Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-05-2017, 07:36 AM
yamaha123's Avatar
yamaha123 yamaha123 is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: san deigo
Posts: 560
Lightbulb QB Class of 2004

I think you see all four retire this year, as they should..

I love Philip, but its time.. Please have the dignity to hang it up Phil

Same with the other two.. all three are playing pretty poorly, and only the Steelers have managed to keep a decent team around Ben due mainly to ownership and good coaching..

After being on this board for 11 damn years... time to grow up too.. lol
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-05-2017, 08:23 AM
Mopar Mark's Avatar
Mopar Mark Mopar Mark is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Arvada
Posts: 260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha123 View Post
I think you see all four retire this year, as they should..

I love Philip, but its time.. Please have the dignity to hang it up Phil

Same with the other two.. all three are playing pretty poorly, and only the Steelers have managed to keep a decent team around Ben due mainly to ownership and good coaching..

After being on this board for 11 damn years... time to grow up too.. lol
Too bad Rivers didn't get any of that during his tenure. Neither he or we will know what he could have been truly capable of. He's a better man than I for choosing to stick with a BS franchise for his entire career.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-05-2017, 08:43 AM
yamaha123's Avatar
yamaha123 yamaha123 is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: san deigo
Posts: 560
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Mark View Post
Too bad Rivers didn't get any of that during his tenure. Neither he or we will know what he could have been truly capable of. He's a better man than I for choosing to stick with a BS franchise for his entire career.
He is a better man, but it is to his own detriment that he stuck around..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-05-2017, 08:46 AM
jubei's Avatar
jubei jubei is offline
vagabond ninja
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 3,668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Mark View Post
Too bad Rivers didn't get any of that during his tenure. Neither he or we will know what he could have been truly capable of. He's a better man than I for choosing to stick with a BS franchise for his entire career.
I can name millions of reasons why he stuck with this bs org...plus about 10 of his own.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-05-2017, 09:00 AM
yamaha123's Avatar
yamaha123 yamaha123 is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: san deigo
Posts: 560
Default

Anyone remember the old radio caller "Rocket Scientist/Brain Surgeon" from 1090? used to call into Scott & BR and Hacksaw all the time..

He called it early way back in 06' & 07' that Philip didnt have the "mentality" to be a champion..

At the time I thought, "Who the hell is this idiot to say this", but he was right... Manning/Brady and probably even Ben would have not stood for the garbage ownership & personnel decisions that Spanos has made in the last 15 years.

But Phil, being the good man that he is, kept quiet and honored his contract and TRUSTED the owners to do the right thing...

Lesson learned, never trust ANYONE for help carry out your own aspirations, IF you actually have them..

Being a champion requires a bit of selfishness and arrogance to do so.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-05-2017, 09:00 AM
Mopar Mark's Avatar
Mopar Mark Mopar Mark is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Arvada
Posts: 260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubei View Post
I can name millions of reasons why he stuck with this bs org...plus about 10 of his own.
Can you??? Okay, GO!

I expect no less than literally millions...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-05-2017, 10:09 AM
Chargerfreak's Avatar
Chargerfreak Chargerfreak is offline
Power of 51
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Intersection of Vodka and Tonic
Posts: 33,539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha123 View Post
I think you see all four retire this year, as they should..

I love Philip, but its time.. Please have the dignity to hang it up Phil

Same with the other two.. all three are playing pretty poorly, and only the Steelers have managed to keep a decent team around Ben due mainly to ownership and good coaching..

After being on this board for 11 damn years... time to grow up too.. lol
Last week he had 347 yards 2 TD's and a QBR of 105.9.

Please have the dignity to give it to interception Pick Master Jones ?!?!?!?!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-05-2017, 10:28 AM
Mopar Mark's Avatar
Mopar Mark Mopar Mark is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Arvada
Posts: 260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Last week he had 347 yards 2 TD's and a QBR of 105.9.

Please have the dignity to give it to interception Pick Master Jones ?!?!?!?!
Yep, I don't think he's done. On another team in the right system with better talent around him, he would still be a top 5 quarterback today. Unfortunately he's on a team where he's had little help for the last 7+ years. He's not perfect, never has been. But he's damn good, and a LOT better than a LOT of teams have right now.

The problem isn't Mr. Rivers. And I would be willing to bet that he WON'T "hang it up" after this season. I personally would love to see him go anywhere but Denver, and win a championship before he decides to retire.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-05-2017, 11:49 AM
Skywalker's Avatar
Skywalker Skywalker is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha123 View Post

Same with the other two.. all three are playing pretty poorly, and only the Steelers have managed to keep a decent team around Ben due mainly to ownership and good coaching..

After being on this board for 11 damn years... time to grow up too.. lol
I think the ownership has an unwritten policy of signing players who are first and foremost good citizens and don't have a "history." That could be a reason why they don't always sign the seemingly obvious can't misses.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-05-2017, 01:18 PM
Chargerfreak's Avatar
Chargerfreak Chargerfreak is offline
Power of 51
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Intersection of Vodka and Tonic
Posts: 33,539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Mark View Post
Yep, I don't think he's done. On another team in the right system with better talent around him, he would still be a top 5 quarterback today. Unfortunately he's on a team where he's had little help for the last 7+ years. He's not perfect, never has been. But he's damn good, and a LOT better than a LOT of teams have right now.

The problem isn't Mr. Rivers. And I would be willing to bet that he WON'T "hang it up" after this season. I personally would love to see him go anywhere but Denver, and win a championship before he decides to retire.
That's the key alright.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:42 PM.


© 2018 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.