Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 08:16 AM
Moderator of the Trenches

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYboltfan1 View Post
Oh crap, they are on to me!

That's not really the case at all. I just post the obvious and if I am right I don't come back and gloat and will be the first to admit when I was wrong.

Look man, none of us play these games, it's not us out on the field. I don't live my life through other people, you shouldn't either.
That's all well and good but you shouldn't be shocked when a bunch of Bolt fans don't appreciate your pessimistic craptakes which are wrong before the games. Keep posting them, but know that you're creating your own problems.

Defensive pessimism and negativity is soooo McCoy Era.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:16 AM
Hall of Famer

Reffing crew for Sunday is one Tom Brady has never lost with.

Time for Chargers to break another streak.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:22 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Not true, and I have said many times the depth and talent have improved, but you choose to ignore that.

You are correct, the Bolts could win it all, as they are in fact one of the final 8. That said, I do not expect them to, and most football experts/pundits seem to agree, as they are not favored. As I have said earlier, stay healthy, get some luck, and they could exceed expectations.
No, youíve said we lack depth to be a contender. That was your take at the beginning and early parts of the season. Turned out that we had enough depth at RB to beat good teams without our #1 and 2 backs and enough depth on the DL to win without Liuget and Mebane. LB, we will see but they have so far survived the loss of Perryman, White and now Brown.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:28 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud View Post
Well this part isn't really true. Double teams almost always work to 2nd level in the NFL, but the DBs weren't taking them on. They just went around. And because of their speed they could go the wrong way and STILL get to the flats quicker than most.

NE has the answer though, which will be to go to some 22 personnel and run iso and blast at us. I was shocked Baltimore didn't do it until it was too late and they had to pass.

It's intriguing, but doing it again? It'll depend on our offense for sure. Cannot do it if we're trailing.
Oh good god. Did you watch the game? The story was the dlineís ability to neutralize Baltís oline and part of that was keeping them from getting to the second level because they were getting worked at the first level. We won in the trenches.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:29 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Good post. Glad I could clarify it. You are welcome.
Oh Lordy lord lord. Potd
Old 01-11-2019, 08:34 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
No, youíve said we lack depth to be a contender. That was your take at the beginning and early parts of the season. Turned out that we had enough depth at RB to beat good teams without our #1 and 2 backs and enough depth on the DL to win without Liuget and Mebane. LB, we will see but they have so far survived the loss of Perryman, White and now Brown.
It is highly unlikely I would say 'we lack depth to be a contender', as that simply is not my belief. I think every team is a contender every game.....you know the 'on any Sunday' cliche. I would suspect you are twisting a much more likely statement from me 'they lack the depth to win a Super Bowl' into something that fits for you. Clearly the Bolts have exceeded expectations, and might continue to do so, even to the point of winning a Championship, but few are expecting them to.

I have question for you, and anyone else that might want to answer.

If the Bolts win the SB this year, is the dynasty on (meaning make it back to the SB), or do they regress next year ?

Old 01-11-2019, 08:35 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
It is highly unlikely I would say 'we lack depth to be a contender', as that simply is not my belief. I think every team is a contender every game.....you know the 'on any Sunday' cliche. I would suspect you are twisting a much more likely statement from me 'they lack the depth to win a Super Bowl' into something that fits for you. Clearly the Bolts have exceeded expectations, and might continue to do so, even to the point of winning a Championship, but few are expecting them to.

If the Bolts win the SB this year, is the dynasty on (meaning make it back to the SB), or do they regress next year ?
Itís on like donkey kong
Old 01-11-2019, 08:36 AM
Hall of Famer

Patriots worked out in a snowstorm yesterday.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:45 AM
Power of 51

Quote:

Repeating is hard in the modern era, just like with hockey, unless you are the Pens.
Salary Cap is a factor, and players that win a SB want PAID because of it. When you are still celebrating in June and July, it makes getting ready really hard. Rekindling magic is difficult. Look how bad Philly played the first half of the year. Good example for everything I just listed.

We're young enough. Keep the core, and draft well. That would be the starting points.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:47 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Oh Lordy lord lord. Potd
I thank you, sir.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Closed Thread