Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2018, 10:17 PM
Hall of Famer

Default Let the Rivers Flow!

Came acrosss this tweet and wanted to remind all the did hard of die hard charger fam, the vets who stuck through the painful move to the new guys, how awesome it is we get to see that awesome clutch LEGENDARY 3rd down conversion again. Hey, moving the chains is huge! Every POINT is huge (keep bagley..we miss one kick, we lose today)

I know gates is Ben and Jerries phat and old as then crypt.
But due to an unfortunate injury and both sides not holding grudges, forgiving; forgetting. We get to see Rivers chat to Gates all lite up like a little kid on the sidelines one more time. We get to see two guys who just know.
We get to see that classic 17 yo 85 3rd down conversion again

I posted this video when we lost gates, a lot of yaíll said thanks I had posted it.
Letís enjoy having the lifer charger one last time eh fellas?

Enjoy it while it lasts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa79H3ty9as

Last edited by Eskimo Fabio; 10-21-2018 at 10:22 PM..
Old 10-21-2018, 10:23 PM

I love seeing him give us 1 more year.. Who knows, without that 3rd down catch we very easily lose this game. It was a very good move to bring him back, now I just want him to score another TD or two.
Old 10-21-2018, 10:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Ahem...the two failed passes to Gates in the endzone reminds me of just how impotent he is now. Open field for yards? Sure. When he's a third option for Rivers.

Those wasted two pass attempts to Gates at the goal line were beyond pathetic. It's as if Whiz had to insert them, because Gates is Gates. He looked old and slow. The passes were tossed away because Gates was nowhere near open, on both plays to him. Sad and pathetic.

Whiz, stop with trying to relive 15 years ago when Gates was Gates and Rivers to Gates in the endzone for a TD was a common thing. It ain't now. Got it? Good.
Old 10-21-2018, 10:27 PM
Hall of Famer

Nice to see that clip. Love the pro bowl Rivers throwing a td to pro bowl Gates for the TD.

Funny to see what bad mechanics Rivers had when he was young, like a lumbering lummox, awesome that he lost weight and perfected and honed his craft and is playing better than he ever has, hopefully will catch Brees one day and surpass him in all categories including rings!
Old 10-21-2018, 10:28 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caslon View Post
Ahem...the two failed passes to Gates in the endzone reminds me of just how impotent he is now. Open field for yards? Sure. When he's a third option for Rivers.

Those wasted two pass attempts to Gates at the goal line were beyond pathetic. It's as if Whiz had to insert them, because Gates is Gates. He looked old and slow. The passes were tossed away because Gates was nowhere near open, on both plays to him. Sad and pathetic.

Whiz, stop with trying to relive 15 years ago when Gates was Gates and Rivers to Gates in the endzone for a TD was a common thing. It ain't now. Got it? Good.

I have to disagree, if Hunter was healthy on this team right now he'd probably be the 5th option behind Allen, Williams x2, Gordon for receiving. If we didn't have all of those weapons Gates would be targeted more.
Old 10-21-2018, 10:31 PM
Hall of Famer

Can't take back time. We just can't as much as we all want to. It's tough enough trying to split targets with our wide outs and RB's. I prefer Virgil Green over Gates at this point.

Gates is here for a championship only his best years we're gone seasons ago. He's contributing here and there and mentoring the young guys. This is his last season. He won't be coming back next season. Time for Henry to shine.
Old 10-21-2018, 10:32 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caslon View Post

This was suppose to be a positive Gates love! Thereís a lotta criticism sure. But we get one more year at a good thing and you watch, he just might pull one or two in thatís wins it for us. Year is young son! We are usually fighting out of an impossible black hole deficit, yet weíd still spin it in a way we could get in/ succeed. Gates didnít get signed until the Monday before game one. If we gotta hang the sign, letís at lease see the second half brings! Which is usually Miracle Amazing outta nowhere Late Game 3-4 perfection-then suddenly we become a team nobodyís wants to face, football. I mean itís bolt tradition.
Old 10-21-2018, 10:39 PM

I'd forgotten why I stopped posting here so long ago.. You can make a thread about anything and it will just turn into fans *******g and moaning about something.

Gates is an all time legend and every catch he brings in makes me smile.. He's made 930 of them over the course of his career and we're only going to get to see about 20 more.. Lets enjoy it and enjoy our 5-2 record!
Old 10-21-2018, 10:39 PM
Hall of Famer

Just reiterating that Gates isn't as quick nimble now for a lot of end zone pass catches. He is when Whiz draws up a perfect play and Gates is all by himself to catch a TD. They tried some designated pass plays to him today for a TD that were so off the mark, it was ridiculous. You could see that those two failed plays were designed for Gates because Rivers' eyes were on him from the get go.

I'm just saying...both attempts looked underpracticed and on paper only.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:53 AM

Default Rivers = MVP?

With Brees looking less than stellar the past couple weeks, I think Rivers should be the front runner.

Thoughts?