Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2018, 12:54 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniaque 5 View Post
Williams? Which one?
Not Ricky!
How many Williams' are on the Chargers? Tyrell, Mike, Trevor, and they used to have a Steve and Andre just 2 seasons ago. Ahhh well, glad it ain't Cadillac or Venus...
Old 08-08-2018, 06:06 PM
First member of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo Fabio View Post
This was a random play for me and some of these plays were just absolutely incredible. Great collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa79H3ty9as
Enjoyed that a lot! Thanks for the link.

I note they still hsaven't found a receiving TE and I still wonder if Gates will be back?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:29 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post

I note they still hsaven't found a receiving TE and I still wonder if Gates will be back?
Virgil Green looked very good at the session I attended. It probably depends on whether any othe TE steps up as well.

Quote:
Virgil Green and Philip Rivers Finding Their Groove
By Ricky Henne Posted Aug 8

A deep completion up the seam, followed by an emphatic scream.

A clutch reception while running over the middle for a first down.

A bullet throw over the middle hauled in on a perfectly run hitch route.

That's just a handful of the plays Virgil Green has made lately in the passing game as he and Philip Rivers are beginning to find their groove. It's also a vital development as the tight end and quarterback look to continue to build their rapport.

"(Our connection) is growing," the quarterback said. "We're working through how I like things, what I'm expecting on certain routes. He's getting a feel for this offense. He was in it similarly with (Mike) McCoy (in Denver). Virgil is going to be just fine. He has played a lot of football and is a good football player. Those kind of things, you'll see more of that and more plays like that."

"I think it's going great," Green added. "Obviously Phil's a very vocal guy, and he lets you know exactly what he wants. We talk a lot at meetings. Training camp is the reason why we put so much work in together, so we can make sure by the time we get to the regular season, we're on point with those (little) things. I think we've done a good job of trying to be consistent."

That's absolutely been the case as the eight-year veteran has proven to be a trusty option for the future Hall of Fame quarterback.

Green was mostly regarded as one of the better blocking tight ends in the game. When the 6-5, 255-pounder signed a three-year deal back in March, he was adamant that he's more than that.

So far, he's backing up his words.

Still, this shouldn't come as a surprise. Green's opportunities had been few and far between in Denver, as he totaled 71 receptions in 100 career games for 807 yards and four touchdowns. However, his role in the passing game expanded the past two seasons as he caught a combined 36 passes for 428 yards and two TDs.

Currently locked in as the number one tight end on the roster, odds are, he'll have more balls thrown his way than ever before. And when he gets those chances, Green knows he'll be in the best position possible thanks to the hard work he's putting in with Rivers during the dog days of camp.

"It's always good to have a quarterback that knows exactly what he wants," Green explained. "Before the coach can even get to you, he's already darting over to you to let you know how he wants things done. Having everyone on the same page like that is awesome...So I feel like it's all coming together for us. Right now, I'm seeing and understanding exactly what it is Phil wants.”

http://www.chargers.com/news/virgil-...g-their-groove

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:33 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post

Awesome!
Also, me too. I was sure they’d sign him with Telesco saying he’s in talks but the fact it hasn’t happened yet has me nervous.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:21 PM
Hall of Famer

bumping this with the gates signing news, if anybody hasn't seen this video from this thread yet its worth a view.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:12 PM
Thanks for everything 85!

That's an awesome video. Thanks for sharing
Old 09-03-2018, 05:33 PM
Hall of Famer

I've watched every play Gates has made since we signed him as a UDFA. They thought he might work out in spite of no college football experience.
Good call.
Great guy, arguably the best TE to ever play.
Nice to see some highlights again.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:59 PM
outback goon

still think Gates best catch was 1 hander vs seahawks for TD
Old 09-03-2018, 08:49 PM
Hall of Famer

Seahawks we're undefeated coming to SD. Dubbed a white lightening Sunday. Gates was as hot as the weather that day. Three touchdowns against the Legion of Boom. What a performance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
Old 09-04-2018, 12:14 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
Totally agree with this! I'll never forget that grab.