Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2018, 10:16 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Default Bring on the Ravens!!

Our course is set:

Preliminary weather report for Sunday is 49 degrees, sunshine and clouds mixed (no rain) and winds 5 to 10 mph.

Bolt up!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-30-2018, 10:24 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Default Like I figured after they retaped Melvin ...

I talked to Melvin Gordon and he said that he just tweaked his ankle and could have went back in the game, but coaching staff held him out. Gordon said he’s good to go for next week.

https://twitter.com/eric_d_williams/...583932416?s=21

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 12-30-2018, 10:34 PM
Hall of Famer

whats up with Rivers and the ints?! He has got to clean that up and stop gifting teams, Xmas is over!
Old 12-30-2018, 11:11 PM
Hall of Famer

Which Rivers will show up? He's been missing in action. Hope he returns in time for Sunday.

I'm tuning into the Network to get the latest analysis on how to stop this Ravens defense. What better way to get this from a former Super Bowl champion and Raven Head Coach in Brian Billick and former Super Bowl Champ and offensive lineman in Shaun O'Hara.

These guys know their stuff with regard to alignment, assignment and execution of the X's and O's. Go Bolts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by daygobrett View Post
whats up with Rivers and the ints?! He has got to clean that up and stop gifting teams, Xmas is over!
Old 12-30-2018, 11:13 PM
MVP

Tough game next week, tough environment, and tough start time as well. The positive is that we already played this team and they haven’t changed much since we’ve played them. We on the other hand know that we didn’t play well that Sunday and we have much to clean up if we are gonna win. The ravens opened up as 3 point favorites which means this game will come down to the 4th qrt and possible final drive. It’s been a while since we’ve been to the dance. I hope this team is ready to play! #boltup!
Old 12-31-2018, 08:15 AM
Nutz and Boltz

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter

"Despite limping off in Sunday’s fourth quarter, Chargers RB Melvin Gordon is expected to play Sunday against the Ravens, per source. Chargers TE Hunter Henry, who tore his ACL during the off-season, also is expected to play Sunday against the Ravens, per source."

HH will be rusty but they will need to gameplan for him.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:37 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amped View Post
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter

"Despite limping off in Sunday’s fourth quarter, Chargers RB Melvin Gordon is expected to play Sunday against the Ravens, per source. Chargers TE Hunter Henry, who tore his ACL during the off-season, also is expected to play Sunday against the Ravens, per source."

HH will be rusty but they will need to gameplan for him.
Still think they should have given him some Reps against the broncos to get his feet wet
Old 12-31-2018, 08:51 AM
Hall of Famer

Jatavis will he play? If not, Kyle Wilson is on the depth chart. Who is he? Will soon find out. Wonder who will be making the calls at the line of scrimmage with Brown out. Wishbone offense needs to be snuffed because it's coming. Attack it don't hesitate...Jackson can still burn you if your not assignment sound.

Protections on offense as mentioned will be key. Will Pouncey provide help on Brandon Williams? If so they may blitz/ stunt on the other side of him. Williams is a load at 330 lbs and can penetrate if left one on one. Their linebackers are active and athletic. How will they neutralize them on blitz packages? Maybe HH comes in to help block with Green on other side.

Got to give Rivers time and hopefully he's poised to get the ball out quickly. Eckler will be a factor in this game having been absent last time we played them. The running game looks to be getting back on track in the 4th quarter. It's concerning that we can't seem to establish a rhythm on offense early.

Jackson has fumbled the ball 10 times over his span of games. Our defense is seeking to strip/ knock the ball out. Be sure we are fundamentally sound tackling first. Bosa affect looks to be of impact just in time for the playoffs. Let's go!
Old 12-31-2018, 08:52 AM
Hall of Famer

This is it boys. Been a long time...2013 feels like forever ago.

We have the pieces to make a run. Gotta make the most of it. There is no team we can't beat this year. With Philip's legacy on the line, you'd hope that we put together a better performance in the rematch against the Ravens.

Don't care if it's the ugliest game ever, even 3-0. But we have to find a way to win. After that, anything is possible.
Old 12-31-2018, 09:18 AM
<<Offseason Program

Really, REALLY need Ingram to make an impact. Maybe I am more critical because he's a S. Carolina guy, but I swear I didn't see a Pro Bowl year from him. He had a few stand out games, but for the most part, all I saw was average at best. I really hope he proves me an idiot. It certainly wouldn't be the 1st time that has happened.

I like the part where you say you're going to give him the benefit of the doubt, and then proceed to not give him the benefit of the doubt.