Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2018, 10:24 AM
Hall of Famer

It's what you perceive it to be. He drove way who knows maybe he thought your car was a bad omen. Maybe it's neither just a sign that the opening day of the NFL season is Chiefs and Chargers. Bring it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartman83642 View Post
Was on my way to work today and thought I saw was a bad omen for this game. Saw a bright red car with the KC arrowhead logo on the drivers side door. Once I thought about it though I realized it turned and headed the other way. Since I driver a Charger I can only guess he was driving away in fear.
Old 09-08-2018, 02:32 PM
Hall of Famer

I've loved my Bolts since 1974. Probably went to over 100 game with my pops at the Q. I can see they are a much better team than we have had to cheer for in a long time. But this off season and leading up the game has been waaay over-hyped. I can't watch anything about the team w/o feeling like I am jinxing them lol. Just experience from seasons past I guess. I wish I could enjoy it but I always expect the worst so I don't allow my self to enjoy it. Weird huh? And sorry about Bosa..that is my fault. I had not bought a jersey in 3 yrs and got a Bosa color rush jersey online, next day he hurt his foot. Now you know why I am afraid ti buy in..lol.
Old 09-08-2018, 04:35 PM
a man with a toaster

^^^
I completely understand this!
Old 09-08-2018, 04:56 PM
Hall of Famer

Ha ha...Joey had injuries that delayed his rookie year. I'm sure that wasn't your fault just as his current injury wasn't your fault either. This is part of the psychology of being a Charger fan. Hard to enjoy being a fan when your constantly thinking something wrong is bound to happen. A self-fulfilling prophecy is what this fandom has become...we've been burned many a time.

We're not a historic franchise that expects greatness like the Lakers and the Patriots. They once upon a time use to be losing franchises. In fact, the Chargers did beat the Boston Patriots long ago.

I think the only time we ultimately can enjoy being a fan is if we win it all. Then all the suffering will be well worth that championship moment. Right now, it's easy to think it's improbable because of the history of losing.

Season is upon us time for the Chargers to prove that they can win based on their physical skills and teamwork not superstition or hoax. Let's go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltFanDan View Post
I've loved my Bolts since 1974. Probably went to over 100 game with my pops at the Q. I can see they are a much better team than we have had to cheer for in a long time. But this off season and leading up the game has been waaay over-hyped. I can't watch anything about the team w/o feeling like I am jinxing them lol. Just experience from seasons past I guess. I wish I could enjoy it but I always expect the worst so I don't allow my self to enjoy it. Weird huh? And sorry about Bosa..that is my fault. I had not bought a jersey in 3 yrs and got a Bosa color rush jersey online, next day he hurt his foot. Now you know why I am afraid ti buy in..lol.