Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2018, 09:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaBoltster View Post
Props to the defense today, I thought they played very well. Seattle had 11 drives: they scored 2 TDS, 2 field goal attempts, 6 punts and 1 INT (returned for a TD). A net 10 points. Kept Russell Wilson in check, he never really scrambled and did any damage.
They played well.... the last two drives we were wore out... lots of 4th down plays where we couldn't get a stop.... would have liked to have seen the defense step up there

Oh... and stupid penalties (cough derwin cough)
Old 11-04-2018, 09:59 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaniard View Post
They played well.... the last two drives we were wore out... lots of 4th down plays where we couldn't get a stop.... would have liked to have seen the defense step up there

Oh... and stupid penalties (cough derwin cough)
They did we won. Why all the biatching?
Old 11-04-2018, 10:17 PM
Hall of Famer

This was a great performance by our defense. The tackling was excellent. Everyone was swarming to the football. The front was stout and collect sacks and pressures.

I overheard people near me in the crowd at the sports bar, people who are not at all Charger fans, but NFL fans, say how can that be a penalty for roughing the passer.

With repeated missed DPI's against us (who can forget the headlock well before the football arrived), and the phantom DPI's given to SEA, for starters, I can state that this crew had one of the worst days any crew has ever had.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:54 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
This was a great performance by our defense. The tackling was excellent. Everyone was swarming to the football. The front was stout and collect sacks and pressures.

I overheard people near me in the crowd at the sports bar, people who are not at all Charger fans, but NFL fans, say how can that be a penalty for roughing the passer.

With repeated missed DPI's against us (who can forget the headlock well before the football arrived), and the phantom DPI's given to SEA, for starters, I can state that this crew had one of the worst days any crew has ever had.

It was a Hochuli crew. Not Ed but his kid and the apple does not fall far from the tree apparently.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:08 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts-Fan View Post
It was a Hochuli crew. Not Ed but his kid and the apple does not fall far from the tree apparently.
I was wondering when they called his name !!! I thought he was banned from Chargers games. So Ed produced a clone to get us ??!?!?!?!?!?!

I usually don't type this for various reasons, but I'm going to today: The refs sucked yesterday.

Won't you Bag Up to help the Chargers cause ?

Give. Give till it hurts.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:49 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
I was wondering when they called his name !!! I thought he was banned from Chargers games. So Ed produced a clone to get us ??!?!?!?!?!?!

I usually don't type this for various reasons, but I'm going to today: The refs sucked yesterday.
Same thing. I hate blaming the refs. But this game was terribly officiated and very one sided.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:49 AM
I'm No Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterfan View Post
Same thing. I hate blaming the refs. But this game was terribly officiated and very one sided.
I agree, the Hawks has the benefit of more calls and the roughing the passer on the final drive was insulting. He took like one step and it was a clean hit.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:01 AM
Rookie

Seattle's first drive was brutal. They really shoved the ball down our throats with the run... Looked like it was going to be a long day on the ground. But they managed to shore it up and played pretty solid all the way around.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:10 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchrger View Post
They did we won. Why all the biatching?
What part of my post is biaching? It's called a discussion.... you're ok with the boneheaded penalties of James? You're ok with, what was it, three or four 4th down plays that we didn't capitalize on?

If you don't want to discuss anything just be quiet and stay out of it....
Old 11-05-2018, 08:12 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post

Yeah any 50/50 play they are going to throw a flag for roughing the passer.... that's just todays NFL.... unless of course that passer is wearing lightening bolts.... saw Rivers get spunned down to the ground and slammed and no call... pathetic.