Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2018, 09:23 AM
Hall of Famer

The moment MG took a Rivers short pass against the Raiders juked a linebacker and outran the secondary to the house. I was thinking wow...MG has reached the zenith of his talent. All pro season for sure!

Not just that play but also his ability to find holes and burst into the open, making cuts to make a guy a miss and his effort after getting an initial hit. He refused to go down and would run for extra yards. Even his blocking was superb! He then got hurt and is struggling to get back to that groove. Hope it's soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJAX85 View Post
Really, REALLY need Ingram to make an impact. Maybe I am more critical because he's a S. Carolina guy, but I swear I didn't see a Pro Bowl year from him. He had a few stand out games, but for the most part, all I saw was average at best. I really hope he proves me an idiot. It certainly wouldn't be the 1st time that has happened.
Old 12-31-2018, 09:28 AM
<<Offseason Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
The moment MG took a Rivers short pass against the Raiders juked a linebacker and outran the secondary to the house. I was thinking wow...MG has reached the zenith of his talent. All pro season for sure!

Not just that play but also his ability to find holes and burst into the open, making cuts to make a guy a miss and his effort after getting an initial hit. He refused to go down and would run for extra yards. Even his blocking was superb! He then got hurt and is struggling to get back to that groove. Hope it's soon.
The other Melvin. I think Gordon was deserving for sure.

I like the part where you say you're going to give him the benefit of the doubt, and then proceed to not give him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 12-31-2018, 09:42 AM
Hall of Famer

Whoops...Ingram. Yes not a force as far as numbers last year. Hopefully he can contain Jackson and get a sack this Sunday. We need him to come up big.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJAX85 View Post
The other Melvin. I think Gordon was deserving for sure.

Last edited by ltinabottle; 12-31-2018 at 10:13 AM..
Old 12-31-2018, 10:12 AM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
Which Rivers will show up? He's been missing in action. Hope he returns in time for Sunday.

I'm tuning into the Network to get the latest analysis on how to stop this Ravens defense. What better way to get this from a former Super Bowl champion and Raven Head Coach in Brian Billick and former Super Bowl Champ and offensive lineman in Shaun O'Hara.

These guys know their stuff with regard to alignment, assignment and execution of the X's and O's. Go Bolts!
Which OL will show up? They are getting owned of late... but yeah, PR hasn't played well either. He is flat out known for not getting it done in the playoffs. These last two games are eerily like some of his playoff performances in the past. Not going to cut it come Sunday. Bolts needs to find a way to run the ball to open up play action. That Raven D was just pinning their ears back. I guess all the holding calls they got helped too. This Bolts Team is a lot more talented than the Ravens IMO. No excuses. Get er done.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-31-2018, 10:16 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Which Rivers will show up? He's been missing in action. Hope he returns in time for Sunday.

I'm tuning into the Network to get the latest analysis on how to stop this Ravens defense. What better way to get this from a former Super Bowl champion and Raven Head Coach in Brian Billick and former Super Bowl Champ and offensive lineman in Shaun O'Hara.

These guys know their stuff with regard to alignment, assignment and execution of the X's and O's. Go Bolts!
What did Billick/O'Hara say ?
Old 12-31-2018, 10:24 AM
First member of the board

If Hunter Henry is back, it's a much better offense the Ravens will face this time. I sure hope we gear soon that he's been activated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-31-2018, 10:24 AM
Hall of Famer

For the playoff game? Not shown just yet...prior to their first meeting Billick highlighted the Ravens aggressive defense.

How they like to line up their front four and creep one/ two linebackers to disguise their blitzes. Sometimes they will pull out other times rush in.

It's a guessing game and our offensive line as predicted by Billick weren't ready to pick up the blitzes. Hope we have better game plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
What did Belick/O'Hara say ?
Old 12-31-2018, 10:34 AM
Rookie

Default Stop the chess match

For at least one series, get to the line of scrimmage, run the play called in the huddle and just execute.

All of the Weddle vs Rivers mind games is not really what football is about. Block, run, throw, catch. Keep it simple for at least one series.

For another series, call pretend audibles but run the play called in the huddle. See how it works. Not much worked last game.

And maybe give Gene a shot at a few runs to keep them off balance.

That's my fancy game plan. Just execute.
Old 12-31-2018, 10:41 AM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMR8FAN View Post
For at least one series, get to the line of scrimmage, run the play called in the huddle and just execute.

All of the Weddle vs Rivers mind games is not really what football is about. Block, run, throw, catch. Keep it simple for at least one series.

For another series, call pretend audibles but run the play called in the huddle. See how it works. Not much worked last game.

And maybe give Gene a shot at a few runs to keep them off balance.

That's my fancy game plan. Just execute.
Play Geno?

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 12-31-2018, 10:47 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
Play Geno?
Basically fumble the game away lol