Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2018, 06:52 PM
Hall of Famer

As impressive as the iron man streak, is that Rivers may be having his best season as a Charger this year. He's moving better, making better decisions and his accuracy is exceptional. He worked in the off season and it's paying off.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:55 PM
Go Bolts

His 19:3 ratio is amazing, on track for a 38:6 finish which is MVP level
Old 11-04-2018, 08:24 PM
Hall of Famer

I wish him the best this season. It be special if he can lead this team to the playoffs and a run at the Super Bowl. All those hours watching film on 405/ 5 south to and from Scripps Ranch to Hoag Performance Facility is paying off. Super Bowl or bust for 17 and team.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:35 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Default Just read this tweet that made me think of the Iron Man ...

37 year old Watson is giving PR a run for his money!!

Quote:
Saints TE @BenjaminSWatson, father of five, said his touchdown celebration announcing his wife was pregnant again was a doozie: she is pregnant with Twins!!

https://twitter.com/wyche89/status/1...020261377?s=21

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:46 AM
Electric Glide Offense

Jet Sweeps = 1st downs without PR getting touched. Me likey.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:24 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

This sometimes surprises people because of the emotion he shows on the field, but one of the best, friendliest, and most approachable guys in sports is Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers. Ask anyone who has covered him.

https://twitter.com/latimesfarmer/st...019469824?s=21

From an England-based NFL reporter:

Might be the most humble, down to earth and normal NFL player I have covered. At recent fan event I hosted on-stage part with Philip for 15 mins that turned to 20. He then held court with the fans for 15 after event and another 15 outside with fan who couldn’t get into the event.

https://twitter.com/neilreynoldsnfl/...390450688?s=21

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:24 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

This sometimes surprises people because of the emotion he shows on the field, but one of the best, friendliest, and most approachable guys in sports is Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers. Ask anyone who has covered him.

Might be the most humble, down to earth and normal NFL player I have covered. At recent fan event I hosted on-stage part with Philip for 15 mins that turned to 20. He then held court with the fans for 15 after event and another 15 outside with fan who couldn’t get into the event.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:13 AM
Hall of Famer

Yes. Perception of Rivers use to be that he's arrogant on the field.

Now they just know he's a fierce competitor on the field. His real test will be coming soon to answer the naysayers.

I still think his interview after an away win in Denver in 13 with the NFL Network boys was fun to watch. He introduced the bolo tie and the rattle snake boots! Savor Rivers you'll miss him when he's gone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post

Old 11-09-2018, 08:13 AM
Hall of Famer

Philip Rivers is getting a lot of love from the local LA press. Especially SAM Farmer. In addition to those tweets he has a full page article on him in today’s LATimes.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:11 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Default From Sam Farmer's article on PR today

A poster made by Chargers' Philip Rivers as a kid. Courtesy of the Rivers Family (Provided by Rivers family)

Last edited by JoeMcRugby; 11-09-2018 at 09:34 AM..