Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Ownership, Management & Coaching
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2018, 11:51 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21and500 View Post
Calling my shot now
Todd haley
Youtube, lookup “brotherhood lynn haley”
Could be next year. Haley was the guy who thought he saw Lynn get killed in front of his eyes and rushed to aid & comfort him in Thousand Oaks about a dozen years ago.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-02-2018, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
Could be next year. Haley was the guy who thought he saw Lynn get killed in front of his eyes and rushed to aid & comfort him in Thousand Oaks about a dozen years ago.
I hadn’t relized that TH was with AL until I read it earlier on TPB. Fair to say Haley has got to be a contender.
Old 12-02-2018, 01:11 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Calling my shot now
Todd haley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0I5_1UajoI

very nice, yep, Haley it is if need be.
Old 12-02-2018, 07:19 AM
Hall of Famer

Oh yeah...you can guarantee the relationship if hired between Haley and Lynn will be so different than what it was between Haley and that traitor of a coach in Hue Jackson.

Who goes to coach within the division fresh off being fired? Yes he's gone through some family grief losing his mom a few months ago you figured he take time off because of it..to leave then jump ship immediately to a division rival tells you something about the man. Loved how Mayfield kept his distance and talked some crap about Jackson after the game...he he.
Old 12-02-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Calling my shot now
Todd haley
I like What Hailey has done in his past and could be a great fit if Rivers approves. I think his riff with big Ben was probably more about stay in the pocket or getting rid the ball.

Let's just hope we do well in P.O. or we could be looking for a whole new crew.
Old 12-02-2018, 08:20 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida SD fan View Post
I like What Hailey has done in his past and could be a great fit if Rivers approves.
So, Haley's success as the Charger OC would be contingent on Philip Rivers improving?
Old 12-02-2018, 12:46 PM
Go Chargers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargingBolts View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0I5_1UajoI

very nice, yep, Haley it is if need be.
Thanks for posting the link, I didn't know A.L. was hit by a car, almost died and spent time in intensive care with Todd Haley by his side .... scary situation and touching story.

Would seem like a no brainer 'if' the Chargers and Whis part ways, even hiring him now while available as a OC assistant to Whiz might be worth considering as a backup plan.

Go Chargers!
Old 12-02-2018, 02:50 PM
Madness? This is Chargers

Quote:
Calling my shot now
Todd haley
I mentioned him earlier, but besides having a connection with Lynn, he was also the OC under Whisenhunt in Arizona. He's probably the most pratical choice if Whisenhunt suddenly gets hired and has to leave before the season ends. Now whether he's the best choice is another question altogether. Hopefully we won't have to find out and Whis can just concentrate on winning us a Super Bowl this year.

Unleash the Rivers!!!
Old 12-02-2018, 02:57 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Cha-gers View Post
Thanks for posting the link, I didn't know A.L. was hit by a car, almost died and spent time in intensive care with Todd Haley by his side .... scary situation and touching story.

Would seem like a no brainer 'if' the Chargers and Whis part ways, even hiring him now while available as a OC assistant to Whiz might be worth considering as a backup plan.

Go Chargers!
I like this idea, hire Haley NOW, before someone snatches him up, let him be a special teams coach and Fire Stewart even if he never coached it before it feels like neither has Stewart.
Old 12-02-2018, 03:24 PM
Hall of Famer

Haley's tenure with Whisenhunt helped Kurt Warner come back post Rams as a Hall of Fame quarterback. Coach Haley is also the link to developing Larry Fitzgerald to playing well at his prime. I see Larry and Mike Williams as similar in body build and talent. No doubt I think Haley can push Mike to be an even better wide receiver than he is now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchrger View Post
So, Haley's success as the Charger OC would be contingent on Philip Rivers improving?