Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2019, 10:37 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchrger View Post
The answers are listed above.
But you did not answer about
The Carson Conspiracy...
Old 01-07-2019, 10:38 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Curious....how does the money increase ?

Broadcast rights are set, commercial time costs set.....is there some Fantasy League money, or Betting money that the League would get a slice of ?
There are tv ratings differentials for teams. Pittsburgh, Dallas, NEW ENGLAND, Mahomes/KC, Saints. Will draw more viewers, which means higher watcher ratings.

Chargers and Colts would draw ratings just because it would be AFCCG. But the bigger watcher markets are to be found in what I listed above.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:03 AM
Experienced

Thanks guys, I feel better now. I do agree that the NFL would prefer a Mahommes/Brady rematch as the AFCCG, out with the old in with the new type of game, but I don't see KC beating Indy. I think Luck and Marlon will run and pass all over that KC D.
Maybe we win, the Colts win and miraculously Stub Hub becomes unplayable and they move the game to Indy. That wouldn't bother me a bit. Like Crash Davis said "I can get us a rainout".
Old 01-07-2019, 11:07 AM
Twitter: @Vrabel56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbirdsd View Post
Thanks guys, I feel better now. I do agree that the NFL would prefer a Mahommes/Brady rematch as the AFCCG, out with the old in with the new type of game, but I don't see KC beating Indy. I think Luck and Marlon will run and pass all over that KC D.
Maybe we win, the Colts win and miraculously Stub Hub becomes unplayable and they move the game to Indy. That wouldn't bother me a bit. Like Crash Davis said "I can get us a rainout".
I hold onto hope that the NFL wants the Chargers in the Superbowl for Rivers and to jump start the LA Bolts fan base. Hoping for some favorable calls against the Patriots
Old 01-07-2019, 11:29 AM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
I hold onto hope that the NFL wants the Chargers in the Superbowl for Rivers and to jump start the LA Bolts fan base. Hoping for some favorable calls against the Patriots
Perhaps... one can only hope. Since the Pitt game, I have seen so many PIs get ignored against our team... it is starting to become pretty ridiculous. The one PI call we did get against KC was deemed by many to be a gift.... but the DB held down MDub's arm when he jumped... that fact that he would probably have not been able to catch it in bounds shouldn't have made the call moot. Besides, PR was totally blown up with a helmet-to-helmet the play before that should have given them fresh downs. Yesterday Allen was literally thrown out of bounds when he beat his guy on a double move... no call. Ekeler was stopped at the goalline early in the game and it was a blatant facemask... no call... announcers ignored it too. Watt was in for the TD... it was so obvious. The list goes on and on.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:41 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchrger View Post
1) How do we challenge the Watt goal line catch as a TD and it then gets placed at the 1 yard line? Spot of the ball challenges only change the placement of the ball when a first down or touchdown is ruled.
Is that seriously the rule? Asking because I don't know for sure.

Let's take this example: A team is facing a 2nd & 10 late in the game, the refs rule that the runner stepped out of bounds after a 2-yard gain, but the replay shows that he did not step out of bounds and was eventually tackled after a 9+ yard gain, just short of the 1st down when it is measured.

If there was no whistle blowing the play dead (ala the Watts roll), it would still be a third and 8 instead of 4th and inches?

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:09 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc View Post

Let's not forget how much the league has come down on the Patriots & Brady over the last several years. I don't think the NFL has any special interest in seeing the Patriots succeed more than another team.
People get tired of watching the same thing all the time. And the Patriots have won so much. That will also play into the ratings.

Quote:
Adding to what I said above. Rivers may be getting the same love that Peyton Manning was getting when he was on his championship run.

Teams that got a new stadium or will be getting a new stadium has sent a team to the Super Bowl half the time. If you look at the teams that got a new stadium in the last 10 years or so.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:11 PM
WE ARE ALL INjured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbirdsd View Post
I was a little concerned with a few calls yesterday.
1) How do we challenge the Watt goal line catch as a TD and it then gets placed at the 1 yard line?
2) How did they take 4 yards away from Ekeler on the run in the 4th quarter where he was immediately down by contact but at the 41 not the 45?
3) How did Okung get a holding call on the sweep by Gordon in the 4th to seal the game, when all he did was an open handed push to the chest of the defender?

I spouted about conspiracy against the Chargers and the NFL not wanting the AFC championship game in Carson before, but feel free to alleviate my concerns. Am I being paranoid? Even paranoid people have enemies.
There was a an early hit by Weddle on I believe Benjamin that looked like it should of been called a personal foul as he led with the crown of his head towards Benjamin and it was borderline out of bounds.

Old 01-07-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCPB View Post
People get tired of watching the same thing all the time. And the Patriots have won so much. That will also play into the ratings.

Adding to what I said above. Rivers may be getting the same love that Peyton Manning was getting when he was on his championship run.

Teams that got a new stadium or will be getting a new stadium has sent a team to the Super Bowl half the time. If you look at the teams that got a new stadium in the last 10 years or so.
It's definitely more than half the time. Just before or just after the stadium is built, within 3 seasons. Usually before.
You can also include moving to a new city. Rams,Niners,Giants,Cardinals, Ravens,Titans , Falcons,all ended up in a SB after announcing building a new,stadium or moving. Saints, after their rebuild was finished.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:41 PM
SD Chargers

Quote:
Yeah, that one was ridiculous. IIRC didn't they spot Melvin Gordon's down by contact a yard away too?

I read somewhere that per NFL rules, it is where he gave himself up at.

I personally thought it was a hold. Unneeded, but still a hold.

I thought the hair grab hold was pretty hilarious. Since it's part of your uniform it definitely was a hold, but I have never seen a holding called on yanking someone's hair. Loved it. Showed some dominance over them!
Problem is the person Okung held committed a penalty (encroachment) and it wasn't called. That's why its considered a *** call.