be starters.