Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-14-2018, 12:03 AM
Rivers_owns's Avatar
Rivers_owns Rivers_owns is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,745
Default Anyone still complaining about re-signing Gates?

Turned out to be a pretty smart move, no?

In a game won by 1 point today his 50+ receiving yards certainly helped.
Caught the 2 point conversion against the Steelers to bring us within 8.
Touchdown vs 9ers in a 1 point win.
Did his best to get us the win against Broncos.

We could be 8-6 right now without Gates, maybe we are 9-5 or 10-4 but we're definitely not 11-3.

He can still put on the moves and he's as reliable as ever. 1st in TDs for a TE. 3rd in receptions. 3rd in yards.

Get this man a ring! And another TD or 2 please
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-14-2018, 12:12 AM
Fouts-Fan's Avatar
Fouts-Fan Fouts-Fan is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tehachapi
Posts: 963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivers_owns View Post
Turned out to be a pretty smart move, no?

In a game won by 1 point today his 50+ receiving yards certainly helped.
Caught the 2 point conversion against the Steelers to bring us within 8.
Touchdown vs 9ers in a 1 point win.
Did his best to get us the win against Broncos.

We could be 8-6 right now without Gates, maybe we are 9-5 or 10-4 but we're definitely not 11-3.

He can still put on the moves and he's as reliable as ever. 1st in TDs for a TE. 3rd in receptions. 3rd in yards.

Get this man a ring! And another TD or 2 please

Gates turned back the clock tonight for sure. I loved every minute of it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-14-2018, 12:37 AM
jubei's Avatar
jubei jubei is offline
vagabond ninja
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 3,667
Default

he had some sweet shimmies today that made his defenders almost fall. such subtle shake that's so affective (effective?).
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-14-2018, 01:09 AM
ChargingBolts's Avatar
ChargingBolts ChargingBolts is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,697
Default

Love me some Gates, I doubt H.H. #'s would be much higher since Keenan gets most of the looks. I'm down with Gates in 2019 and getting him from 950 catches to 1000 catches!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-14-2018, 05:04 AM
SDCPB SDCPB is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: beaverton
Posts: 5,872
Default

When a player retires, how soon can a team retire a number? Number 85 belongs to Gates. It should not be worn by anyone else suiting up in a Chargers jersey again.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-14-2018, 06:28 AM
bolts4ever21's Avatar
bolts4ever21 bolts4ever21 is offline
...
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Brentwood
Posts: 4,811
Default

I don't think anyone was mad we resigned him. I for one just didn't think it was necessary but still nice to have him on the team that's winning. He deserves that.
__________________

One Love, One Team, One Goal, SUPERBOWL!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-14-2018, 07:08 AM
strykr619's Avatar
strykr619 strykr619 is offline
SD Chargers
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolts4ever21 View Post
I don't think anyone was mad we resigned him. I for one just didn't think it was necessary but still nice to have him on the team that's winning. He deserves that.
If anything last night proved he was essential. Teams keep sleeping on him because he is "old". Yet he is ballin out when we need him too.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-14-2018, 07:09 AM
strykr619's Avatar
strykr619 strykr619 is offline
SD Chargers
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargingBolts View Post
Love me some Gates, I doubt H.H. #'s would be much higher since Keenan gets most of the looks. I'm down with Gates in 2019 and getting him from 950 catches to 1000 catches!
I think its the other way around Keenan would be open more but HH is Rivers safety net ala Gates.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-14-2018, 07:42 AM
DieHardCharge's Avatar
DieHardCharge DieHardCharge is offline
Heartbroken Fan Each Week
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bolt City
Posts: 3,470
Default

Who the Heckkers complained about the signing? What sense does that make when we had our top tight end get injured and then we re-sign a veteran who pays well with Rivers and knows the system? Just doesn't make sense.
__________________
Founder and President of #BBB - Bring Back Badgley


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-14-2018, 08:02 AM
AK46um's Avatar
AK46um AK46um is offline
Electric Glide Offense
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Glendale
Posts: 9,410
Default

For a moment I was wondering why Liuget was playing offense LOL.

Gates was out there glidin'. Whatcha you know about that Electric Glide you KC DB youngbloods?

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:57 PM.


© 2018 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.