Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2018, 02:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Default 2018 CMB GMD Post Draft Thread

Proudly post your mocks, with analysis.
What was your thinking ?
Who were your late round targets ?

Everyone from fellow GMs, to non participants,
go ahead and provide commentary and criticism.

This where we all become
exponential smarter
about the NFL
and this year's Draft.

This is the best part of all.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:16 PM
Power of 51

FIRST MOCK IN IS A ROTTEN EGG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first first first.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-31-2018, 03:20 PM
Veteran

Default #Chargers 2018 mock

Hi CMB board,

I would like to use this thread to say I am very gratfull for opportunity to manage Chargers organisation into 2018 draft process.

During the draft I have noticed that there are so many committed fans to Chargers organisation who would do everything necessary for our Bolts to succeed.
I had a feeling that whole board would like to help me to free some salary and gain extra picks therefore I had some handicap as a rookie in such fantasy game.

Thank to you all.

Special thanks and appreciation to Woody for his commitment to this project, really can't find proper words to describe your effort.

Lets sum up Chargers moves.

Pre draft:
  • Did not match Panthers 2nd round Tender for T Will (pick 55)
  • Trade Jason Verrett and rd4 #119 pick for Rd 3 88th and Rd 6 197 Panthers
  • The Cowboys send RB Alfred Morris who just recently signed a cap friendly 2 year, $4mm extension to the Chargers in exchange for cap casualty and cut candidate DT Corey Liuget
  • Released Brandon Mebane
  • Signed Ndamukong Suh to 2 years 29 000 000 fully guaranteed / 16 500 000 in year one

Chargers has been left with approx 4 000 000 salary entering draft

2018 draft picks:
Rd 1 17
Rd 2 48 55
Rd 3 84 88
Rd 4 none
Rd 5 155
Rd 6 191 197
Rd 7 251

Picks:

17. CHARGERS EuroBolt. Taven Bryan DT Florida

I know that not everyone like this pick that's why I write few more words and I count on some constructive criticism here.

All the prospects that Chargers had on their big board have been drafted before 17th pick.
Unfortunately it was impossible to draft back.
Of course we could go with Offensive Lineman however TT decided to pick Tavon the best defensive lineman left in the draft - yes we have drafted for need.
  • Strength
  • Athleticism
  • Powerful tackler and is very refined in that department.
  • In run defense, Bryan has been noted to tie up blockers commonly which of course will allow LB to roam free and create havoc.

His father has an Army background so I believe there is no character concerns what more Tavon is a guy who would fill Chargers draft profile in this matter.

48. CHARGERS EuroBolt. Malik Jefferson LB Texas

Draft for need - the best LB left, addressed the biggest need in draft - run def.

55. CHARGERS EuroBolt. Mike Hughes CB/FS/KR University of central Florida

Truly believed the best player left in the draft, could play CB/S after trading JV that was also a need.

84. CHARGERS EuroBolt. Jamarco Jones OT the Ohio state university

Still do not understand how he fall to Chargers - fill great need at OT

148. CHARGERS Eurobolt. Rashaan Gaulden DB Tennessee

Another player that fall to us might be our starting corner in 2018.

191. CHARGERS EuroBolt. Andrew Brown DT Virginia

First choice was Ito Smith here however he has been drafted a pick earlier.

Trades during the draft:
  • rd3 88 to gain Saints 2nd 2019 round and Ted Ginn JR

For the record with 88 pick I have been considering:

Kerryon Johnson RB Auburn.
Quin Blanding S Virginia.
Deandrin Senat DL South Florida.

Saints rd 2 2019 become more appealing.
  • Rd 5 155 and Rd 6 197 to trade up 7 spots Rd 5 148 from Steelers
  • trade Barksdale for 2019 7th round with Cowboys

The only one UDFA I would love to invite for camp is:

Mark Walton, RB The U

Would love to get honest comments on Chargers draft process as well as some help with UDFA you guys would like to invite for camp.

Thank you one more time for letting me play with Chargers.

P.s. My second team Eagles - they have just won SB so who cares
Old 03-31-2018, 03:25 PM
Hall of Famer

Freak traded his entire draft to move up to 'First' overall.
His Selection:
Paper Brown - Place Kicker, Baghead State University

Old 03-31-2018, 04:11 PM
Hall of Famer

Euro,

Awesome draft. I'm one the few on this board that have expressed Taven Bryan as a coveted pick for the Chargers in real time. I think he can develop to be a great defensive tackle and turn our front four into one of the leagues best. His explosion off the ball and overall athleticism along with his hustle on every play will be contagious to the front seven.

Adding Suh is a plus. A tad younger than Mebane but still has tread as far as playing goes. He could mentor Bryan the first couple years and yes still play with power in the middle of the defense.

Filling needs at tackle and linebacker with solid talent makes your draft an A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroBolt View Post
Hi CMB board,

I would like to use this thread to say I am very gratfull for opportunity to manage Chargers organisation into 2018 draft process.

During the draft I have noticed that there are so many committed fans to Chargers organisation who would do everything necessary for our Bolts to succeed.
I had a feeling that whole board would like to help me to free some salary and gain extra picks therefore I had some handicap as a rookie in such fantasy game.

