Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2019, 11:05 PM
Hall of Famer

Default Fox channel blacked out on my cable company

To whom it may concern. SD Spectrum subscribers may not be able to watch the Championship game on Fox. KTLA Fox is currently unavailable to me and many San Diego Spectrum subscribers due to a heated issue between Tribune Broadcasting and Spectrum.

Some cities have it worse. CBS wasn't affected for San Diego Spectrum cable subscribers, just the Fox Network. CBS will be airing most playoff games. In other cities, Tribune Corp. just happens to control CBS airings. Bummer for those in those cities with Spectrum as their cable provider.

I checked and Fox channel will only be covering the Championship games. If things don't get worked out and Fox is still not available, I'll have to stream that game off of some site.

The feud between Spectrum cable and Tribune Broadcasting Corp. is heating up. Spectrum KTLA Fox is showing a blank screen with a Spectrum message saying that the Tribune Broadcasing Corp is greedy.

That's worthy of a popcorn eating gif. What will happen next?

P.S. Spectrum has informed its users that we can watch the blacked out Fox games (if need be) on our mobile phones, with an app.

Pfft! Too small a screen. I'll find a way to see it full screen on my pc monitor. Wink wink.

https://deadline.com/2019/01/tribune...ts-1202528240/

Last edited by Caslon; 01-04-2019 at 11:59 PM..
Old 01-05-2019, 06:27 AM
Twitter: @the_raptor

If you think thatís bad news, wait until you find out how bad youíre getting ripped off by paying for cable TV, in comparison to the streaming services that are available...

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...