Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2018, 09:11 AM
Hall of Famer

If we go offense, we could use:

OT - A road grader to compete with Barks or at least for OT depth
RB - A big bruising, change of pace back, like Bo
TE - If Gates isn't back, as reported, so need a backup plan, even with addition of Green
QB - Some good value still out there with Lauletta, White and Falk, for a developmental QB to learn behind Rivers the next 1-2 years
3. Charles Omenihu, DT, Texas
4. T.J. Edwards, ILB, Wisconsin
5. JoeJuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt
6. Nic Needham, CB, UTEP
7. Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn

Last edited by topcat4477; 04-28-2018 at 09:16 AM..
Old 04-28-2018, 09:25 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc View Post
Jewell is still on the board because of his extremely poor 40 time (4.82) at the Combine and is undersized. He was mocked to go somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd round. He ran a 4.68 at his pro day, but you'd still like to see someone who weighs only 234 run faster, especially considering he will need to gain weight at the NFL level. I like Genard Avery later in the draft

I'd be bold if I was the Bolts and go DT back-to-back. Hurst? Settle?
That 4.68 s - 40 time was by his coach's measurement. Scouts took their separate measurements.

Remember when Craig Mager ran a 4.28 s - 40?
Old 04-28-2018, 09:29 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat4477 View Post
Okay, let's take a closer look at Mr. Hand:

Hand was considered the number one high school recruit in the country in 2014, ahead of guys like Leonard Fournette, Myles Garrett, and Deshaun Watson. The two-time first-team USA Today All-American was also a state high school wrestling champion. He played in nine games as a true freshman, making seven stops including two sacks.

Hand played in every game as a reserve in Alabama's deep defensive line rotation in their 2015 national championship season (16 stops, 6.5 for loss, three sacks), making an impact in the title game with two tackles for loss against Clemson. That depth kept him from starting again in 2016, but he was a regular contributor (21 tackles, 3.5 for loss, two sacks) using his length, strength, and athleticism to factor in plays where he didn't collect a stat.

Hand started nine of 11 games played in 2017, missing time with a minor knee injury but still recording 27 tackles, 3.5 for loss with three sacks. Hand was arrested for driving under the influence in July 2017, though he was actually found sleeping behind the wheel of the car while it was parked.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/da%27s...c-efc567176296
I would guess that the Nwosu pick eliminates Hand & Josh Sweat. Chargers have their 3rd pass rusher from outside.

I'm still hoping it's Hurst; and yet, if he's there at the Chargers pick, something is really wrong.
Old 04-28-2018, 09:31 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
If we go offense, we could use:

OT - A road grader to compete with Barks or at least for OT depth
RB - A big bruising, change of pace back, like Bo
TE - If Gates isn't back, as reported, so need a backup plan, even with addition of Green
QB - Some good value still out there with Lauletta, White and Falk, for a developmental QB to learn behind Rivers the next 1-2 years
No offense topcat, but i do not want any qb at this point, especially Lauletta. Guy can't stand in the pocket without overthrowing receivers. He needs to get out of the pocket - nice in college, but not in the pros.
Old 04-28-2018, 09:33 AM
Blame Butts for me

Havenít been reading a whole lot on these official mock day threads, but isnít it just awesome that the Raiders could have had Derwin James and Harold Landry if they just stood pat?
Or even Vita Vea and Landry.
Haha
Loving it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ASAP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-28-2018, 09:49 AM
Hall of Famer

NFL.com mock has us taking Will Richardson in 4rth.

I'm trying to think of a time when TT took a "character risk".

Philon reportedly had the worst combine interviews ever: argumentative & hostile.
Old 04-28-2018, 09:50 AM
Hall of Famer

When's this damn thing going to start?
Old 04-28-2018, 09:50 AM
RIP Stan Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderblueboy View Post
No offense topcat, but i do not want any qb at this point, especially Lauletta. Guy can't stand in the pocket without overthrowing receivers. He needs to get out of the pocket - nice in college, but not in the pros.
/agreed

QB would be a waste of a pick at this point.

Old 04-28-2018, 09:54 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderblueboy View Post
Fair enough. Maybe they could coach him up to be more disciplined. Whoever the Bolts have rated highest, I still think QB is a consideration. At this point, Smith & Jones (sounds like a generic law firm) are still question marks...
3. Charles Omenihu, DT, Texas
4. T.J. Edwards, ILB, Wisconsin
5. JoeJuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt
6. Nic Needham, CB, UTEP
7. Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn

Old 04-28-2018, 09:55 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Okay, let's take a closer look at Mr. Hand:

Hand was considered the number one high school recruit in the country in 2014, ahead of guys like Leonard Fournette, Myles Garrett, and Deshaun Watson. The two-time first-team USA Today All-American was also a state high school wrestling champion. He played in nine games as a true freshman, making seven stops including two sacks.

Hand played in every game as a reserve in Alabama's deep defensive line rotation in their 2015 national championship season (16 stops, 6.5 for loss, three sacks), making an impact in the title game with two tackles for loss against Clemson. That depth kept him from starting again in 2016, but he was a regular contributor (21 tackles, 3.5 for loss, two sacks) using his length, strength, and athleticism to factor in plays where he didn't collect a stat.

Hand started nine of 11 games played in 2017, missing time with a minor knee injury but still recording 27 tackles, 3.5 for loss with three sacks. Hand was arrested for driving under the influence in July 2017, though he was actually found sleeping behind the wheel of the car while it was parked.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/da%27s...c-efc567176296

Stop. Watch the hand. I did not reach my hand into a hat and pull out a name.

Mr. Hand fills a unique roll. We need more juice in our DL rotation.

Mr. Hand is exceptional value at 119.