Thank to you all.

Special thanks and appreciation to Woody for his commitment to this project, really can't find proper words to describe your effort.

Lets sum up Chargers moves.

Pre draft:
  • Did not match Panthers 2nd round Tender for T Will (pick 55)
  • Trade Jason Verrett and rd4 #119 pick for Rd 3 88th and Rd 6 197 Panthers
  • The Cowboys send RB Alfred Morris who just recently signed a cap friendly 2 year, $4mm extension to the Chargers in exchange for cap casualty and cut candidate DT Corey Liuget
  • Released Brandon Mebane
  • Signed Ndamukong Suh to 2 years 29 000 000 fully guaranteed / 16 500 000 in year one

Chargers has been left with approx 4 000 000 salary entering draft

2018 draft picks:
Rd 1 17
Rd 2 48 55
Rd 3 84 88
Rd 4 none
Rd 5 155
Rd 6 191 197
Rd 7 251

Picks:

17. CHARGERS EuroBolt. Taven Bryan DT Florida

I know that not everyone like this pick that's why I write few more words and I count on some constructive criticism here.

All the prospects that Chargers had on their big board have been drafted before 17th pick.
Unfortunately it was impossible to draft back.
Of course we could go with Offensive Lineman however TT decided to pick Tavon the best defensive lineman left in the draft - yes we have drafted for need.
  • Strength
  • Athleticism
  • Powerful tackler and is very refined in that department.
  • In run defense, Bryan has been noted to tie up blockers commonly which of course will allow LB to roam free and create havoc.

His father has an Army background so I believe there is no character concerns what more Tavon is a guy who would fill Chargers draft profile in this matter.

48. CHARGERS EuroBolt. Malik Jefferson LB Texas

Draft for need - the best LB left, addressed the biggest need in draft - run def.

55. CHARGERS EuroBolt. Mike Hughes CB/FS/KR University of central Florida

Truly believed the best player left in the draft, could play CB/S after trading JV that was also a need.

84. CHARGERS EuroBolt. Jamarco Jones OT the Ohio state university

Still do not understand how he fall to Chargers - fill great need at OT

148. CHARGERS Eurobolt. Rashaan Gaulden DB Tennessee

Another player that fall to us might be our starting corner in 2018.

191. CHARGERS EuroBolt. Andrew Brown DT Virginia

First choice was Ito Smith here however he has been drafted a pick earlier.

Trades during the draft:
  • rd3 88 to gain Saints 2nd 2019 round and Ted Ginn JR

For the record with 88 pick I have been considering:

Kerryon Johnson RB Auburn.
Quin Blanding S Virginia.
Deandrin Senat DL South Florida.

Saints rd 2 2019 become more appealing.
  • Rd 5 155 and Rd 6 197 to trade up 7 spots Rd 5 148 from Steelers
  • trade Barksdale for 2019 7th round with Cowboys

The only one UDFA I would love to invite for camp is:

Mark Walton, RB The U

Would love to get honest comments on Chargers draft process as well as some help with UDFA you guys would like to invite for camp.

Thank you one more time for letting me play with Chargers.

P.s. My second team Eagles - they have just won SB so who cares

Last edited by ltinabottle; 03-31-2018 at 04:20 PM..
Old 03-31-2018, 04:28 PM
Hall of Famer

Dolphins
1.J.Rosen-QB, UCLA (IMO, Top 10 Prospect, Dolphins get a legit Franchise QB)
2.J.Reid-S, Stanford (Better than his pro-bowl brother, PON)
3.H.Hurst-TE, South Carolina (
Sure-handed with the versatility to line up all over, PON)
3.B.Smith-OG, Auburn (#4 guard prospect, possibly can play RT too.)
4.D.Pettis-WR/PR, Washington (
Can uncover on all three levels, dynamic PR)
4.J.Noteboom-OT, TCU (Left tackle traits, will be given chance to start at RT)
6. Target: B.Nichols-DT, Delaware (Depth for Interior D-Line)
7. Target: A.Chachere-CB, San Jose St. (Can never have too many fast CBs)
7. Target: C.Edmonds-RB, Fordham (Addition to RB depth chart)

49ers
1.M.Fitzpatrick-DB, Alabama (Elite Talent)
2.C.Kirk-WR, Texas A&M (Talented target for Jimmy G, and PR/KR)
3.R.Freeman-RB, Oregon (Good vision, great agility, powerful, great stiff arm)
3.B.O'Neill-OT, Pittsburgh (Terrific athlete and good pass blocker)
5.G.Igwebuike-S, Northwestern (Great tackler, fast, immediate impact on special team)
5.J.Franklin Myer-DE, Stephen F. Austin (Good combination of power & speed)
5.Z.Franklin-LB, Syracuse (3 time team Captain, motivated after combine snub)
6.L.Jacobs-LB, Wisconsin (Great athlete, can run, cover & tackle)
7. Target: K.Cunningham-OL, Cinncinnati (TE switched to OT, 24 straight starts LT)
7. Target:
C.Ward-CB, Middle Tennessee St. (Can never have too many fast CBs)

