Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Ownership, Management & Coaching
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2017, 02:20 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
It'll be loud for the raider game. Just not the way you want.

FIRST WITH MAXIMUM PAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEFENSIVE PLAYERS BEGGING FOR NOISE ON THE FIELD TOO !!!!!!!!!!
Along with the Broncos game. The two NFC East games will have a lot of their fans too. The only games that won't have their teams fans are the Browns and Bills.

SECOND WITH MAXIMUM PAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chargers players never having a homefield advantage !!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2017, 02:20 PM
Hall of Famer

The stadium actually carried the sound extremely well for 27k seats. I got free tickets to the visitor side but there were a few Charger fans in my row and plenty several rows up getting crazy loud on 3rd downs. It was field level though.

If I had to eyeball it, I'd say it was 60 percent Chargers to 40 percent Dolphins fans. Wasn't a true home advantage.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:24 PM
Electric Glide Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by packman76 View Post
But they sold all the season tickets?
A. People found the $100 parking prices too steep.
B. People in LA forgot there was an LA Chargers game going on.
C. People got stuck in traffic.
D. Folks who bought tickets were wealthy philanthropists making donations to the needy.
E. All of the above.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:27 PM
Go Chargers!

Marc Sessler writer @ NFL.com visited 'the Hub' for the Dolphins game and wrote about his experience:

My StubHub adventure - Chargers' home opener unique.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-opener-unique

Go Chargers!
Old 09-18-2017, 02:31 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46um View Post
A. People found the $100 parking prices too steep.
B. People in LA forgot there was an LA Chargers game going on.
C. People got stuck in traffic.
D. Folks who bought tickets were wealthy philanthropists making donations to the needy.
E. All of the above.

We didn't pay a dime for parking. Parked at Harbor gateway and a free bus ride was provided for the fans. It was a 10-15 min bus ride. Bus dropped us off right by the entrance to the stadium. Was super convenient.

Also, traffic was not bad at all. But to be fair we got to Harbor Gateway 1.5 hours before the game kicked off.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:33 PM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46um View Post
A. People found the $100 parking prices too steep. Let em eat cake.
B. People in LA forgot there was an LA Chargers game going on. With the money we are making on LA Major Market tv rights money and visiting fans, you can go, not go, whatever.
C. People got stuck in traffic. It's LA. Right ?
D. Folks who bought tickets were wealthy philanthropists making donations to the needy. BIG money in LA. People have to have a write off at tax time ya know.
E. All of the above.Just the glorious value increase our team rose with the move to LA was enough to pull the trigger. You can only be told to build a new stadium so many times until you believe it. Do you believe it now ?
Thank you, Empire Management

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:41 PM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD SneakKing View Post
We didn't pay a dime for parking. Parked at Harbor gateway and a free bus ride was provided for the fans. It was a 10-15 min bus ride. Bus dropped us off right by the entrance to the stadium. Was super convenient.

Also, traffic was not bad at all. But to be fair we got to Harbor Gateway 1.5 hours before the game kicked off.
DEAR MOJO !!! How am I supposed to roll around naked on the Royal Bed swimming in Roman coins that bear my image with this kind of crap going on !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Vehicle entry ONLY from now on. Buses are banned.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:29 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
I was disgusted with a lot of the Chargers fans there. I suppose when only the rich can go for most seats, this is what we get. I get that we got over 105 decibel levels multiple times yesterday, but it was only AFTER big plays. We could not get our section engaged at all, even for 3rd downs to create a homefield. We even had one older Chargers fan behind us telling us to stop standing and making so much noise. Never ran into this issue in 13 years of season tickets.

That stadium carries sound and is designed to amplify it. As proven with how loud it got after big plays, including when they shot the cannon off as if we won in the end with the missed field goal. I saw an issue with the actual fans not being engaged and making noise when they should. Then you have hoity toity fans telling other Chargers fans to stop getting loud and standing up for big plays. I hope this improves, but if this is the current season ticket holder base then it is what it is.
I'm surprised you are surprised. Many of us predicted this.
Hate to break it to you but it's not going to get better. It was about 60/40 in favor of the Chargers in terms of attendance and this was the Dolphins... Wait until we have to play divisional rivals or even the NFC West. It's going to be a home game for our opponents.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:34 PM
Twitter: @Vrabel56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborglives View Post
I'm surprised you are surprised. Many of us predicted this.
Hate to break it to you but it's not going to get better. It was about 60/40 in favor of the Chargers in terms of attendance and this was the Dolphins... Wait until we have to play divisional rivals or even the NFC West. It's going to be a home game for our opponents.

The issue was not the amount of Chargers fans.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:50 PM
Hall of Famer

56,000--Rams v Redskins
25,000--chargers v Dolphins
Total of 81,000 combined.

84,000--SC v Texas on Saturday night