Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-10-2018, 07:23 AM
frozendisc's Avatar
frozendisc frozendisc is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cotes-des-neiges, Montreal
Posts: 14,965
Default NFL 2018/19 season

Games started, pre-season ones but still.....

Curious if anyone noticed anything about the impact the new Kick-off rules had in the games. Are teams doing anything different that stood out ?

Also, that new rule about lowering the helmet/targeting/leading with the helmet rule.....anyone see any impact that had on play ?
__________________
1909...the year excellence started.


__________________
GO BOLTS !
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-10-2018, 07:38 AM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose
Posts: 24,073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Games started, pre-season ones but still.....

Curious if anyone noticed anything about the impact the new Kick-off rules had in the games. Are teams doing anything different that stood out ?

Also, that new rule about lowering the helmet/targeting/leading with the helmet rule.....anyone see any impact that had on play ?
The new helmet rule, which will
specifically come down on RBs...

This is exactly why I project 11 personnel to be our winning play.

AL now realizes we cannot pound first.

Put KA, TW, and MW out there with MG.

BTW these WRs block, too.

Use MG on quick swing passes and screens.

Ekeler will shred defenses.

Our running game, our Oline, our entire offense will flourish.
__________________
....................
#putonyourcleats
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-10-2018, 08:03 AM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose
Posts: 24,073
Default

Mayfield looks about ready to be a starter...very impressive.

Dorsey has helped the Browns turn the corner.
__________________
....................
#putonyourcleats
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-10-2018, 08:16 AM
frozendisc's Avatar
frozendisc frozendisc is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cotes-des-neiges, Montreal
Posts: 14,965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
The new helmet rule, which will
specifically come down on RBs...

This is exactly why I project 11 personnel to be our winning play.

AL now realizes we cannot pound first.

Put KA, TW, and MW out there with MG.

BTW these WRs block, too.

Use MG on quick swing passes and screens.

Ekeler will shred defenses.

Our running game, our Oline, our entire offense will flourish.


Maybe, just depends on how the NFL instructed its' referee's to apply the rule. Which is why I asked if anyone saw any evidence in games last night on how the rule would be applied.

Your contribution has been minimal, but noted just the same.
__________________
1909...the year excellence started.


__________________
GO BOLTS !
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-10-2018, 08:18 AM
frozendisc's Avatar
frozendisc frozendisc is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cotes-des-neiges, Montreal
Posts: 14,965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Mayfield looks about ready to be a starter...very impressive.

Dorsey has helped the Browns turn the corner.


I suppose if you give a team enough top of the draft opportunities, they eventually turn the corner......


Unless you are Edmonton.
__________________
1909...the year excellence started.


__________________
GO BOLTS !
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-10-2018, 08:44 AM
ltinabottle ltinabottle is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Murrieta
Posts: 4,551
Default

Seeing tackling with leading helmet called more on the field during the Hall of Fame game.

NFL Network interviewed head of officials Alberto Riverton yesterday morning. Good interview. He mentioned any tackling with the dipping of the head will be flagged. Players have to change how they tackle. This will impact the game moving forward. This could be anywhere on the field blocking etc. If a refs sees it there going to call it.

From the highlights, this kid Mayfield is looking stellar. Nice throw to the back of the end zone to his TE for the td. Can it be one star leaves in Lebron and another steps in with Baker? Will see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Games started, pre-season ones but still.....

Curious if anyone noticed anything about the impact the new Kick-off rules had in the games. Are teams doing anything different that stood out ?

Also, that new rule about lowering the helmet/targeting/leading with the helmet rule.....anyone see any impact that had on play ?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-10-2018, 08:54 AM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose
Posts: 24,073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Maybe, just depends on how the NFL instructed its' referee's to apply the rule. Which is why I asked if anyone saw any evidence in games last night on how the rule would be applied.

Your contribution has been minimal, but noted just the same.
With NFL Game Pass,
Eye have already watched quite a bit of last night's games.

Thusly my comments this morning, vis a vis the new helmet rule, constitute an informed opinion...
(also, tools have been provided for other CMBers to become even more well informed themselves.)

The NFL is evolving towards a pass first league, only accelerated by rules changes.

It is already obvious that taunting will not be allowed, and that it is no longer Hammer Time.
__________________
....................
#putonyourcleats
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-11-2018, 06:38 AM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose
Posts: 24,073
Default

Josh Allen's arm strength is otherworldly.

See Palazzolo.

You have to see the pass on the video to understand.

Don't blink.

Edit: I am rapidly becoming convinced that
Josh Allen should have been
the #1 pick in the 2017 Draft...
And Baker Mayfield already looks fantastic.
__________________
....................
#putonyourcleats

Last edited by woodeye2000; 08-11-2018 at 07:04 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-11-2018, 07:20 AM
ltinabottle ltinabottle is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Murrieta
Posts: 4,551
Default

Yes, this may well be a thread itself in a year or so. This QB class will like Rivers class and the class of 83 be historic and impact the NFL. Still it's early and time will tell how these guys translate.

I agree and supported a Mayfield pick pre-draft if he fell to us. It's early but I think he will have a solid rookie season. Let's see if he can prove me right through an NFL season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Josh Allen's arm strength is otherworldly.

See Palazzolo.

You have to see the pass on the video to understand.

Don't blink.

Edit: I am rapidly becoming convinced that
Josh Allen should have been
the #1 pick in the 2017 Draft...
And Baker Mayfield already looks fantastic.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-11-2018, 07:53 AM
The Moekid's Avatar
The Moekid The Moekid is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 35,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Josh Allen's arm strength is otherworldly.

See Palazzolo.

You have to see the pass on the video to understand.

Don't blink.

Edit: I am rapidly becoming convinced that
Josh Allen should have been
the #1 pick in the 2017 Draft...
And Baker Mayfield already looks fantastic.
Mayfield, Darnold and Lamar all look ready to go.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:22 AM.


© 2017 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.