Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2018, 05:47 PM
Hall of Famer

Default Rod Woodson says Rivers going to Hall of Fame, Eli not

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-diego-...aded-to-Canton
Old 05-12-2018, 05:51 PM
Hall of Famer

A championship ring is what may hold Rivers back from being in. Then again, there are HOF QBs who don't have a ring.
Old 05-12-2018, 07:55 PM

Interesting coming from a HOFer.
Old 05-13-2018, 05:49 AM
Thank you CMB

If PR wants to be a first ballot HoF'er he needs to become an NFL Network analyst like his buddy LT. Or win a SB... He'll get in eventually on his merits.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-13-2018, 08:32 AM

Ha LT didn’t need anything to help him be a first ballot HOF. As for Rivers, other than the two rings Ben and Eli have, he’s been much better. When it comes to the greats, he never in the conversation. So I think he gets in, just not on the first ballot.

One Love, One Team, One Goal, SUPERBOWL!!!
Old 05-13-2018, 08:41 AM
Hall of Famer

NFL MVP and Super Bowl MVP this season will clinch the deal. Suck it haters, you're not invited to the victory party.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:52 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFBoltFan View Post
Or win a SB... He'll get in eventually on his merits.
How do you win the SB? You have to be in one. Something this team has failed to do for Rivers' entire career being in the league. He needs to at least make it to the SB to increase his chances at the HOF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolts4ever21 View Post
As for Rivers, other than the two rings Ben and Eli have, hes been much better. When it comes to the greats, he never in the conversation. So I think he gets in, just not on the first ballot.
I'm sure most people know how Marino doesn't have a ring. There are others. Dan Fouts, Jim Kelly, Warren Moon, Fran Tarkenton, YA Tittle.

4 of the guys mentioned did something notable though. They were able to get their team to a championship game.
Old 05-13-2018, 10:12 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCPB View Post
How do you win the SB? You have to be in one. Something this team has failed to do for Rivers' entire career being in the league. He needs to at least make it to the SB to increase his chances at the HOF.

I'm sure most people know how Marino doesn't have a ring. There are others. Dan Fouts, Jim Kelly, Warren Moon, Fran Tarkenton, YA Tittle.

4 of the guys mentioned did something notable though. They were able to get their team to a championship game.
Um.....Warren Moon and Dan Fouts never played in a Super Bowl. If you are referring to merely a conference championship Philip's been there too.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:12 PM
Hall of Famer

He's got the respect of Mr. Woodson. We had some nice games against him in 94 in particular the AFC championship run though that was before Phillip. Rivers has to be consistent from the get go less brain farts and turn overs and more coming up big in the final quarter. We saw him rise to occasion in some games last season Raiders yet falter in others both Chiefs games, Jaguars.

If he wants to be a first ballot HoF, he's gotta play like one. He will be considered because he's amassed the stats. Woodson had a good point. What's greatness attained in a pass happy league when 4 to 5 thousand yard seasons are the norm? It takes that consistency to be good the rules give offensive players the advantage.
Old 05-13-2018, 02:42 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCPB View Post

Kelly, Tark & Titt lead their teams to multiple title games. Warren Moon was literally blackballed by the NFL for most of his career. As heretical it is to say so here, i'm not certain Fouts belongs....certainly part of his status should be shared by Don Coryell; but i'm stricter than most on who should gain entrance. If it was up to me, i'd start kicking out current members. They'd love me.

If Rivers leads the Chargers to the Super Bowl, he'll probably make it. If Rivers leads the Chargers to another AFC championship game, then the odds are good. If Rivers continues to miss out on the playoffs, he'll probably fall short. Having Norvell Turner & Mike McCoy as his head coach the majority of his career was a huge handicap.