Last edited by crittydog; 03-31-2018 at 08:57 PM..
Old 03-31-2018, 05:57 PM
Blame Butts for me

Man I can’t wait until I dig my teeth into this thread
Unfortunately it’ll have to wait until Monday morning
It was a pleasure and honor to draft with y’all
Enjoy the rest of yer weekend peeps
Standing ovation to Woodeye for the tireless work as always

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ASAP
Old 03-31-2018, 10:18 PM
& ramblin' man

Bears

008) CB Denzel Ward * guys that give me pause post selection are Minkah, Maurice Hurst, Josh Jackson and Courtland…. read after the fact that they might be moving on from Kevin White, and didn’t real eyes that Minkah considers himself best in the slot, as thought he was more of a combo DB, and…. Hurst and Sutton, not sure just how good the either and/or of ‘em migh be ??

039) SS Ronnie Harrison * not a fan of this guy for the Chargers, and don’t think he’s gonna bust, and seems like a Bear, and over Malik Jefferson, Mark Hughes, Gallup and James Washington

105) DE Da’Shawn Hand * seems he fits in Chicago and is rumored to be going top 50…. was lookin’ Braden Smith, Nnadi, Orlando, Jamarco and Dorance Armstrong

115) OLB/DE Dorance Armstrong * this guy killed it standing up outside a year earlier and think he’s gonna be a steady pro that gets his job done setting the edge and rushing the passer…. wouldn’t mind him as a Charger…. Deon Cain and Brandon Parker were also coveted here

145) WR Auden Tate * too many good big receivers not to dip into the pool here…. like the designation as RZT

181) WR Simmie Cobbs * reminds me of a Pittsburgh Steeler wideout or a rough and tumble Chiefs receiver…. ‘nother guy that suspectin’ he gets his job done

224) OLB Marquis Haynes * this guy could make hay off the corner, and think he’s a good fit in Chi town…. other peoples on board included DE Jerry Tillery, OG Tyrone Crowder and OT Toby Weathersby

Old 03-31-2018, 10:32 PM
& ramblin' man

Skins

013) QB Josh Allen * as mentioned this pick was strictly business, as thinking that signing Alex Smith was a bit of a snore entertainment wise, and that the buzz of bringing in the strong armed Allen might stir the pot a little bit and make Smith @QB a little more bearable for the rank ‘n file in DC…. that said, and in real life woulda prolly got ‘em a QB for their defense, and as am not so much a Tremaine or Roquan guy, and would lean toward the either of Rashaan or LVE, neither of which am I keen on for the Chargers btw…. the other guy on my board was DaRon…. (boring)

044) CB Isaiah Oliver * personally think I prefer Carlton Davis @CB here (for the 'Skins), albeit had read that the they were looking for a “rangy” CB, and do like Oliver some…. Nnadi, DaShawn, Obo, Arden Key, Rashaad and Dallas Goedert were all names under consideration as well here

113) DT Trenton Thompson * suspect this guy is gonna be a solid day two talent, and over a personal fave in DB Tony Brown, along w/Kyzir White and Jerome Baker

149) RB Darrell Williams * was hopin’ for Bo here, and had Andrew Brown on the board also here

188) ILB Kendall Joseph * was distracted here, as think Joseph mighta been just as good a choice for the Titans, who also need help @ILB

231) RB Kamryn Pettaway * woulda been the choice here, as recall liking him some early on in the draft process

241) NT Reginald Khalil McKenzie * or Matt Elam, as I got a chuckle when I saw that Frozen had this guy on his draft board (Elam), as he is beyond boom or bust, and…. respect for the son of Reggie

Last edited by beachcomber; 03-31-2018 at 11:11 PM..
Old 03-31-2018, 10:41 PM
& ramblin' man

Titans

025) WR Courtland Sutton * as mentioned, not sure just how good this guy might be…. if I’m the 49ers and this guy turns out to be Jerry Rice good, am gonna feel pretty darn foolish for passing on him @ten…. other choice was Isaiah Wynn, who btw still love for the Chargers

057) TE Mike Gesicki * was hoping for OT Tyrell Crosby, albeit am not passing on this guy, who is a mixed bag when looking @his tape, albeit again just can’t get over his measurables/background when considering him, and would love him as a Charger

089) DT Derrick Nnadi * went off my board for a straight bulldozer…. others on board included Tegray, Hercules, Anthony Miller, Lowell Lotulelei, Lorenzo Carter, Dorance Armstrong and Armani Watts

125) LB Tegray Scales * they need an ILB, and like this guy more than most any other @LB…. Deontay Burnett and Dante Pettis other names I had penciled in here

162) FS Armani Watts * day two talent that would be an absolute steal here

199) DT Lowell Lotulelei * suspect that despite the bad press that this guy turns out to be Brandon Mebane good and a day two value, albeit the guy I considered pretty much the whole way thru the draft that I woulda taken day two no problem, was Hercules Mata’afa, albeit again mostly wanted to see how far he would fall…. blessing if he lands w/the Chargers @OLB/DE (LEO)

UDFA) NT Olive Sagapolu * like this guy as an UDFA if it plays out this/that way