Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Free Agents/Trade Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2018, 08:02 PM
& ramblin' man

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
The Bolts are more than a single player away.....much more.
(and the beat goes on....)

sure it's hyperbole/guffaw, or call it what you want, and... 'tis easy to say were a long ways off, albeit if one believes that we are indeed that one player (NT) away, then hats off to him.... @least says eye,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger Dodger View Post
You have your beliefs, but i'm stating mine as actual facts from statistics. Viewership and attendance have plummeted due to that. Most fans don't want to be a part of their political message. All they want to do is watch their teams play football. You know, what they get paid to do.

The NFL had also compromised with players to work together during offseason, out of games, to bring social awareness, not use it as a platform during games.

I'm also speaking on a business perspective. Considering Jaylen Watkins is being considered before Reid with the 49ers among other teams speak volume.
don't think you nor anyone else has any "facts" to back up your claimed correlation that is nothing more than conjecture, and.... again speaking for myself, am under the impression that the "war on drugs" was conceived as yet another way to shake down hippies and the brother man after the incidents of the 60s, and again of my opinion is the reason the ratings are down is because the NFL owners are highly representative/reflective of the one percent and obviously are in no mood to have it any other way, as any civil/humane individual is hardly in favor of police beat downs (not to mention a disparate percentage of blacks in privatized prisons) and more specifically a horrendous inequity of wealth and the subsequent criminalization of poverty that persists in this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger Dodger View Post
I can't think of anything significant as the constant kneeling in the NFL that occurred in the NFL.

I'll just agree to disagree. Reid is a fine player. Actually I think he's a really good player. But teams not jumping on him right now does speak volume. Owners know something we don't know. Who knows, maybe it's an underlying injury. But the kneeling every game could also be the big reason why.
would much rather have Reid than Watkins, and if his market value has taken a hit, even a better reason to pay the man.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:08 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber View Post
(and the beat goes on....)

sure it's hyperbole/guffaw, or call it what you want, and... 'tis easy to say were a long ways off, albeit if one believes that we are indeed that one player (NT) away, then hats off to him.... @least says eye,

don't think you nor anyone else has any "facts" to back up your claimed correlation that is nothing more than conjecture, and.... again speaking for myself, am under the impression that the "war on drugs" was conceived as yet another way to shake down hippies and the brother man after the incidents of the 60s, and again of my opinion is the reason the ratings are down is because the NFL owners are highly representative/reflective of the one percent and obviously are in no mood to have it any other way, as any civil/humane individual is hardly in favor of police beat downs (not to mention a disparate percentage of blacks in privatized prisons) and more specifically a horrendous inequity of wealth and the subsequent criminalization of poverty that persists in this country.

would much rather have Reid than Watkins, and if his market value has taken a hit, even a better reason to pay the man
You just instantly switched from the "Down with the MAN" speech, to favoring one DB over the other and analyzing the players value market ?????????

Absolutely Freak Approved. Lord Kroenke and I were just having this conversation outside our being built palace in LA. Crying and sniveling, but they are still tuning in. LOVE it $$$

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-06-2018, 05:32 PM
Legend

Still under 300 posts, so can't start a thread yet, but wanted to break this on the CMB.

Browns trade Kevin Hogan to the Redskins for practically nothing.

Redskins receive: Kevin Hogan + Browns 6th round draft pick (205th overall)

Browns receive: Redskins' 6th round draft pick (188 overall)

Essentially, the Browns traded Kevin Hogan to move up 17 spots in the 6th round.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:42 PM
Mo’ Hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shruggie View Post
Still under 300 posts, so can't start a thread yet, but wanted to break this on the CMB.

Essentially, the Browns traded Kevin Hogan to move up 17 spots in the 6th round.
Trade makes sense on both sides IMO.
4. Brian Peavy, CB
5. Hunter Renfrow, WR
6. Braden Mann, P
7. Kyle Shurmur, QB

Cut: WR Benjamin
FA: LB Barr, K Gostkowski/Gould, S Amos

Old 04-06-2018, 08:25 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shruggie View Post

Annoying...right? But we are getting close...
Old 04-07-2018, 03:36 AM
Power of 51

Eric Reid and Kenny Vaccaro are safeties still available..........

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:42 PM
Boltgang74

TT sign the man....well one of em.
4 Bryce Love RB/Andy Isabella WR
5 Bobby Okereke Lb'er/Terril Hanks Lb'er/Clay Johnston Lb'er
6 Garret Brumfield O line/Damien Prince G
7 Hunter Renfrow WR/Porter Gustin Edge
Old 04-07-2018, 08:24 PM
Hall of Famer

Johnathan Hankins: Run stuffing defensive interior player. Might not fit the scheme and might be one dimensional who knows.

Navorro Bowman: I know he is injury prone but linebacker was maybe our worst position so he could be an upgrade. Again, maybe there is a scheme fit; can't run as well anymore due to all the injuries. But I do know that he played well for the Raiders last year. Wouldn't be someone you could rely on for the whole year but hey why not, he's only 30.

Kony Ealy: Can never have too many pass rushers right? Lost Attaochu, I know McCain is there but he was a no-show the second half of the year. There needs to be a consistent 3rd threat outside of Bosa and Ingram. Why not bring him in and let him compete.

Cody Davis: If we lose Boston, there will need to be some guys brought in to compete. Davis is one of them, played well for the Rams before getting hurt.

Dee Ford: Same reason as Kony Ealy, find that 3rd consistent pass rusher. Had 12 sacks in 2016
Old 04-07-2018, 09:56 PM
& ramblin' man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Eric Reid and Kenny Vaccaro are safeties still available..........
post approved, and.... how do you feel 'bout CK ?? ....dude's been there and done that and arguably a better bet than Geno, no ??
Old 04-08-2018, 02:56 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber View Post
post approved, and.... how do you feel 'bout CK ?? ....dude's been there and done that and arguably a better bet than Geno, no ??
Who is CK ? Nevermind, he's automatically better than Geno.