Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2017, 11:08 PM
Ahoy Ser Davos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthommes View Post
I also disagree. The Twilight Saga: New Moon was a fantastic piece of literature. Truly life changing. Not sure how anyone could think otherwise.
I actually got a lot of reading done in January, rather than watch the NFL Playoffs. I read more novels this year than any other.

People tell me Stephenie Meyer has improved with her new book The Chemist, but I still remember the effort it took to slog through her treacle.

I recommend "The Nix" a long but quick read.

I mean I guess I could go back to the topic at hand, but it seems other posters didn't figure it out, I was joking... so yeah, um, okay, sparkly vampires.
Old 12-23-2017, 12:12 AM
Ahoy Ser Davos!

Exclamation Friends don't lie, Elle, neither does the Wayback Machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan40 View Post
Wow, maybe the mods have it easier now. I just counted, and there are only 13 active accounts that were started this year.

Surely, I must be mistaken.
Or maybe not. Wow:

A little rough-and-ready chart showing the last eight seasons and how many active users.

Hold on, MATH (number crunching) 343 minus 13 is 330.

So, only 330 accounts from before 2017 have posted in the last six months. And one of them is me, and I've only watched 90 minutes of L.A. Chargers football the entire season!

What a robust sample that reflects the current fan base, right?

And I bet at least half of those are from the O.C.? They couldn't lose, could they?
Old 12-23-2017, 12:33 AM
<< . . . . . . .

Quote:
I actually got a lot of reading done in January, rather than watch the NFL Playoffs. I read more novels this year than any other.

People tell me Stephenie Meyer has improved with her new book The Chemist, but I still remember the effort it took to slog through her treacle.

I recommend "The Nix" a long but quick read.

I mean I guess I could go back to the topic at hand, but it seems other posters didn't figure it out, I was joking... so yeah, um, okay, sparkly vampires.
Hahahahahahaha!

Yeah, other posters couldn't figure out that your thread on the Twilight Saga was just a joke (hehe, c'mon guys, I didn't really mean it); but could they maybe be genuinely uninterested in your lamentations, several months after everyone else has had PLENTY of time to vent, about the fact that the Chargers moved?
Old 12-23-2017, 12:45 AM
Ahoy Ser Davos!

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Hahahahahahaha!

Yeah, other posters couldn't figure out that your thread on the Twilight Saga was just a joke (hehe, c'mon guys, I didn't really mean it); but could they maybe be genuinely uninterested in your lamentations, several months after everyone else has had PLENTY of time to vent, about the fact that the Chargers moved?
I actually didn't notice before that there were only 329 active posters. It bust be damn boring around here. I just checked the Broncos forum, and they have 100 more than that browsing right now. So yeah, I am shouting into the void.

I'm venting because I'm still ticked off. Should I not be still angry after investing 35 years of my life?

Besides, other San Diego fans are still angry, they are just keeping their rants off this MB. They're all on Facebook.
Old 12-23-2017, 01:02 AM
<< . . . . . . .

Quote:
I actually didn't notice before that there were only 329 active posters. It bust be damn boring around here. I just checked the Broncos forum, and they have 100 more than that browsing right now. So yeah, I am shouting into the void.

I'm venting because I'm still ticked off. Should I not be still angry after investing 35 years of my life?

Besides, other San Diego fans are still angry, they are just keeping their rants off this MB. They're all on Facebook.
Yes, yes!!!!!!!

But here's the deal . . . . . the decrease in activity is not just because the bitter fans left. It is also because, after the move, the "powers that be" on here allowed much, much venting by angry fans. But then, even after a suitable "mourning period", accommodated a never ending stream of jealousy/anger/hate/vitriol by the disgruntled, such that these fora had no appearance, whatsoever, of a FAN site. This included moderators, by the way.

So yes, I absolutely get that you are P.O.'ed. But frankly, you missed the boat. The powers-that-be gave you a TON of time to come round here and express your frustration. Way, way, too much in my opinion. So much so that still-fan posters were put off, and new-potential-fan posters were nonexistent. But finally, it's time to focus on the present. And the future.
Old 12-23-2017, 01:24 AM
Ahoy Ser Davos!

I didn't miss the boat. I'm still here. I still have access to this thread, the one I started. So you can go ahead and ignore it. You didn't have to reply.

I can remind the team in my own way of the mistake that they made, and continue to make.

Of the league as a whole colluding to keep a starting-level player off the field because his actions screwed things up for them big time this year.

I was a mod once and I dealt with people coming in and flinging homophobic slurs and death threats of Nate Kaeding after he missed the FG against the Jets.

They all can deal with appropriate and true criticisms from a deeply hurt and passionate fan base that was betrayed and not even included in this transition to Los Angeles.
Old 12-23-2017, 02:52 AM
Hall of Famer

Old 12-23-2017, 03:28 AM
Ahoy Ser Davos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthommes View Post

I'm glad you can sum up your emotions with emoticons. You two can go ahead and take ownership of this forum. I worked hard to pull weeds out of this garden for four years.
Old 12-23-2017, 08:42 AM
Hall of Famer

deleted, wrong thread

Go Chargers...
Old 12-23-2017, 09:25 AM
Ahoy Ser Davos!

You know what... I woke up feeling diplomatic today.

On behalf of all the slighted, emotional fans from January to December in 2017, I apologize for making the CMB a worse place. I'm sure there was namecalling, rule-breaking, and mods working overtime to keep this ship afloat.

And really, the purpose of this thread was to have a discussion.

Face facts though, guys, it is not beating a dead horse to mention the move. It is now a part of the history of the San Diego Chargers... history I know more than the average fan because of the countless hours of personal enjoyment, researching players, coaches, stats, team rivalries. I'm not suddenly going to spontaneously forget everything I know.

I am now disenfranchised and disillusioned as a fan of professional football. Isn't it important to discuss what steps the league can make to bring me back in the fold?

I might be swayed back to the L.A. Chargers sideline if and when ownership decides to apologize to the fans from San Diego County and include us again. Really, re-read all my posts, especially the one from January 2017.

I am truly offended by the #fightforla -- and the team will need commuters from San Diego to fill Kroenke's stadium every Sunday. Otherwise, it is still going to be empty seats and opposing fans.

I'm sorry if this is TL...

DR if you so choose.

History doesn't change, either way.