Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 11:01 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21and500 View Post
When we beat NE the talk will be about Bradyís regressed play and lack of talent around him.
When we beat the Chiefs next week the talk will be about Mahomesí inexperience and Reidís horrible post season track record.

But what will be the talk when we beat the Saints in the superbowl?
Fortunate bounces? Being healthier?

When will the talk be that weíre simply the best overall team in the NFL this season?
If we win the Super Bowl it will be undeniable
Old 01-10-2019, 11:17 PM
BHC: Giving Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchrger View Post
The Colts are not playing against a rookie QB. From your recent posts, I have to assume that you donít watch much football.
It is Mahomes' first playoff game. QB's starting their first game in the playoffs are 8-15 since 2010 and 0-3 this year (Trubisky, Watson and of course Lamar Jackson). Does Mahomes buck that trend? We'll see Saturday.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:52 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadTrip View Post
I suspect we'll go nickle and dime when Michel is in the game, and penny when White is in. Michel caught like 5 passes all year so it makes sense to have bigger guys in. the cheaters might not be as predictable as Balt but they do have clear cut strengths and weakness based on personnel.
I havenít seen a convincing argument against the penny d. Baltimore has a pounding rb who was completely ineffective against the Chargers because the dline didnít let oline men downfield against the dbs. Addae played maybe his best game in the LB spot. And if youíre worried about the Pats quick passing game with Edelman, Hogan and White, the dbs have a much better shot at covering them than Hayes or Emanuel. Weíll probably mix it up a bit but the 7 dB d is a wrinkle that youíll see more and more teams use
Old 01-11-2019, 12:01 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Look folks, I want the Bolts to win the Super Bowl, but if I can't express my thoughts on this board, why do we have it ? I don't think the roster is there yet, been saying it all season. I think they are two years out.....my opinion, not any of yours. What gives me the right to say that, or as has been said 'what are your credentials' for having such an opinion? I am part of a roster build, pro level. No I am not making the decisions, but I am in the meetings, hearing the honest, even brutal, evaluations of players by the team executives. Then I get to sit and talk with the owner, he wants honest opinions, I am put on the spot a bunch. How much these conversations influence him I have no idea, but I give plenty of thought to how my words affect these kids and their dream of playing in the NHL. I think I have the 'credentials' to express my thoughts on a message board.

Let's hope the Bolts get the bounces, stay healthy, and win the Super Bowl. I would love to see them exceed all expectations.....
The problem with your thoughts is that they donít evolve. You say the same thing every year. They are x number of years away. You had em at 5 wins last year and said they weee years away. Truth is, they were a field goal kicker away and would have been a dangerous playoff team if the tie breaks didnít doom them and a team they smoked 55-24 got in instead with the same record.

I think you look at the Chargers in a vacuum. Their roster isnít perfect and you wo t say they are there until it is. No roster is. Everybody has holes. Who can devise a plan to the strength of their players, execute and have some luck. Thatís the difference now
Old 01-11-2019, 12:42 AM
Hall of Famer

As you have stated Moe,
we should be living in the moment.

Give this our best shot.
It is time.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:29 AM
outback goon

where did the name penny d come from?

Nickel
Dime
Penny?
Old 01-11-2019, 03:52 AM
Hall of Famer

Old 01-11-2019, 04:23 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Look folks, I want the Bolts to win the Super Bowl, but if I can't express my thoughts on this board, why do we have it ? So we can suppress and defeat NHL Canadian Goalies. You don't have to work at NASA to figure that out. I don't think the roster is there yet, been saying it all season. I think they are two years out.....my opinion, not any of yours. And here we are playing in mid-January at the Patriots in the DIVISIONAL ROUND of the playoffs. What gives me the right to say that, or as has been said 'what are your credentials' for having such an opinion? I am part of a roster build, pro level. You haven't even BEEN to the Cup in 36 years. Rebuild ???? ? They built freaking Rome in less time !!! People fund their entire Social Security in that amount of time. Brother talkin' bout "Rebuild". Holy Cats and fish on Fridays !!!!!! No I am not making the decisions, and your organization thanks the hockey gods every day for that. but I am in the meetings, alternating between sipping Latte's and sleeping. hearing the honest, even brutal, evaluations of players by the team executives. Praying that your own evaluation isn't brought up. Then I get to sit and talk with the owner, he wants honest opinions, I am put on the spot a bunch. I wouldn't call rolling over to get your belly scratched "on the spot". Being late with the owners hot Latte delivery might be though. How much these conversations influence him I have no idea, Try 0-0 and see what that equals. but I give plenty of thought to how my words affect these kids and their dream of playing in the NHL. Translated: as long as I am getting a paycheck, these "kids" can fall though the ice for all I care. I think I have the 'credentials' to express my thoughts on a message board. Only because the check Freak sent Totally Bolted to ban you bounced. The BHC Superfund was misappropriated. By me.

Let's hope the Bolts get the bounces, stay healthy, and win the Super Bowl. I would love to see them exceed all expectations.....You would only "love" to be able to say I told you so. That they have come so far beyond your imagination scares the stick right out of your hand.
Good post. Glad I could clarify it. You are welcome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Chargerfreak; 01-11-2019 at 04:29 AM..
Old 01-11-2019, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
I havenít seen a convincing argument against the penny d. Baltimore has a pounding rb who was completely ineffective against the Chargers because the dline didnít let oline men downfield against the dbs. Addae played maybe his best game in the LB spot. And if youíre worried about the Pats quick passing game with Edelman, Hogan and White, the dbs have a much better shot at covering them than Hayes or Emanuel. Weíll probably mix it up a bit but the 7 dB d is a wrinkle that youíll see more and more teams use
Brady is the master of the dink & doink, would not surprise me in the least if he does what he always does and just picks the Charger defense apart.

Charger offense better score TD's as well, you wont beat NE by kicking FG's. They tried that already once.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:39 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
If we win the Super Bowl it will be undeniable
Phil has 2 guys standing in his way towards playing for a Championship...

Pretty much a rookie QB, even tho it's his second season and an old QB with a team around him that is not what it once was.

I like our chances IF the Chargers come into this game with the right attitude and total effort.

Luck will be very lucky to beat KC so that's a different monster over there.
Closed Thread