Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolted View Post
And we need to score a TD on our first drive of each game!
Wouldn't that be a revelation !
Old 09-05-2018, 04:15 PM
outback goon

I want a win!!!

having said that i know Andy Reid is a hell of a coach and will have his team ready to play.
I wouldnt be completely devastated with a loss. Sad for sure.

What is completely unacceptable: Rivers getting clappy/fidgety hands with 2 secs left on play clock. At least make their def try to guess the snap count.

So Lynn should have them prepared to win. Rivers should play like a veteran. Chargers should put W in the column at games end.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:55 PM
Hall of Famer

lol yes Rivers gets in his head too much sometimes. Listening him talk through pre-snap. He talks about seeing the MIKE reading the defense audible out of the original play back into the play back out....before you know it it's 3...2...1 Rivers stomps his feet claps hard and time runs out.

Quit being a smarty pants and just get the freakin play off! These mistakes frustrate all of us and is a momentum changer in a critical part of the game. Just get the play off please? Keep it simple stupid (KISS) was a saying our soccer coach use to say to don't complicate the game make good decisions and execute. I think Rivers trys to get cute with the mental part before you know it times up! Be smart execute don't be too cute pre-snap. It's that simple.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:40 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caslon View Post
The Special Teams of the Chargers doesn't have to be great. Just not sucky.
Agreed. Avg would be enough. Great would be shocking.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:31 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
lol yes Rivers gets in his head too much sometimes. Listening him talk through pre-snap. He talks about seeing the MIKE reading the defense audible out of the original play back into the play back out....before you know it it's 3...2...1 Rivers stomps his feet claps hard and time runs out.

Quit being a smarty pants and just get the freakin play off! These mistakes frustrate all of us and is a momentum changer in a critical part of the game. Just get the play off please? Keep it simple stupid (KISS) was a saying our soccer coach use to say to don't complicate the game make good decisions and execute. I think Rivers trys to get cute with the mental part before you know it times up! Be smart execute don't be too cute pre-snap. It's that simple.
Did Rivers ever hear of a quick opener? As in, ready, set, HUT!
3. Darnell Savage, S, Maryland
4. Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama St.
5. JoeJuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt
6. Nic Needham, CB, UTEP
7. Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn

Old 09-05-2018, 10:43 PM
All-Pro

I think that Travis Benjamin needs to sit out all punt returns. I want him to play on offense and not on pr or KR as he has cost us yardage with his backward running while thinking he is so fast that he can outrun the entire league. He cannot do that as good angles completely kills that outrun them tactic.

I think of all the games on the schedule, KC is the right one to unleash the JJJ!!

This is J-Cubed!! Just Join the Jubilation !!!

He is small like Sproles. He is fast like TB. He is quick like his number sake - Wes Chandler!! He is the J-cube!!

Get one !! -while supplies last!!
Old 09-06-2018, 11:59 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMamba View Post
How about to fuel the anti-choke vibes, we actually come up with new ways that the Chargers could actually choke this game? I know, that's a difficult task given how many they invented and executed themselves...but they always manage to surprise with something you've never seen before (which is why we should prepare for EVERY situation)!

I'll go first. Chargers go up 14-7 at the half, things are looking good on both sides of the ball...Chiefs mount a comeback as Reid unleashes Mahomes in the 3rd/4th quarters to tie things up at 24-24...Rivers gets the ball with a couple minutes left and drives us down into FG range...only for Sturgis' attempt to get blocked and returned for 3 points and seal the Chiefs' win...
Yawn

Thats already happened before.... come back with something unique. Thanks.

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelph...urn-108127477/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewqxaBNpbrQ
Old 09-06-2018, 03:05 PM
Blame Butts for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1422 View Post
I think that Travis Benjamin needs to sit out all punt returns. I want him to play on offense and not on pr or KR as he has cost us yardage with his backward running while thinking he is so fast that he can outrun the entire league. He cannot do that as good angles completely kills that outrun them tactic.

I think of all the games on the schedule, KC is the right one to unleash the JJJ!!

This is J-Cubed!! Just Join the Jubilation !!!

He is small like Sproles. He is fast like TB. He is quick like his number sake - Wes Chandler!! He is the J-cube!!

Get one !! -while supplies last!!
It would be ideal is JJ can just run with this role
But if he doesn’t, I’d like to see Newsome try too
We know what we have in Benji for the most part

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ASAP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-07-2018, 04:53 AM
Power of 51

Is JJJ doing Punt Returns too ?

Old 09-07-2018, 09:00 AM
Rookie

Smile

Was on my way to work today and thought I saw was a bad omen for this game. Saw a bright red car with the KC arrowhead logo on the drivers side door. Once I thought about it though I realized it turned and headed the other way. Since I driver a Charger I can only guess he was driving away in fear.