Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2018, 01:40 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shruggy View Post
Rivers had a bad game.

Even on a bad day, he's still a pretty good QB.

His bad day was 401 passing yards, 2 TDs, 2 INT, and 3 sacks. This is a good day for about half the starting QBs in the league.

Unfortunately, given that he's essentially a coach on the field, we lost the game in large part because of him. Von Miller must be in his head.

The coaching staff must've diagnosed something to have Barksdale start over Tevi, but in hindsight that was a bad move too.

He said he saw Von creeping on that last offensive play and chucked it into the ground. He also said he audibled into that screen.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:43 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle
I think so too...they saw film of Von Miller in full sprint chasing Mahomes all over the place. They didn't want to have fly by them like a speeding bullet. How did we neutralize the Seahawks Clark...the Titans Derrick Morgan, the Browns Myles Garrett?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
He said he saw Von creeping on that last offensive play and chucked it into the ground. He also said he audibled into that screen.
Man, that sounds like he reverted to a fight-or-flight mode and gave into reflexes. Would've been nice if he had thought that over a bit. I just listened to the post-game interview right now. You can hear it in his voice that he couldn't believe he allowed that to happen.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Man, that sounds like he reverted to a fight-or-flight mode and gave into reflexes. Would've been nice if he had thought that over a bit.

he choked.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:46 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
he choked.
He did.

He'll bounce back.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:50 PM
Rookie

I'm not a Rivers hater. And I believe that without him, which will be sooner rather than later, things will mostly likely be even worse. Who knows when or if this team will ever have a QB as good as him again. He's tied for 16th with 24 game winning 4th quarter comebacks, that's pretty darn good. That said you do have to wonder sometimes if he's mentally capable of winning it all.

Great guy, great quarterback. Beats the heck out of the days of Craig (Wheels)Whelihan, Erik Kramer, The Stormin' Mormon, etc. Or maybe some of you would rather go back to that BS. :P
Old 11-19-2018, 04:52 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Mark View Post
Great guy, great quarterback. Beats the heck out of the days of Craig (Wheels)Whelihan, Erik Kramer, The Stormin' Mormon, etc. Or maybe some of you would rather go back to that BS. :P
They will all soon find out what itís like to NOT have the franchise QB we have now. I hope itís later than sooner. Rivers had a bad game. But, heís the QB, so the criticism comes with the job. However, itís shortsighted to not look at this loss as a COLLECTIVE TEAM EFFORT. 14 penalties?

I have to think that we would have Scored at least one touchdown on those first two drives where the penalties made us settle for a field goals. Missed extra point. Second week in a row where a fake punt cost us points and kept their driver live, this time seven points. It all adds up.

Itís not all rivers. Although he did have the ball in his hands on the final drive, this was a collective team loss.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:32 PM
Boltgang74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Mark View Post
I'm not a Rivers hater. And I believe that without him, which will be sooner rather than later, things will mostly likely be even worse. Who knows when or if this team will ever have a QB as good as him again. He's tied for 16th with 24 game winning 4th quarter comebacks, that's pretty darn good. That said you do have to wonder sometimes if he's mentally capable of winning it all.

Or maybe juuuuust maybe we end up picking a good q.b.A modern style q.b. that can put up big points on game day ala Mahomley or Goff or...
Old 11-19-2018, 08:08 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dha View Post
LOL are you a new fan? the guy who always point fingers for the last decade is the same guy you said 'will always take the heat' ?
Yeah, Rivers has made a career out of blaming everyone else...
Old 11-19-2018, 08:11 PM
SD Chargers

Quote:
He did.

He'll bounce back.
He aint the only one who choked, Look at the amount of penalties and the UTTER LACK of pass rush.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:17 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykr619 View Post
He aint the only one who choked, Look at the amount of penalties and the UTTER LACK of pass rush.
Yep. It was a bad showing by almost everyone. Better now than in January I suppose.