Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2019, 03:46 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
I wore my Charger gear to work out today. The guy at the front desk noticed my shirt and the powder blue blood drive bracelet from two years ago.

Would I go to a game? Does that make me a better fan than those that attend? I'm torn I get the reasons San Diegans don't want to give the team it's time and attention. Comes down to loyalty. The Spanos family unlike Paul Allen fought to keep the Seahawks in Seattle at all costs. It wasn't looking into Carson as an option...then coming back to San Diego to spearhead the stadium proposition. Allen was all in. His legacy will forever be remembered by Seahawk fans.

San Diegans aren't stupid and their not going to go out of their way to travel to Carson and cheer for the Bolts in person. Their not...it's that simple.

With that said, I still cheer for the Bolts. I love this team. I just don't know if I'm willing to economically give my all if the owner didn't fight like the players are all season long. I cheer for the players and want them to experience what it's like to be a champion. Now that this forum is gone....I'll take what time remains and make the most of it. I don't know if I'm going to any other website with a month to go. I...we have this weekend...I'm going to try to savor this weekend and God willing the next. Let the football chips fall where they may. I'll miss this board it's been a heck of a ride. Go Bolts!

Someone on Twitter said it best a few days ago. When Eli said no to San Diego, he wasn't saying no to the fans, he was saying no to the Spanos family. Even though most of us knew the Spanos Family were far from good owners, we had their back, when we needed them to have ours and fight for San Diego, they took their team and fought for someone else.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
I feel bad for the longtime fans who arenít letting themselves enjoy this
Thereís nothing to feel bad about, nobody was forced out.

Everyone made their own decision, and I would sure hope that by this point, they are happy with their decision.

Personally speaking, I have a game to look forward to watching at 1pm EST on Sunday. Next weekend Iím actually hoping to catch the game in person...

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...
Old 01-12-2019, 09:40 AM
Hall of Famer

Chargers heart...some SD diehards still remain. It's a smaller viewing party but it's just down the road from what was Qualcomm Stadium. McGregor's Ale House
roots for the Bolts.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...106-story.html
Old 01-12-2019, 09:45 AM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper31 View Post
Thereís nothing to feel bad about, nobody was forced out.

Everyone made their own decision, and I would sure hope that by this point, they are happy with their decision.

Personally speaking, I have a game to look forward to watching at 1pm EST on Sunday. Next weekend Iím actually hoping to catch the game in person...
The Chargers are playing the Colts in Carson....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:06 AM
Hall of Famer

The mighty 1090 in San diego now covers the Rams (& not the Chargers).
Officially, they are now the flagship station of the L.A. Rams with Sean McVey announcements aired repeatedly.

I wonder how that will work if the Rams are done this weekend and the Chargers move on.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:12 AM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderblueboy View Post
Officially, they are now the flagship station of the L.A. Rams with Sean McVey announcements aired repeatedly.

I wonder how that will work if the Rams are done this weekend and the Chargers move on.
never listen to them anymore. Stopped when they turned to raider fans.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:31 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
never listen to them anymore. Stopped when they turned to raider fans.
Even when the Chargers were still in San Diego Scott Kaplan was so bad I could not listen to it. He did have an amazing ability to turn whatever interview he was doing (could have been a HOF player or the President of the USA for that matter) to all about himself.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:57 AM
Twitter: @Vrabel56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
Never in all my life have I made it from La Mesa to Carson in 90 minutes. Have you driven through North SD county or OC/LA lately...? I do on a regular basis when visiting my daughter in Santa Cruz. I would consider myself lucky getting to Carson in 2+ hours... not even considering accident or parking (add another $100?)...
Have you gone to StubHub on a Sunday? There is no traffic in the two seasons so far.

Quote:
A little anecdote... Today I went to work with my Chargers jersey on. I was the only one. 4 years ago, there would have been 10 people wearing Chargers' jerseys to work on Friday.
At my work, only one person stopped being a fan. Even he is confused now. He is a torn soul with all this winning. I work in downtown SD with a team of 47 people.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
LOL! Quite true.

I'm not trying to disparage any Charger fan that choses to attend games in Carson. I commend you for it. I'm only trying to point out the obvious... there aren't many. Maybe that changes sometime in the future. So far all the reasons for moving (more people/more fans, better ratings, corporate money) haven't come to fruition.

Maybe the financials all work out in the end. But nobody should expect San Diegans to travel, buy tickets, or buy gear... it just won't happen.
The past three home games there was a substantial shift in the home fans. Hope the trend continues.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderblueboy View Post

They "cover" the Rams, but 99% of their time on the Kaplan and Darren Smith shows is about hating on the Bolts. I love that they are going out of business.