Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-27-2018, 08:08 AM
eaterfan eaterfan is offline
All-Pro
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Irvine
Posts: 674
Default

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ounds-2-and-3/

Hopefully this day two mock holds up. Jefferson and Landry are gone, but the Chargers have their choice of:

Phillips
Hurst
Nwosu

It's why I wouldn't trade up. There are about 5-6 guys out there who people on this board think are the best. I'd imagine at least one falls to us in the second, maybe 2 or 3. One may even fall to us in the third or we can trade up to the late second to grab the player there.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-27-2018, 08:18 AM
gf1422's Avatar
gf1422 gf1422 is offline
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Boise
Posts: 626
Default

My cluster for the #2 selection and some notes:

DT Harrison Phillips - had 42 reps at bench, 1 more than Vita Vea!! He is a top motor, go like Joey Bosa player that would be a great fit for our DL!!

OT Martinas Rankin - Has solid attributes in all parts of the nuances of OT play while not being elite in any of them. He went JC route to develop and then played for great run offense at Miss State. He has even spent practice time at Center so has solid flexibility of skills and would be a sound OT player that simply needs some fine tuning and experience. That is why he gets no press as he is also a great fit for team chemistry. His on field is nasty while a great guy and hard worker off the field.

LB Lorenzo Carter - great LB who is bigger and faster than Harold Landry!! He blocked a FG attempt in 2OT to allow Georgia to advance to the National Championship Game against Alabama this past January. He was right hand man to Roquan Smith!! He plays cello and loves the Rugrats cartoons off the field but is nasty competitor and good tackler that can flatten people on the field!! Sets an edge as well!


These are my top 3 guys for the #2 selection without moving up or down from #16 where we are at!!

I think DT will be a must by Round 3 because phillips is most likely to be gone by our pick, so I will focus on that position of need next round. I love Ito Smith as our poor man's (poor draft capital that is) Rashad Penny in the 5th or 6th round with our QB2 selection for 4th Round.

So here is my post #1 rd target list:

#2 - cluster of DT H. Phillips, LB Lorenzo Carter, OT M. Rankin
#3 - whatever position we do not get in Rd #2 cluster (coming up!)
#4 - Mike White QB or Luke Falk QB for our Traditional Passer development
#5 - whatever position of OT/DT/LB/QB we have not yet drafted
#6 - Ito Smith or other RB2
#7 - final round of TE or best player still desired by team before locking up lots of UDFAs!!

Last edited by gf1422; 04-27-2018 at 08:22 AM.. Reason: misspelling
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-27-2018, 08:27 AM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose
Posts: 26,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1422 View Post
My cluster for the #2 selection and some notes:

DT Harrison Phillips - had 42 reps at bench, 1 more than Vita Vea!! He is a top motor, go like Joey Bosa player that would be a great fit for our DL!!

OT Martinas Rankin - Has solid attributes in all parts of the nuances of OT play while not being elite in any of them. He went JC route to develop and then played for great run offense at Miss State. He has even spent practice time at Center so has solid flexibility of skills and would be a sound OT player that simply needs some fine tuning and experience. That is why he gets no press as he is also a great fit for team chemistry. His on field is nasty while a great guy and hard worker off the field.

LB Lorenzo Carter - great LB who is bigger and faster than Harold Landry!! He blocked a FG attempt in 2OT to allow Georgia to advance to the National Championship Game against Alabama this past January. He was right hand man to Roquan Smith!! He plays cello and loves the Rugrats cartoons off the field but is nasty competitor and good tackler that can flatten people on the field!! Sets an edge as well!


These are my top 3 guys for the #2 selection without moving up or down from #16 where we are at!!

I think DT will be a must by Round 3 because phillips is most likely to be gone by our pick, so I will focus on that position of need next round. I love Ito Smith as our poor man's (poor draft capital that is) Rashad Penny in the 5th or 6th round with our QB2 selection for 4th Round.

So here is my post #1 rd target list:

#2 - cluster of DT H. Phillips, LB Lorenzo Carter, OT M. Rankin
#3 - whatever position we do not get in Rd #2 cluster (coming up!)
#4 - Mike White QB or Luke Falk QB for our Traditional Passer development
#5 - whatever position of OT/DT/LB/QB we have not yet drafted
#6 - Ito Smith or other RB2
#7 - final round of TE or best player still desired by team before locking up lots of UDFAs!!
Lo Carter IS a Cello.
We need a Bass Fiddle.
Or a Viola.
Or a Stradivarius.
Or a Guarnerius.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-27-2018, 08:35 AM
Dha Dha is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,309
Default

round 2: Harrison Phillips, Sam Hubbard (DE/OLB)

Mo Hurst will fall to late round 2 or into round 3
__________________
Post draft:
Clearly this is a Bradley's ran draft. No more slow unathletic safeties or undersized LBs. Say bye bye to Addae and Jatavis soon or after this season.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-27-2018, 08:38 AM
DieHardCharge's Avatar
DieHardCharge DieHardCharge is offline
Heartbroken Fan Each Week
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bolt City
Posts: 3,470
Default

I can go with either Hurst or Malik Jefferson
__________________
Founder and President of #BBB - Bring Back Badgley


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-27-2018, 08:45 AM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose
Posts: 26,914
Default

There will be exceptional mid round value at OL and LB...need to hear from the trenchers.

Go DL round 2 and wait on these other PONs IMHO.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-27-2018, 08:49 AM
frozendisc's Avatar
frozendisc frozendisc is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cotes-des-neiges, Montreal
Posts: 16,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
There will be exceptional mid round value at OL and LB...need to hear from the trenchers.

Go DL round 2 and wait on these other PONs IMHO.
It will be interesting to see who BPA is....
__________________
1909...the year excellence started.


__________________
GO BOLTS !
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-27-2018, 09:09 AM
21and500's Avatar
21and500 21and500 is offline
Blame Butts for me
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: san diego
Posts: 8,168
Default

Enough talent is left to stay put
No trade ups
Verrett will come handy if one of our outside CBs tweeks an ankle
Landry, hurst, phillips, williams, hernandez, jefferson, guice, oliver,
Someone will be there
I predict a run on WRs for these teams with new qbs
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ASAP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-27-2018, 09:14 AM
crittydog's Avatar
crittydog crittydog is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: la mesa
Posts: 6,123
Default

I have J.Reid-S in my 2nd rd cluster, even though Chargers just draft James-S.
If Reid is BPA, he should be drafted.
Chargers are in sub packages a lot. 3rd down is the money down. Last year they were playing Addae, Boston and Phillips together and I suspect they will continue to use a 3rd safety in a coverage LB role.
Addae, Reid and James will be on the field a lot together.
Get the best 11 on the field.
__________________
2018 Draft
1. D.James-S, Florida St.

Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-27-2018, 09:24 AM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose
Posts: 26,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittydog View Post
I have J.Reid-S in my 2nd rd cluster, even though Chargers just draft James-S.
If Reid is BPA, he should be drafted.
Chargers are in sub packages a lot. 3rd down is the money down. Last year they were playing Addae, Boston and Phillips together and I suspect they will continue to use a 3rd safety in a coverage LB role.
Addae, Reid and James will be on the field a lot together.
Get the best 11 on the field.
This post reeks of "War Hammer."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:10 AM.


© 2018 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.