Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2018, 03:32 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by like54ninjas View Post
TyWill is having a very good season. He continues to refine his game each year. He is still ascending half way through year 4. Tyrell has made catches in traffic on a regular basis this season with the exception of the first KC game. I’m sure he’ll continue working on his route tree and becoming a complete WR.
He is going to get a big contract this offseason.
You seein' what I'm seein' ?

KA. MW. How much working capital does TT invest in WR ?

There is only one football to distribute.

HH will be back.

Monetary investments must be made on defenders to keep the gusD intact.

A lot of decisions are coming.

It is holding up woodMock '19 beta.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:43 PM
I be humbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
You seein' what I'm seein' ?

KA. MW. How much working capital does TT invest in WR ?

There is only one football to distribute.

HH will be back.

Monetary investments must be made on defenders to keep the gusD intact.

A lot of decisions are coming.

It is holding up woodMock '19 beta.
If Tyrell does in the 2nd half of the season what he accomplished i the 1st half of the season, and finishes with 1,000+ yards and 10 TDs while leading the league in average, do you think TT can afford to let him go elsewhere? Especially if Mike Williams doesn't match TW's achievements?
Old 11-08-2018, 03:57 PM
Hall of Famer

Midtown, I like Tyrell a lot,
and I would hate to see him go.

Someone is going to see him as a number one receiver.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:54 PM
HOFer in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midtown Bolt View Post
If Tyrell does in the 2nd half of the season what he accomplished i the 1st half of the season, and finishes with 1,000+ yards and 10 TDs while leading the league in average, do you think TT can afford to let him go elsewhere? Especially if Mike Williams doesn't match TW's achievements?

I doubt TyWill will resign. He is going to get a ton of interest as a FA and a huge contract. I don’t see how we resign him without a monster hometown discount.

Mack Wilson (LB) BAMA, Jalen Jelks (DE) ORE, Gerald Willis III (DT) TheU, Paul Adams (OT) MIZ, Nasir Adderley (FS/CB) UD, Davion Davis (WR/RS) SHSU, Eli Dunne (QB) UNI

“The good thing about science is that it is true whether or not you believe it.” Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Old 11-08-2018, 05:25 PM
I be humbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by like54ninjas View Post
I doubt TyWill will resign. He is going to get a ton of interest as a FA and a huge contract. I don’t see how we resign him without a monster hometown discount.
Let's see what he does in the 2nd half and in the post-season. He may make it impossible for the Bolts to let him walk.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:39 PM
Hall of Famer

TW should be resigned because we can always get trade value down the road if MW turns out th be a stud.

Look at the saints, there goal is to outscore everyone. With the new rules offense is where you put your money.

Go for home field advantage. Add a Alvin ***era type of RB and we are set. Load up on affordable CB in the draft.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:40 PM
Madness? This is Chargers

Quote:
Tyrell was a UDFA from a small school who had never learned the nuances of being a successful pro WR in college. One reason is, he dominated his competition in college just with his physical gifts - his rare combo of size and speed. Coming into the NFL, a lesser person may not have worked hard enough to adapt to the NFL. But to me, Tyrell showed he had a great deal of heart and character from the time found a spot on the roster after spending most of his rookie campaign on the PS. I think it was his 2nd reception ever, he took to the house blazing by the entire secondary. When KA went down and he stepped up and became the No. 1 target for Philip, over Benjamin with his big contract and underrated veteran Dontrell Inman, I was really impressed. In that season, which he started just hoping for a roster spot, in KA's absence he had 1100 yards receiving and 7 TDs.

He made some mistakes, yes. And fans berated him, overlooking the fact he was a UDFA who was still learning. In 2017, when KA, made his successful comeback, Tyrell was the 2nd best WR on the team, despite the team having invested a top 10 pick in a WR. KA and Tyrell went on to become one of the top WR duos of 2017. When someone started a thread on this fact this summer, a number of members of this forum ripped on Tyrell repeatedly. I argued passionately that you can't define Tyrell by his mistakes, which were relatively few in comparison to the big time plays he made in 2016-17. I always felt that Tyrell just needed a bit more time to refine his game, and I was confident he would fix those flaws in his game because I saw a young man with a great work effort, high character and confidence in his abilities. This has proven to be true.

I wonder if those who ripped on Tyrell a few months ago will ever own up to it. There were guys saying that Tyrell would never be a major NFL talent because he didn't have "it," like Mike Williams has "it." It doesn't matter though. Tyrell is going to help this team make a deep playoff run.
I'm going to have to disagree with that bolded statement. One of the reasons that people berated TW was because he took a step back after his good 2016 season. The adjustments he made this season (highpointing the ball, running better routes, and not dropping easy passes) is what I wanted to see from him last year. And like I mentioned before, I think having another receiver like MW definitely pushed him to be better. Iron sharpens iron.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unleash the Rivers!!!
Old 11-08-2018, 05:44 PM
Madness? This is Chargers

Quote:
Let's see what he does in the 2nd half and in the post-season. He may make it impossible for the Bolts to let him walk.
You can definitely extend him if you drop Benjamin and some others. He may be the only significant FA signing we have next offseason, but that's fine with me. Throw in the fact that he's willing to get dirty in run blocking for Melvin along with all his improvements, and he'll be a future star trio with KA and MW.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unleash the Rivers!!!

Last edited by Xenos; 11-08-2018 at 05:51 PM..
Old 11-08-2018, 05:56 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
You can definitely extend him if you drop Benjamin and some others. He may be the only significant FA signing we have next offseason, but that's fine with me. Throw in the fact that he's willing to get dirty in run blocking for Melvin along with all his improvements, and he'll be a future star trio with KA and MW.
The defenders tho.
I am sure you have seen the list.

DL: Mebane. Square. Philon. Rochell.
DB: Phillips. Verrett. Trevor. Watkins.
LB: Perryman.

The factors will vary, but I would at least consider keeping each of these players.

On the other hand, we have Artavis, Cantrell, and Geremy, etc.
Tyrell looks much, much improved.
I hope like hell we get it done.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:23 PM
HOFer in Training

Quote:
If he has a stellar rest of the year that will simply put the writing on the wall. Better he does, bigger his FA contract goes. I doubt we will offer anymore than $6-$10 mil range yearly. He looks poised to get offers at $12+ mil if not more on a 4-5 year contract with some serious guaranteed $.

Mack Wilson (LB) BAMA, Jalen Jelks (DE) ORE, Gerald Willis III (DT) TheU, Paul Adams (OT) MIZ, Nasir Adderley (FS/CB) UD, Davion Davis (WR/RS) SHSU, Eli Dunne (QB) UNI

“The good thing about science is that it is true whether or not you believe it.” Neil DeGrasse Tyson