Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 06:23 PM
Hall of Famer

Default Plaster the Patriots

I haven't seen much if any of the Pats this season. But if you were around in 2006 and 2007, this game means more than just a trip to the AFCCG. This is payback. This is revenge. They spoiled our best chance at the Super Bowl since we actually went to the Super Bowl. And then they danced. And I'm not talking AOC harmless b'fast club dancing. I'm talking danced on our logo and insulted our players.

Now, the time has come. Blow open the fissure between B4rady and belichick. Bury thge pretty boy. Out-coach the hooded dark cheater.

Next Sunday folks. Redemption is here.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:30 PM
Hall of Famer

I'm tired of losing to the NWO Patriots.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:32 PM
Hall of Famer

There will be much chirping here in Brossard, as the team is split between Pats and Bolts. I am guessing there will be a few goofy bets.....

Old 01-06-2019, 06:33 PM
Madness? This is Chargers

Keys to beating the Patriots per Mike Vrabel. Pretty straight forward but worth pointing out anyways.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/12/we...rs-leveon-bell
Quote:
Mike Vrabel Knows How to Beat the Patriots

At the end of the Tennessee work week, first-year Titans coach Mike Vrabel brought back bad memories to drill home a message he wanted his defensive players to heed. He showed them last January’s divisional playoff loss to the Patriots. That game included a series of mental mistakes and knucklehead moments, which took the uphill battle the Titans faced at Gillette Stadium that night and made it an impossible climb.
His point wasn’t complicated.

“It was a friendly reminder, of what happens there if you’re not being ready to go, handing them too many plays, both offensively and defensively, and even on special teams with a penalty that converted a first down that led to a touchdown,” Vrabel said Sunday night. “So I think they really appreciated that after seeing it, understanding that they can’t do anything that just gives them free plays.

“You can’t give them an inch—whatever they get they have to earn. Too many times you just give them something, a turnover, you hand it to him, you don’t cover somebody, can’t get lined up, and they take advantage of you.”

Vrabel knows pretty well, of course, because he used to be one of the guys taking advantage of these poor teams’ mistakes. And now, a decade after he last wore a New England uniform, such understanding helped him lead a 34-10 beatdown of his old team and his old coach in Nashville.

Think the message was received? The Titans didn’t turn the ball over and only had four penalties (versus 10 in that playoff game). They controlled both lines of scrimmage. They held a 150-40 edge in rushing yards, and a 23-16 advantage in first downs.

It was right from the jump too. Darius Jennings took the opening kick back to the Patriots 40; Marcus Mariota hit Corey Davis for 24 yards on the game’s first offensive play; the Titans ground out another first down on three straight runs, and the march was capped with a four-yard touchdown pass from Mariota to Jonnu Smith on a scramble play on third-and-goal.

There was more of this sort of thing throughout. In fact, the Titans’ final touchdown was scored with a series of five consecutive runs covering the final 35 yards to paydirt, which was proof of another theme of the week coming home to roost.

“I think they believed me when I said that they’d be ready to go by Sunday to play a physical game,” Vrabel said. “I think they also believe me when I try to tell them that you can’t hand them anything. This is a team that historically has feasted on bad football, teams just hand them yards or make mistakes defensively or offensively, and they feast on that. So I think they bought into that.”

And the buy-in’s pretty evident in how Vrabel’s group bounced back from an October swoon—consecutive losses to the Bills, Ravens and Chargers leading into its bye. After a slow start last Monday night in Dallas, the Titans took over and ran the Cowboys off the field, and carried that right through a short week and into Sunday against the Patriots.

Vrabel will concede now that with so many Patriots alumni on his staff and his roster—guys like defensive coordinator Dean Pees, GM Jon Robinson, corners Malcolm Butler and Logan Ryan, and running back Dion Lewis—the radar was probably up a little higher this week. His hope now is that the results will give the players reinforcement on the work they’re putting in.
“This can be a lesson,” Vrabel said. “On Wednesday we worked, and Thursday you build up. And I felt like as we worked at the end of the week things got progressively better with our preparation and our understanding as a team, and as special teams, defense and offense. So maybe because it’s the Patriots. I don’t know. But hopefully we can learn from this.”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unleash the Rivers!!!
Old 01-06-2019, 06:38 PM
Hall of Famer

Chargers are the better overall team. Patriots just don't seem invinscible like in previous years. But They have Brady, and Belichik will game plan based on what he saw the Bolts do today.

One of my buddies thinks the Pat's will win by 13. I think he's nuts. It is going to be another nail biter.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:46 PM
I'm No Noob

I am less nervous than I was for the Ravens, mainly because of the Raven’s defense.

Rivers won’t be killed like he was the first game or attacked like today. At least I hope.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:49 PM

It wouldn't be a great Super Bowl run without going through the Patriots. It's our time and their time has past. Just another team in out path. Just will be a lil sweeter going through them.

One Love, One Team, One Goal, SUPERBOWL!!!
Old 01-06-2019, 06:51 PM
Moderator of the Trenches

If this is a "Redemption Tour"....the Pats are a must.

Ideally, James intercepts the ball to clinch it and GOES DOWN!
Old 01-06-2019, 06:51 PM
All-Pro

We can't beat ourselves, plain and simple. That's the key to this game. Just keep doing what we are doing and grinding it out. I want to see Bosa And Ingram in Brady's face all game.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:57 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
I haven't seen much if any of the Pats this season. But if you were around in 2006 and 2007, this game means more than just a trip to the AFCCG. This is payback. This is revenge. They spoiled our best chance at the Super Bowl since we actually went to the Super Bowl. And then they danced. And I'm not talking AOC harmless b'fast club dancing. I'm talking danced on our logo and insulted our players.

Now, the time has come. Blow open the fissure between B4rady and belichick. Bury thge pretty boy. Out-coach the hooded dark cheater.

Next Sunday folks. Redemption is here.

We spoiled our best chance to win the SuperBowl. That first playoff game in the 2006 - 2007 season we should have won by 3 TD's. The next season with Norv we got off to a slow start and had to play an extra game, to many key players got hurt.
Closed Thread