Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Ownership, Management & Coaching
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2017, 06:47 AM
Hall of Famer

Drafting WR Mike Williams as their #1 draft pick (the Chargers were loaded with good WR's) and then drafting an offensive lineman Lamb as their #2 pick was clearly a forward move by the Spanos' post Rivers and Inglewood.

Guess what? So far the Spanos' plan is looking both greedily calculating and a failure thus far. Williams is an unknown and Lamb is out for the season. It couldn't happen to a nicer owner.
Old 08-27-2017, 02:55 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
John Spanos was named President—Football operations for the Chargers in May 2015. He oversees all of the team’s football operations, including player personnel, coaching, player finance and the salary cap, medical, equipment, video, player engagement and security.
http://www.chargers.com/team/staff/roster/john-spanos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-27-2017, 05:10 PM
First member of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caslon View Post
Drafting WR Mike Williams as their #1 draft pick (the Chargers were loaded with good WR's) and then drafting an offensive lineman Lamb as their #2 pick was clearly a forward move by the Spanos' post Rivers and Inglewood.

Guess what? So far the Spanos' plan is looking both greedily calculating and a failure thus far. Williams is an unknown and Lamb is out for the season. It couldn't happen to a nicer owner.
Yea, what a mistake to draft two guys that got injured. How stupid. Can't they see the future and know who will be injured?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:10 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
FIRST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have a list of our Subs, a blind monkey playing pin the tail on the donkey could make our cuts this year.
SECOND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was always of the impression that the coach alone doesn't make the roster decisions.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:57 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
I've been thinking about that, too.

There's going to be a CRAZY rush the day of and after cut downs. Better have your pro scouts watching every single team very closely. Seems almost like a works-program for pro scouts.
Are you guys serious ? I posted this info days and days ago.

I don't know what it takes around here, but I'll tell you what. Once regular season starts, my punishments will increase.

Old 08-29-2017, 12:51 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Are you guys serious ? I posted this info days and days ago.

I don't know what it takes around here, but I'll tell you what. Once regular season starts, my punishments will increase.
YES!!!!

Freak, give them all more of your BITING humor!! That'll show 'em!!!!
Old 09-01-2017, 12:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
Yea, what a mistake to draft two guys that got injured. How stupid. Can't they see the future and know who will be injured?
The Patriots/Steelers/Giants/etc. organizations can do it, why not the Chargers?