Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2018, 08:44 PM
Hall of Famer

Default Who will be #6 in AFC?

I was thinking that the Ravens had the best chances to be #6. With 9-7 and 7-5 in AFC, they would be in great shape to. But IND is on a roll with a 5 streak wins. They could be also 9-7 and 7-5 in AFC. The Titans are also in the mix. With an easy ending schedule (NYJ, JAX, NYG,), TEN could be 9-7 again. They have 4 home games in the last 5. On the tie break, BAL has already beat TEN. If BAL does not make it, IND/TEN on 17th week could be THE game for #6 spot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Maniaque 5

Last edited by Maniaque 5; 11-28-2018 at 09:11 PM..
Old 11-28-2018, 09:53 PM
Hall of Famer

I'd say Baltimore or Indy.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:55 PM
Hall of Famer

I’d say that none of the seeds have yet to be determined.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:10 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On Sunday, the Broncos accepted the gift of awful turnovers from the Steelers. With one big win, Case Keenum may have cleared the runway for Denver’s first playoff berth since winning Super Bowl 49.

Week 12’s 24-17 win over Pittsburgh pushed the club up to 5-6 on the season, but victories over the Steelers, Chargers, and Seahawks are proof of how dangerous this team can be. But the most convincing case for a Denver postseason appearance isn’t where they’ve been so far, but where the club’s about to go; the Broncos have one of the league’s easiest schedules over the final five weeks of the season.
Keenum and his teammates will have to face a shoplifter’s row of opponents to finish off their 2018.

Here’s how their December looks:
at Cincinnati Bengals
at San Francisco 49ers
vs. Cleveland Browns
at Oakland Raiders
vs. Los Angeles Chargers

The only winning team remaining on the Denver schedule is the Chargers, who
a) have already lost to the Broncos at home, and
b) may already have sealed their postseason fate before Week 17, leading them to rest Philip Rivers and several other starters.

That makes John Elway’s club an attractive bet to play into January.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/11/29/...seahawks-colts

Anthony Lynn at 4-6 before the 2017 Thanksgiving game in Dallas:
"I am not afraid of the big picture. Coaches preach about a game at a time, and, of course, that is correct. But I want our team to know that everything is in front of them."
Old 11-29-2018, 07:43 AM
Thank you CMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTS OUT View Post
On Sunday, the Broncos accepted the gift of awful turnovers from the Steelers. With one big win, Case Keenum may have cleared the runway for Denver’s first playoff berth since winning Super Bowl 49.

Week 12’s 24-17 win over Pittsburgh pushed the club up to 5-6 on the season, but victories over the Steelers, Chargers, and Seahawks are proof of how dangerous this team can be. But the most convincing case for a Denver postseason appearance isn’t where they’ve been so far, but where the club’s about to go; the Broncos have one of the league’s easiest schedules over the final five weeks of the season.
Keenum and his teammates will have to face a shoplifter’s row of opponents to finish off their 2018.

Here’s how their December looks:
at Cincinnati Bengals
at San Francisco 49ers
vs. Cleveland Browns
at Oakland Raiders
vs. Los Angeles Chargers

The only winning team remaining on the Denver schedule is the Chargers, who
a) have already lost to the Broncos at home, and
b) may already have sealed their postseason fate before Week 17, leading them to rest Philip Rivers and several other starters.

That makes John Elway’s club an attractive bet to play into January.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/11/29/...seahawks-colts
Bolded would never happen, not even with the number 1 seed. I do think the Broncos could win out though... Whatever happens we MUST beat them, all these streaky teams guarantee us nothing.

Old 11-29-2018, 09:02 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFBoltFan View Post
Bolded would never happen, not even with the number 1 seed. I do think the Broncos could win out though... Whatever happens we MUST beat them, all these streaky teams guarantee us nothing.
The Broncos situation is similar to ours last season. Needed to win out in last 5 and went 4-1. They’ve already beaten the Chargers and Steelers in consecutive weeks so they should expect to win out with their schedule.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:01 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
The Broncos situation is similar to ours last season. Needed to win out in last 5 and went 4-1. They’ve already beaten the Chargers and Steelers in consecutive weeks so they should expect to win out with their schedule.
As we found out last year (and to a lesser extent 11 days ago), it's difficult not to have a blip when you are forced to win them all for over a month's time, especially when you are constantly involved in tight games as Denver has experienced most of the season.

In addition to the obvious season ending game, the home game against the resurgent Browns is not going to be a picnic for the Donkos.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:08 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
As we found out last year (and to a lesser extent 11 days ago), it's difficult not to have a blip when you are forced to win them all for over a month's time, especially when you are constantly involved in tight games as Denver has experienced most of the season.

In addition to the obvious season ending game, the home game against the resurgent Browns is not going to be a picnic for the Donkos.
This is a great post Chosen One. Let me know if anyone is bothering you this week. Thank you Chosen One. Love, BHC

Old 11-29-2018, 10:17 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post

yep and it would be 7 straight if they win out including the last 2.

Chargers owe them but its always tough in Mile High. They do have a defense
Old 11-29-2018, 11:00 AM
glutton for punishment...

Denver could even lose a game and still make the playoffs at 9-7.... Based on their schedule... I would say they have a great chance at pulling it off. That being said... I don't really care who gets that slot unless we miraculously pull out the division... we would probably never face them as the other WC. Over the last decade or more I have been so heavily involved with threads related to other teams in competition for a WC slot... I am tired of it. Just want the boys to prove they belong. Most of the pundits don't think PR and Co have what it takes to beat the elite in the AFC... time to put up or shut up.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts