Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2018, 08:27 PM
Inez Sainz = Jet Bait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykr619 View Post
He aint the only one who choked, Look at the amount of penalties and the UTTER LACK of pass rush.
-

Not to mention the big plays. How many 30+ yard gains did we give up. It was like once they got past our dline there was no one there until somebody else chased down the player. I'm not understanding the scheming and haven't seen the game but listened to it on the radio. I'm afraid to watch it on replay. I might get sick.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:54 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltgang74 View Post
Or maybe juuuuust maybe we end up picking a good q.b.A modern style q.b. that can put up big points on game day ala Mahomley or Goff or...
This I disagree with, had we had Goff or Mahomes do you really think they would be as successful?

I seriously doubt without McVay or Reid they would be putting up those stats under Lynn and Whiz whatsoever.

Just like Brees didn't put up 5k per year with the Bolts but did with the Saints under Peyton (no way Brees is #1 all time in yards had Miami signed him).

We are lucky to have Rivers putting up 4k per year under Marty, Norv, McCoy and now Lynn none of which are offensive QB gurus (other than perhaps Norv but as an O.C.).
Old 11-19-2018, 11:09 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargingBolts View Post
This I disagree with, had we had Goff or Mahomes do you really think they would be as successful?

I seriously doubt without McVay or Reid they would be putting up those stats under Lynn and Whiz whatsoever.

Just like Brees didn't put up 5k per year with the Bolts but did with the Saints under Peyton (no way Brees is #1 all time in yards had Miami signed him).

We are lucky to have Rivers putting up 4k per year under Marty, Norv, McCoy and now Lynn none of which are offensive QB gurus (other than perhaps Norv but as an O.C.).
I think Lynn is a nice and motivational guy, but I don't see the killer instinct in him needed to compete with the big boys of the league. At least not yet.
At times he doesn't even show basic understanding of the big picture of the game. Lack of accountability is another big issue.

I suppose that is what you should expect when you go with a running back coach. This is our 2nd inexperienced head coach in a row after norv (the proven loser).

For the record, I want to see Lynn succeed here, but I don't have high hopes so far. I hope he starts reigning people in soon and holding them accountable. All this '' playing for each other '' jazz isn't what's gonna get it done IMO

Last edited by SD SneakKing; 11-19-2018 at 11:22 PM..
Old 11-21-2018, 01:41 PM
Hall of Famer

The iron was in his head against the Donks, and I don't mean the mineral in his blood.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:58 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD SneakKing View Post
I think Lynn is a nice and motivational guy, but I don't see the killer instinct in him needed to compete with the big boys of the league. At least not yet.
At times he doesn't even show basic understanding of the big picture of the game. Lack of accountability is another big issue.

I suppose that is what you should expect when you go with a running back coach. This is our 2nd inexperienced head coach in a row after norv (the proven loser).

For the record, I want to see Lynn succeed here, but I don't have high hopes so far. I hope he starts reigning people in soon and holding them accountable. All this '' playing for each other '' jazz isn't what's gonna get it done IMO

Lynn is marginal in the 'motivational' aspect in my view, and lacks any sense of creativity. He has zero interest in accountability, otherwise ST's coach would be long gone.

In the end, Lynn will become a decent 'game manager' as a HC, but I don't see much more than that.

* Yes, these views are from the distance of a fan.

Old 11-22-2018, 12:18 PM
Boltgang74

Agreed.Of course I really wanted Patricia for coach so.....
Old 11-23-2018, 04:13 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltgang74 View Post
Agreed.Of course I really wanted Patricia for coach so.....
Hang in there. He'll be available again soon enough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:12 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
The old Rivers came back to haunt us today
Finally saw the complete game. The old Rivers was pretty good. 400 + yards against a good Broncos D that brought a lot of pressure; consistently threading the needle on passes while getting pounded. There were a few key drops by Charger receivers.

The interceptions weren't of the "what the hell was he doing" variety. If it comes down to one decision of not taking an 8 yard sack with a weak legged punter - I'd take that performance any day.

Hope he continues playing at that high a level.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:16 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Lynn is marginal in the 'motivational' aspect in my view, and lacks any sense of creativity. He has zero interest in accountability, otherwise ST's coach would be long gone.

In the end, Lynn will become a decent 'game manager' as a HC, but I don't see much more than that.

* Yes, these views are from the distance of a fan.
I could equally say he's the greatest motivator since Knute Rockne. No point in making this comment unless you can furnish us with a specific example.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:24 AM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Hang in there. He'll be available again soon enough.
hmm.. I think at least 1 more yr if not 2.

The best Offense is a good Defense.