Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 12:08 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Cha-gers View Post
What's the deal with Gronk's x-large elbow brace? .... can't recall seeing something quite that big being worn for as long as he's been wearing it.

With the reputation the Pats have regarding cheating I hope nobody pulls the fire alarm in the middle of the night at the team hotel or messes with the food .... I think I'd wanna stay outside the city at an undisclosed location.

Sounds like the weather will be cold at or below freezing but no snow and light wind.

Go Chargers! .... bring it this Sunday!
Wow, that jumbo-sized elbow "brace" Gronk is wearing is big enough to carry a boom mike to pick up conversations from wherever they might want to pick them up...just sayin'...
3. Charles Omenihu, DT, Texas
4. T.J. Edwards, ILB, Wisconsin
5. JoeJuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt
6. Nic Needham, CB, UTEP
7. Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn

Old 01-11-2019, 12:12 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
If Emmanuel and Pullard are in the game, does that mean the Patriots have to call a running play ?
LOL! I had the same thought.
We have to be ready to defend any damn thing every snap. If BB & Brady catch us in a run specific D, it's going to be a pass.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
But what do you do when you run out of 'best players' at 9........
LOL! The guys who are available are always the best at that moment in time. Hard to imagine that you disn't know that.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:21 PM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat4477 View Post
LOL...but seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if Belli-cheat pulled another dirty trick, like signing a Charger who was recently cut, just to grill him on our playbook...
That is SOOOOO last Sunday evening.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:22 PM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargeroo View Post
that's funny! Made me laugh.
bolt up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:30 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargingBolts View Post
I see both sides, to me it's not like it is their 11 players vs. our 7 players due to size, it's 11 vs. 11 still ... on the other hand if playing 7 db's was such a sure fire thing why doesn't every team do it?

we've done it in small doses in the past. i think others have as well. many times LB'ers are the best players on a defense so you're not gonna take them off the field. also, you gotta have the people for it and its a copycat league. you can expect to see others try it. if our best LB'ers were playing i doubt we would have tried it.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:33 PM
Hall of Famer

I am so on pins and needles waiting for this game. Perhaps the fact that I just freshened the composter has something to do with it, lol.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:37 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Remember the 2007 AFCCG? The Patriots held the ball for the last 8-9 minutes running it down our throat.
Probably why we moved on from DC Ted Cotrell, spent years looking for a quality ILB.
This isn't those teams, thank goodness.
Pats will run, that's what their team does. We can't play them exactly as we did Balt, they're a different offense. We will show the same personnel but tweak the responsibilities, sub some different packages.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:39 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
That is SOOOOO last Sunday evening.
How about when the Cheatriots signed ex-Steeler James Harrison, RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF the playoffs two years ago, when the Pats and Steelers were top seeds, then everyone bent over backwards to DENY the Pats asked him ANYTHING about the Pittsburgh playbook:

"The Pats and the Steelers will be the No. 1 and 2 seeds in the playoffs and may well meet in the A.F.C. championship game. Could Harrison’s signing be a sneaky way for Coach Bill Belichick to get some inside information on the Steelers?

The former linebacker Jonathan Vilma, now an ESPN analyst, thinks so. “It’s all intel,” he said, dismissing the notion that Harrison could actually help the Patriots on the playing field. “Great players, they’re the last ones to know when they don’t have it anymore. Everyone else sees it. Right now, he doesn’t have it.”

But Harrison said Belichick had not asked him “one thing” about the Steelers’ playbook, The Post-Gazette reported. To be fair, the Patriots have shown a tendency to sign veteran stars, even when their “intel” may have little value. In November, they picked up tight end Martellus Bennett, though the Packers’ playbook this season would be of little interest.

Belichick himself was less than forthcoming on Wednesday about the signing. Asked about Harrison’s playing style, he helpfully answered: “He’s played outside linebacker for the Steelers.” Harrison’s career was assessed in a single word: “Good.”

Asked specifically if Harrison could provide “valuable intelligence” about the Steelers, he replied: “Well, we’re playing the Jets this week. I don’t really know what that has to do with it. Maybe I’m missing something. I don’t know.” When told that the Steelers were a possible playoff opponent, he again noted, “Well, we play the Jets this week.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/28/s...-patriots.html
3. Charles Omenihu, DT, Texas
4. T.J. Edwards, ILB, Wisconsin
5. JoeJuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt
6. Nic Needham, CB, UTEP
7. Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn

Old 01-11-2019, 12:42 PM
Hall of Famer

LT had his day with Brady and Belichick as a Jet. Leading the team to a playoff victory when he was with the team back in 2011 or was it 12? A young Mark Sanchez was at the helm. LT had fire in his eyes and was the verbal leader of the team. He got his revenge. It's all on the NFL Network on LT's football life.

I liken Sunday's game to be similar to Rocky sequels. Rocky goes from meat packing ordinary guy to contender to heavyweight champion. I see the Patriots as being beyond the championships...real satisfied and commercialized. Similar to the Rocky lll where the champs become a bit too content.

The Bolts well we're Clubber Lang saying c'mon fool! We're rising and up and coming...to be the champ you got beat the champ. Revenge can certainly be your motive...for me it's just time to dethrone these guys and end this dynasties run. We play smart football and execute without distractions or implosions...will be fine. Easier said then done. Good luck fellas!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkmacc21 View Post
I have been keeping my mouth shut but I swear that day I developed a hatred for the Patriots like no other...just seeing the hurt on LT's face right after the game and during the press conference...for anyone that was a fan back then we all know that this is definitely personal...I wouldn't be surprised if LT has a little something to say to the team this week. Or better yet, just let them watch that game til the end...I really hope we beat them but good!
Closed Thread