Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Ownership, Management & Coaching
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2018, 06:03 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Bring back Norv...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:05 PM
Madness? This is Chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
Bring back Norv...
Even if you were kidding....No. He sucks as O coordinator because he can't seem to adapt before reverting back to bad habits.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unleash the Rivers!!!
Old 11-28-2018, 06:11 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Cha-gers View Post
Moe's funny, your right, don't give him any ideas.

At 8 - 3 with 5 games to go and hopefully the playoffs I don't want to see a change @ OC .... IMO that's something for the off season, unless the O is a disaster and holding the team back - which it isn't.

I hope he stays thru this yr at least, if he wants to move on that's his choice, or if A.L. wants to move on from him it should be done in the off season .... please don't upset the apple cart heading into the final stretch.

Whiz interviewed for the Titans HC job when we were in the playoffs before, I hope he doesn't do something like that again if at all possible.

Go Chargers!
I will lose it if he pulls that crap again. I know they say it wasn't a distraction, but I find that to be unlikely.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:10 PM
Legend

Has a coordinator ever left their position to coach for another team? I'm not talking about a coordinator getting fired, but taking a promotion mid-season/playoffs? I can't recall that ever happening.

I think the worry should be whether or not Whis' mind is on the task at hand (playing deep into the playoffs, getting to the Super Bowl, etc..) or if it's on the head coach vacancy at Georgia Tech. Not that I'd blame him. It's probably an exciting opportunity.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:12 PM
Legend

If we were to lose Whisenhunt this year, I wouldn't lose sleep over that.

Despite Leinert's comments about the guy, I think he'd probably be a good coach or coordinator for a young and talented QB.

The offensive philosophy is intact, and I doubt Lynn would hire someone who'd have a different approach. Rivers is doing well under the Lynn-Whisenhunt approach on offense.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:20 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by shruggy View Post
Has a coordinator ever left their position to coach for another team? I'm not talking about a coordinator getting fired, but taking a promotion mid-season/playoffs? I can't recall that ever happening.

I think the worry should be whether or not Whis' mind is on the task at hand (playing deep into the playoffs, getting to the Super Bowl, etc..) or if it's on the head coach vacancy at Georgia Tech. Not that I'd blame him. It's probably an exciting opportunity.
Coaches in the playoffs can interview for a head coaching position during a bye week, but they canít officially be offered and accept the position until their teamís season ends.

Otherwise, coaches are under contract until the season ends, so they canít interview for or be offered a job with another franchise until their teamís season ends.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
Coaches in the playoffs can interview for a head coaching position during a bye week, but they canít officially be offered and accept the position until their teamís season ends.

Otherwise, coaches are under contract until the season ends, so they canít interview for or be offered a job with another franchise until their teamís season ends.

this is a college job
Old 11-28-2018, 07:48 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
this is a college job
Doh!!!

OK, gotcha.

Canít recall, but it may have happened where the NFL team playing out the string let the coach out of a contract early.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:03 PM
Hall of Famer

Second coming of Norv? He's about done with his career. Nice job with the Panthers as of late. Didn't he leave Carolina before? Maybe this was his way of making up for his absence the first time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
Bring back Norv...
Old 11-28-2018, 09:02 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
Doh!!!

OK, gotcha.

Canít recall, but it may have happened where the NFL team playing out the string let the coach out of a contract early.
He could agree to take the job now and start after the Charger season ends