Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2019, 12:48 PM
Rookie

I agree with the NFL conspiracy against smaller market teams advancing deep into the playoffs. There's no money for the NFL when this happens. In cinderella stories like the Mighty Ducks movie, then yes. But most of America doesn't care for the Chargers. Not even in LA.

But I'm not sure if Okung airing out grievances publicly is helping us.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-the-chargers/
Old 01-07-2019, 12:50 PM
Twitter: @Vrabel56

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykr619 View Post
Problem is the person Okung held committed a penalty (encroachment) and it wasn't called. That's why its considered a *** call.
True
Old 01-07-2019, 12:51 PM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbobbay View Post
I agree with the NFL conspiracy against smaller market teams advancing deep into the playoffs. There's no money for the NFL when this happens. In cinderella stories like the Mighty Ducks movie, then yes. But most of America doesn't care for the Chargers. Not even in LA.

But I'm not sure if Okung airing out grievances publicly is helping us.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-the-chargers/
If they want to say that and it helps motivate some of them, that's fine. But keep it in house, not public.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:14 PM
Hall of Famer

I think the thing I always go back to is it would be absolutely devastating to the NFL if an ex-referee or NFL executive became disgruntled and blew the whistle that there were closed door meetings about referees making decisions to affect the outcome of games. It would completely undermine the integrity of the league. Nobody is sworn to secrecy. If something is going on it will get leaked one way or the other.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:18 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
Is that seriously the rule? Asking because I don't know for sure.

Let's take this example: A team is facing a 2nd & 10 late in the game, the refs rule that the runner stepped out of bounds after a 2-yard gain, but the replay shows that he did not step out of bounds and was eventually tackled after a 9+ yard gain, just short of the 1st down when it is measured.

If there was no whistle blowing the play dead (ala the Watts roll), it would still be a third and 8 instead of 4th and inches?
That’s the rule like it or not. You can only challenge the spot if it results in a TD or first down. If not, the ball placement stands.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:27 PM
Hall of Famer

The ball spotting is the most questionable to me. Whther on Watt’s goal line catch or Gordon’s run.
Maybe there’s a specific rule on ball spotting inside the 1 yd line we’re not aware about? Any rules/law of the game/officiating experts can explain this?
Old 01-07-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc View Post
I think the thing I always go back to is it would be absolutely devastating to the NFL if an ex-referee or NFL executive became disgruntled and blew the whistle that there were closed door meetings about referees making decisions to affect the outcome of games. It would completely undermine the integrity of the league. Nobody is sworn to secrecy. If something is going on it will get leaked one way or the other.
Lol you think this is candyland? For one thing, you are making more money than you ever will,doing anything else.
You aren't killing thst cash cow. Second- they own the media.
You try and blab..the next thing you know you're flogged in the media for stuff you never did..and quite frankly, they could do much worse things to you. You really think you can challenge a team of lawyers and billions of dollars? The nfl owns America. Pro sports boosts capitalism /economy.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:39 PM
Twitter: @Vrabel56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc View Post
Well the ref who came out and blew the whistle in the NBA was ganked in prison by the mafia lol
Old 01-07-2019, 02:08 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
If they want to say that and it helps motivate some of them, that's fine. But keep it in house, not public.

Go ahead and say it Russell. Puts the NFL on the defensive a bit. Pre-emptive strike. If there's any funny calls in the Pats game it gains traction. Goodell to ref's, "call it clean" we don't need this type of chatter. Ratings are up this year. Golden goose is still laying eggs.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:20 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joinerjefferson View Post
Lol you think this is candyland? For one thing, you are making more money than you ever will,doing anything else.
You aren't killing thst cash cow. Second- they own the media.
You try and blab..the next thing you know you're flogged in the media for stuff you never did..and quite frankly, they could do much worse things to you. You really think you can challenge a team of lawyers and billions of dollars? The nfl owns America. Pro sports boosts capitalism /economy.
Exactly, look at how the NFL suppressed the Ray Rice video. It's like it never even happened. North Korea tortures and kills its citizens and they cannot prevent whistle blowers. NK is like Disneyworld compared to the thugs of the NFL. They could easily prevent perhaps hundreds of people from talking with a snap of their fingers. Heck, they even fired and publicly disgraced a ref in mid season and that guy knew enough to keep his mouth shut.

Clearly, like myself, you must be a believer in Occam's Razor. What makes more sense, officials are human and with that comes errors in perception and judgement or there exists a Machiavellian conspiracy that includes the NFL front office, the officials, some if not all owners, possibly the networks as well that are all conspiring to impact that outcomes of games because they like some teams but not others? Anyone with a brain knows the answer.