Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2019, 10:05 PM
Moí Hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
My mock involves 2 big-time free agent pickups. FS Adrian Amos and DT Johnathan Hankins. Together, they cost about $18 million. To save cost, I'd cut Addae and Liuget. That's $13 million savings.

Chargers' cap space is currently at $27 million. Those 4 moves would bring it down to $22 million.

Then I re-sign: Darius Philon, Damian Square, Adrian Phillips, Jaylin Watkins, and Kyle Emmanuel. I tender RFA Trevor Williams with a 2nd round offer and retain ERFA's Isaac Rochelle and Artavis Scott. That leaves $8 million to sign draftees ect.

2019 Draft:

1st: ILB Mack Wilson, Alabama. Both Perryman and Pullard are FA's. Perryman can't stay on the field and will probably cost $9 million to re-sign. Wilson is 6-2, 240 lbs. and is excellent in coverage. 3 down player with speed, size and instincts. Blitzes well, too.

2nd: OT Andre Dillard, Washington State. Okung and Dillard will be our bookends for the next 2 years. If/when Okung moves on, Dillard could move to LT. He has very good feet in pass protection and can be a good run blocker in a ZBS. Gets outside well for screens and gets downfield. Not a mauler but will keep PR upright.

3rd: WR Colin Johnson, Texas. He might be gone by now. If so, I like his teammate (Lil Jordan Pumphrey) as well. TW probably leaves via FA. PR needs weapons. And after KA and MW (don't forget injury history) it gets thin and inexperienced. Johnson is big and strong. Perfect long-term compliment to MW. Will present the same mismatch problems that MW creates. At 6-6, 220 he'll be a redzone target.

4th: Edge Jaylen Jelks, Oregon. Would really like Joe Jackson of Miami better. But I doubt he's there. Jelks will need to add muscle but has the frame to get bigger. Long arms and quick change of direction may allow him to be pretty good in two years... when Ingram's contract expires. Have to have pass rushing depth/prospects.

5th: CB Imam Marshall, USC. Scouts don't seem to like him as much as I do. Don't know if he'll last this long. Need depth at the CB position.

6th: QB Gardner Minchew, Washington State. Unspectacular class of QB's... but a deep class. I like his mustache. I don't like Geno Smith.

7th: ILB Tre Watson, Maryland. Just a solid backup. The LB group is deep. I also like LB Gary Johnson from Texas.
Amos + Hankins is $18M? How much do you have them down for individually? Weíve already talked Amos, I donít think he will be tier 1 money so I like the notion of bringing him in.

Hankins wasnít even on a roster until week 2. Chargers passed on him, then he signed a 1 year $2M deal in Oakland. If he leaves in FA it will be for his 4th team in 4 years. I canít see him going for that much given that he is 1 dimensional, and FWIW PFF has him as the #76 DT this year.

Iím working on another mock and I have us getting DT Shelton, OT James, S Amos and WR White for a $20M cap hit in 2019 (particularly given that most contracts are escalating/back ended).

I like what youíre doing in the mock. Wilson is definitely tempting in the 1st. Getting a solid OT this off-season would be wise, and I like that you addressed CB, LB and QB depth late. I like Minshew as well, and agree Geno is awful. Good work.
4. Brian Peavy, CB
5. Hunter Renfrow, WR
6. Braden Mann, P
7. Kyle Shurmur, QB

Cut: WR Benjamin
FA: LB Barr, K Gostkowski/Gould, S Amos

Old 01-06-2019, 12:26 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AMazing I View Post
Amos + Hankins is $18M? How much do you have them down for individually? Weíve already talked Amos, I donít think he will be tier 1 money so I like the notion of bringing him in.

Hankins wasnít even on a roster until week 2. Chargers passed on him, then he signed a 1 year $2M deal in Oakland. If he leaves in FA it will be for his 4th team in 4 years. I canít see him going for that much given that he is 1 dimensional, and FWIW PFF has him as the #76 DT this year.

Iím working on another mock and I have us getting DT Shelton, OT James, S Amos and WR White for a $20M cap hit in 2019 (particularly given that most contracts are escalating/back ended).

