Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2018, 12:09 AM
& ramblin' man

will also add that if I'm handicapping the Chargers first round pick, am leaning CB Amani Oruwariye.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...b700ad0a1c0e10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:07 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat4477 View Post
Agree. Wood does a great job on the draft. I hereby nominate Wood to carry on the proud Bolt draft analysis with his future website. Wood, the following domains ARE available:

www.nfldraftclustas.com
www.woodeyeclustas.com
Wood throws darts as well as most.....

Old 11-04-2018, 09:13 AM
Hall of Famer

BYU QB Zach Wilson (true freshman) looks like a possibility much farther down the road than what many here think TT should be looking. I see Rivers playing 5 more years.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:15 PM
Rookie

I am in the Jake Fromm camp as of now in 2020. Have him learn under Rivers for a year or two and let him loose. Go get a DT and an OT in the draft the first 2 rounds. Keep building the two walls of protection for the future. I love the experience Tevi is getting, but I don’t think he’s the answer at RT. Okung is getting up there but a has a 2 more good years in him. Sign Pouncey to a 2-3 year extension as well. Go out and spend some money as well after you release Benjamin, Barksdale and Addae. Free agent wish list is FS Earl Thomas, DT Malcolm Brown, WR John Brown and WR Kevin White. White is a low risk high reward IMO. And he would probably love playin ball with his brother again.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:02 PM
HOFer in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
I am in the Jake Fromm camp as of now in 2020. Have him learn under Rivers for a year or two and let him loose. Go get a DT and an OT in the draft the first 2 rounds. Keep building the two walls of protection for the future. I love the experience Tevi is getting, but I don’t think he’s the answer at RT. Okung is getting up there but a has a 2 more good years in him. Sign Pouncey to a 2-3 year extension as well. Go out and spend some money as well after you release Benjamin, Barksdale and Addae. Free agent wish list is FS Earl Thomas, DT Malcolm Brown, WR John Brown and WR Kevin White. White is a low risk high reward IMO. And he would probably love playin ball with his brother again.
I’ve thought about Kevin to play here w/Kyzir. If healthy a monster talent but rarely healthy. Probably an inexpensive signing w/upside that we can add to our continual walking wounded corps.

Mack Wilson (LB) BAMA, Jalen Jelks (DE) ORE, Gerald Willis III (DT) TheU, Paul Adams (OT) MIZ, Nasir Adderley (FS/CB) UD, Davion Davis (WR/RS) SHSU, Eli Dunne (QB) UNI

“The good thing about science is that it is true whether or not you believe it.” Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Old 11-13-2018, 11:08 PM
& ramblin' man

working mock draft,

1) DT Derrick Brown * more pass rusher than run stopper, productive, can play both one & three tech
1) OT Yodny Cajuste * sleek frame, reliable, technically sound, love his intangibles
1) CB Amani Oruwariye * offers run support, ballhawk/ball skills, productive/passes defensed

2) OT Isaiah Prince * strong and mobile
2) RB Bryce Love * backfield/blocking awareness in pass pro/situations, willing pass protector, good hands as pass catcher
2) QB Jarrett Stidham * quick release, has won big games on big stage, more down 2 earth than some

3) FS Mike Bell * Fresno State placeholder for now as not sold on Lukas Denis and thinkin' Deionte will be off the board before us

4) CB Kendall Sheffield * productive, lean/undersized
5) WIL Germaine Pratt * good range, quick processing skills, converted safety, TE cover ability, sound tackler, production numbers, some MJ to him, good speed/measurables
6) K John Baron * SDSU
7) OT Casey Tucker * powerful, finishes blocks, gets to second level

U) OG Alex Bars * injury concern could knock him into day four
U) P Corey Fatony *
U) NT Olive Sagapolu * some have him as midrounder, albeit the kind of NT that falls out of draft entirely some years
U) TE Josh Oliver * SJSU

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by beachcomber; 11-13-2018 at 11:54 PM..
Old 11-14-2018, 12:02 AM
Rookie

Work in progress mock.

1st DT Christian Wilkins- Good run stopping DT with some pass rush ability. Infectious attitude!

2nd ILB Cameron Smith- With the loss of Perryman an free agency approaching, I feel like they will let him test the market with his injury history. Cameron Smith is a good run stuffing ILB with some coverage ability.

3rd OT Isaiah Prince- There is no question in my mind that Barksdale will be gone saving $5 mil against the cap. Prince is a big body with some athleticism. While Tevi had played well, he needs competition.

4th rd WR Hunter Renfrow- Might be a bit early for Renfrow, but he is a football player. Not the fastest but great route running ability. With Benjamin most likely getting cut as well and saving another $5 mil in cap space and T. Williams probably leaving for free agency, they will need to continue to build their WR core. Allen, Williams, Cantrell, Renfrow and a free agent or 2 looks like a good start

5th- Working
6th- Working
7th- Working
Old Yesterday, 10:54 PM
& ramblin' man

can someone give me a high five ?? dare I say/go out on a limb and proclaim a consensus top five already ??

2 QBs * Jones 'n Herbert ??
3 on the DL * Nick, Ed 'n Quin ??

what are your thoughts on the top ten ??

Jonah anyone ?? anyone else ??

Andraez Williams ??

personally still think B. Love is a top ten talent, and ditto for Stidham, albeit would guess that Ryan F. has the better chance @cracking the top ten as the third QB off the board ??

does Deionte make the grade/crack the top ten ?? ….that's my speculation atm,

ps. the other guy I like early is Josh Allen, albeit not sure he's gonna be top ten, albeit again think it's a fairly safe wager that he's in the green room/top half of the opening salvo.

Last edited by beachcomber; Yesterday at 10:59 PM..