Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2018, 11:20 PM
Rookie

Winners
Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA

Weigh-in: 6057 / 259 / 34" arms
Some believed Davenport's listed size at 6-foot-7 and 255 pounds was slightly exaggerated. Turns out, it wasn't stretched that much. Combine his nearly 6-6 frame with long, 34-inch arms and you have one enormous defensive end.
Perspective: Vikings defensive end Danielle Hunter measured in at 6051 and 251 pounds with 34 1/2-inch arms at the 2015 combine.

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, OLB, Oklahoma

Weigh-in: 6013 / 243 / 34 1/2" arms
For an "undersized" outside rusher, Okoronkwo measuring in at over 6-1 and north of 240 pounds is important. For many teams, those are the thresholds for edge-rushers. Beyond that, Okoronkwo's 34 1/2-inch arms are tentacle-like. Relatively speaking, the Oklahoma star is still on the smaller side of the outside pass-rusher spectrum, but his length can be likened to other, much bigger NFL pass-rushers.
Perspective: At last year's combine, Cardinals' first-round pick Haason Reddick measured in at 6012 and 237 pounds but only had 32 3/4-inch arms.

Uchenna Nwosu, OLB, USC

Weigh-in: 6020 / 245 / 33 1/2" arms
Nwosu is the other "smaller but productive" outside linebacker in this class with fringe first-round talent and collegiate film. For him to hit 6-2 and 245 pounds is a huge win for him. His 33 1/2-inch arms mean he has enough length to keep offensive linemen off his frame.
Perspective: Von Miller's official size at the combine was 6025 and 245 pounds with 33 1/2-inch arms.

Levi Wallace, CB, Alabama

Weigh-in: 6003 / 176 / 33 3/8" arms
Ok, so Wallace could stand to gain some weight at the next level. And he will. That won't be a problem for an NFL strength and conditioning program. But those arms will be tantalizing to many scouts, general managers, and defensive coordinators. Length at the cornerback spot is often seen as the catalyst for plays on the football. Wallace snagged three picks and knocked down 15 passes in 2017.
Perspective: Jaguars star cornerback Jalen Ramsey has 33 3/8-inch arms.

Joseph Noteboom, OT, TCU

Weigh-in: 6051 / 306 / 35 1/2" arms
In general, 34-inch arms represent the threshold for NFL offensive tackles. For Noteboom, an established pass-protector to hit 6-5 and have arms longer than 35 inches is really impressive.
Perspective: Patriots left tackle Nate Solder has 35 1/2-inch arms.

Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

Weigh-in: 6047 / 237 / 10 1/8" hands
Everyone was expecting Allen to stand out among the other quarterback prospects, and he did to a certain degree. Being nearly 6-5 and almost 240 pounds represents the "he looks like an NFL signal-caller" portion of scouting reports written about him. Hand size is a hotly debated topic during draft season, and while smaller hands don't totally disqualify a quarterback prospect from succeeding at the NFL, teams would rather have a quarterback who has large mitts for ball-security purposes.
Perspective: Carson Wentz has nearly the same size hands at 10 inches
3 Jewell ILB
4 Jones/Okorafor OT
5 Armani Watts S
6 BPA
7 BPA

QB next year predicting Rivers plays 2 more
Old 01-24-2018, 06:49 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21and500 View Post
Iowa WR Allen Lazard with great size at 6'4'' 227lbs
we dont be drafting WR that high if at all but jeez, hes going to be fun to watch on sundays

Miami DE Chad Thomas with some mittens

OT Desmond Harrison with good height, big hands, a little under-weight but good movement skills. character red flags have him projected to 6/7th round
Lazard is from IOWA STATE.... Iowa are the Hawkeyes..... Iowa State are the Cyclones..... Just want to make sure we get that part right! Big IOSU fan as well as a Chargers fan, and we have enough Iowa vs Iowa State screw ups on ESPN.....

Lazard comes from a family of college athletes, he will be successful at the next level, maybe not a all pro, but successful. Also he will not be a trouble maker.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:29 AM
Mo’ Hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLawman View Post
Lazard is from IOWA STATE.... Iowa are the Hawkeyes..... Iowa State are the Cyclones..... Just want to make sure we get that part right! Big IOSU fan as well as a Chargers fan, and we have enough Iowa vs Iowa State screw ups on ESPN.....

Lazard comes from a family of college athletes, he will be successful at the next level, maybe not a all pro, but successful. Also he will not be a trouble maker.
Cannot be overstated IMHO.
4. Brian Peavy, CB
5. Hunter Renfrow, WR
6. Braden Mann, P
7. Kyle Shurmur, QB

Cut: WR Benjamin
FA: LB Barr, K Gostkowski/Gould, S Amos

Old 01-24-2018, 01:21 PM
Blame Butts for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLawman View Post

haha i stand corrected.
drives my buddy nuts when i call his Sooners the Oklahoma State Sooners haha
ill let him know you said hi, he was crushed by that game this year

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ASAP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:25 PM
Blame Butts for me

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/fo...bowl-weigh-in/

baker mayfield officially 6 foot 3/8 inches haha
shrimpy
dont forget that half inch (or almost half inch)
9.5 inch hands is a relief though.

why do i get the feeling we're picking him at 17???

ASAP
Old 01-24-2018, 03:12 PM
Mo’ Hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21and500 View Post
https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/fo...bowl-weigh-in/

baker mayfield officially 6 foot 3/8 inches haha
shrimpy
dont forget that half inch (or almost half inch)
9.5 inch hands is a relief though.

why do i get the feeling we're picking him at 17???
My worry is that the Broncos are going to take him.
4. Brian Peavy, CB
5. Hunter Renfrow, WR
6. Braden Mann, P
7. Kyle Shurmur, QB

Cut: WR Benjamin
FA: LB Barr, K Gostkowski/Gould, S Amos

Old 01-24-2018, 04:43 PM
Blame Butts for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AMazing I View Post
My worry is that the Broncos are going to take him.
same here.
i wouldnt be surprised if they double dipped in FA and 1st round
im really not a believer in Allen so i hope they take him.
Baker looks to be a gamer
hes not very bright, but smart enough to listen to a professional PR guy
and just concentrate on playing football
im not worried about his on-field production, he can run a westcoast offense.

ASAP
Old 01-24-2018, 04:46 PM
Blame Butts for me

http://draftscout.tsxfiles.com/2018/...-hot-and-cold/

Will Hernandez looking good.

ASAP
Old 01-24-2018, 04:53 PM
Blame Butts for me

http://draftscout.tsxfiles.com/2018/...ds-his-ground/

OT Cappa holding his own

ASAP
Old 01-24-2018, 05:07 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Bolt View Post
Is it just me, or did the Giants get hosed as far as QBs go? Falk, Allen, and Mayfield(thanks to Horseface's request) are all getting coached by the Donks. I'm not real familiar with the second tier QBs, but I'm not too impressed by the names on the other side. Lot of good players at the other positions(TE for example) on the Donks side too...how do they determine the rosters, anyway?
Well...I feel pretty stupid. Could have sworn that the Giants were coaching this year...thought I heard that somewhere...
But still, anybody else peeved that Elways Donks seemed to get the lion share of the QB talent to evaluate? Of course, I guess the Texans probably don't mind...