Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-29-2018, 11:39 AM
sonorajim's Avatar
sonorajim sonorajim is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sonora
Posts: 30,273
Default LAC's #3 WR Duo

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gordons-absent
James Jones of NFL.com has Keenan Allen and Tyrell Williams ranked as the league's third best receiving duo. Fair enough.
It's kind of exciting though to consider what opposing Ds will face when our receiving threats also include Mike Williams, Travis Benjamin, MG III, Ekeler and others. We are a very good & deep receiving group.
I think Artavis Scott will be hard to cut and I'm pretty sure others will show up.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-29-2018, 12:10 PM
ltinabottle ltinabottle is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Murrieta
Posts: 6,397
Default

Tyrell's routes are simplistic and predictable. Can he learn other routes on the tree or add a jerk to the short crossing patterns? I mean some defenses tee'd up on him coming over the short middle of the field recalling the huge hit he took against the Jaguars last season. Defenses know this tendency Coach Whis needs to give what the defenses don't expect this season. His speed going deep bring it love how he stretches the field. If we can run consistently this season Rivers will look for him and Benjamin deep.

Scott and M Dub have a chance to get more targets with Henry out and defenses won't know what to expect. Who will rise to the top during pre-season and make plays? Hopefully Mikey can be a red zone threat and 3rd down receiver other than Allen. Stay healthy Mikey.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-29-2018, 12:24 PM
spaniard's Avatar
spaniard spaniard is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,293
Default

Hahaha

Allen with me would still be considered #3.... let's wait to see what Mike Williams' brings to the table and then we can really get this going.

1. Keenan Allen
2. Mike Williams
3. Ty William's
4. Travis Benjamin
5. Dylan Cantrell
6. Artavis Scott or Geremy Davis....

Not bad....
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-29-2018, 12:56 PM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose
Posts: 26,939
Default

I cannot wait for it all to unfold.

My deuces wild remains Justin Jackson as a receiving running back.

After eyeing him to the past two college seasons (thought he was declaring last year), the perception is of him having subtle moves, vision, and other attributes that make this dude a real sleeper.

Can he steal snaps and touches from our other weaponry ?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-29-2018, 01:26 PM
like54ninjas like54ninjas is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Great White North
Posts: 1,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
I cannot wait for it all to unfold.

My deuces wild remains Justin Jackson as a receiving running back.

After eyeing him to the past two college seasons (thought he was declaring last year), the perception is of him having subtle moves, vision, and other attributes that make this dude a real sleeper.

Can he steal snaps and touches from our other weaponry ?
He had the best run of the first day. I think he has the skill set to be very productive. He will be a standout on ST as well. I have a feeling he is going to make a big hit on a kick coverage and surprise people returning the ball during PS.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-29-2018, 01:43 PM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose
Posts: 26,939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by like54ninjas View Post
He had the best run of the first day. I think he has the skill set to be very productive. He will be a standout on ST as well. I have a feeling he is going to make a big hit on a kick coverage and surprise people returning the ball during PS.
You should adopt him.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-29-2018, 02:53 PM
topcat4477's Avatar
topcat4477 topcat4477 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central Valley, Calif.
Posts: 11,998
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
Tyrell's routes are simplistic and predictable. Can he learn other routes on the tree or add a jerk to the short crossing patterns? I mean some defenses tee'd up on him coming over the short middle of the field recalling the huge hit he took against the Jaguars last season. Defenses know this tendency Coach Whis needs to give what the defenses don't expect this season. His speed going deep bring it love how he stretches the field. If we can run consistently this season Rivers will look for him and Benjamin deep.

Scott and M Dub have a chance to get more targets with Henry out and defenses won't know what to expect. Who will rise to the top during pre-season and make plays? Hopefully Mikey can be a red zone threat and 3rd down receiver other than Allen. Stay healthy Mikey.

Can you teach twitch?
__________________
Bolt Mock 5.0:
1. Nasir Adderley, FS, Delaware
2. Yodny Cajuste, OT, West Virginia
3. Charles Omenihu, DT, Texas
4. T.J. Edwards, ILB, Wisconsin
5. JoeJuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt
6. Nic Needham, CB, UTEP
7. Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn



Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-30-2018, 04:56 AM
Chargerfreak's Avatar
Chargerfreak Chargerfreak is offline
Power of 51
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Intersection of Vodka and Tonic
Posts: 33,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gordons-absent
James Jones of NFL.com has Keenan Allen and Tyrell Williams ranked as the league's third best receiving duo. Fair enough.
It's kind of exciting though to consider what opposing Ds will face when our receiving threats also include Mike Williams, Travis Benjamin, MG III, Ekeler and others. We are a very good & deep receiving group.
I think Artavis Scott will be hard to cut and I'm pretty sure others will show up.
I.................uh......................um...... ...........I...................I need Blue Kool Aid and I cannot for the life of me find my Homer glasses...................
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-30-2018, 06:55 AM
Midtown Bolt Midtown Bolt is offline
I be humbolt
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
Tyrell's routes are simplistic and predictable. Can he learn other routes on the tree or add a jerk to the short crossing patterns? I mean some defenses tee'd up on him coming over the short middle of the field recalling the huge hit he took against the Jaguars last season. Defenses know this tendency Coach Whis needs to give what the defenses don't expect this season. His speed going deep bring it love how he stretches the field. If we can run consistently this season Rivers will look for him and Benjamin deep.

Scott and M Dub have a chance to get more targets with Henry out and defenses won't know what to expect. Who will rise to the top during pre-season and make plays? Hopefully Mikey can be a red zone threat and 3rd down receiver other than Allen. Stay healthy Mikey.
Hard to understand why you disrespect TW so much. You aren't the only one. TW has been a terrific player. Undrafted out of a small school in Oregon, he spent most of his first season the practice squad. In his first full season on the roster, he stepped in for KA on a moment's notice and became an 1,100 yard receiver with 7 TDs and a 15 ypc average. He did this without protection from another big time receiving threat to draw coverage away from him.

In 2017, he added 43 grabs for 728 yards and 4 TDs and a 17 ypc average, providing another big time receiving threat that protected KA and allowed him to have a career year. KA and TW were the 3rd best receiving duo last season.

TW has out-performed all WRs drafted in the 2nd round and lower since he came into the league. Why do you hate him?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-30-2018, 07:55 AM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose
Posts: 26,939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midtown Bolt View Post
Hard to understand why you disrespect TW so much. You aren't the only one. TW has been a terrific player. Undrafted out of a small school in Oregon, he spent most of his first season the practice squad. In his first full season on the roster, he stepped in for KA on a moment's notice and became an 1,100 yard receiver with 7 TDs and a 15 ypc average. He did this without protection from another big time receiving threat to draw coverage away from him.

In 2017, he added 43 grabs for 728 yards and 4 TDs and a 17 ypc average, providing another big time receiving threat that protected KA and allowed him to have a career year. KA and TW were the 3rd best receiving duo last season.

TW has out-performed all WRs drafted in the 2nd round and lower since he came into the league. Why do you hate him?
TWs ridiculous explosion is taken for granted around here. The issue is refinement in catching, especially catching radius. Wait until we have our full bevy of weapons. Rivers will go to TW more selectively. Look out.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:03 PM.


© 2018 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.