I like what youíre doing in the mock. Wilson is definitely tempting in the 1st. Getting a solid OT this off-season would be wise, and I like that you addressed CB, LB and QB depth late. I like Minshew as well, and agree Geno is awful. Good work.
I'm probably over-estimating for Hankins/Amos (8 mil/10 mil). Hankins is solid against the run and showed he could push the pocket in 2014 for the Giants (7 sacks). The Colts signed him for $9 mil/year, then cut him one year in when their D philosophy changed. Colts cut him late and think most teams had their spending budgets set already. Raiders got him on the cheap. Maybe he'll only get 6-7 mil/year. And I liked Amos from the start. I think he's destined to be top tier. Maybe he only gets $8 mil/year.

I like Shelton but I think he re-signs in NE. Would love if we got him. Kind of a NT in a 3-4. Only has 1.5 sacks in his career. Grady Jarrett, Sheldon Richardson, Ndamukon Suh... there are a lot of good FA DT's. That might push prices down.

Shelton, James, Amos, and White for $20 million would be a steal! If we could swing it, sign me up! I'd rather front load some of the FA signings... Bosa/PR/KA/Ingram contracts are quickly approaching.

Looking forward to your mock. Mine keeps evolving. CMB input is helpful; and I think some of my picks reflect that dialog.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:29 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
I'm probably over-estimating for Hankins/Amos (8 mil/10 mil). Hankins is solid against the run and showed he could push the pocket in 2014 for the Giants (7 sacks). The Colts signed him for $9 mil/year, then cut him one year in when their D philosophy changed. Colts cut him late and think most teams had their spending budgets set already. Raiders got him on the cheap. Maybe he'll only get 6-7 mil/year. And I liked Amos from the start. I think he's destined to be top tier. Maybe he only gets $8 mil/year.

I like Shelton but I think he re-signs in NE. Would love if we got him. Kind of a NT in a 3-4. Only has 1.5 sacks in his career. Grady Jarrett, Sheldon Richardson, Ndamukon Suh... there are a lot of good FA DT's. That might push prices down.

Shelton, James, Amos, and White for $20 million would be a steal! If we could swing it, sign me up! I'd rather front load some of the FA signings... Bosa/PR/KA/Ingram contracts are quickly approaching.

Looking forward to your mock. Mine keeps evolving. CMB input is helpful; and I think some of my picks reflect that dialog.
Don't let Amazing shove you around. Amos is his value pick. That don't mean he is going for value money. The further the Bears go in the playoffs, the higher his money is going. Listen to Freak here.

He is young, ending his Rookie contract. This is exactly where players want their Big Contract. The stage is set for him to enter tier 1 level. You let the Bears go deep in the playoffs, and he's entering tier 1.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:41 AM
Hall of Famer

After being brutally scolded
by the poster known as "Boltnut,"
I shall be back soon
with a new mock, v1,
which will be better than ever.

Clue. PON. EDGE. OL. DB.
Oh, yours is different ?
Tough toenails...
Old 01-06-2019, 03:03 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
After being brutally scolded
by the poster known as "Boltnut,"
I shall be back soon
with a new mock, v1,
which will be better than ever.

Clue. PON. EDGE. OL. DB.
Oh, yours is different ?
Tough toenails...
Love you my wooden-sworded friend. Always respect your opinions. Love your dedication to study. Love bantering with you.

Won't the new mock constitute v.2...?
Old 01-06-2019, 03:05 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Love you my wooden-sworded friend. Always respect your opinions. Love your dedication to study. Love bantering with you.

Won't the new mock constitute v.2...?
It was Beta.
It was removed by order of Boltnut.
Old 01-06-2019, 03:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Right now I only have 22 candidates with a clear round 1 grade...

Go Chargers...
Old 01-06-2019, 03:16 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Don't let Amazing shove you around. Amos is his value pick. That don't mean he is going for value money. The further the Bears go in the playoffs, the higher his money is going. Listen to Freak here.

He is young, ending his Rookie contract. This is exactly where players want their Big Contract. The stage is set for him to enter tier 1 level. You let the Bears go deep in the playoffs, and he's entering tier 1.
My Lord,

I have engaged my foe in battle. What may appear to be pushing may actually be a subtle pull to the center on my part. Please show patience. Focus not on small battles but on the bigger war.

Your Loyal Subject,

Nut
Old 01-06-2019, 03:18 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
It was Beta.
It was removed by order of Boltnut.
Darn, I knew I should have studied Greek...
Old 01-06-2019, 03:54 PM
Hall of Famer

Adrian Amos making money tonight...