Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-05-2019, 03:13 PM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose
Posts: 27,321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
That "Bad Footsy" guy provides that Ratbird pass rush we crave. 5.5 sacks in his last 6 games takes pressure of the secondary, too.

Beat the Ratbirds by staying balanced on offense. Limit holding calls and false starts and you stay out of 3rd and long situations. Short passes to RB's on the perimeter and TE's short/middle. Occasional deep throws to TB (just not 1st play of the game). Stretch that defense vertically and horizontally and account for Jefferson... hit him before he hits you.

Derwin spies Lamar. Shoot gaps on runs, blitzes on pass plays. CB's tight press coverage on mediocre WR's. Pullard responsible for quick hit middle runs. Addae responsible for TEs.
Say what ?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-05-2019, 08:15 PM
Boltnut's Avatar
Boltnut Boltnut is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: La Mesa
Posts: 5,360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Say what ?
Who would you make Addae responsible for...? Deep WR routes...? Don't blame me, I was looking for FS help last year. It wasn't my idea to put Addae at FS. It is what it is...
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-06-2019, 04:36 AM
Chargerfreak's Avatar
Chargerfreak Chargerfreak is offline
Power of 51
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Intersection of Vodka and Tonic
Posts: 33,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
That "Bad Footsy" guy provides that Ratbird pass rush we crave. 5.5 sacks in his last 6 games takes pressure of the secondary, too.

Beat the Ratbirds by staying balanced on offense. Limit holding calls and false starts and you stay out of 3rd and long situations. Short passes to RB's on the perimeter and TE's short/middle. Occasional deep throws to TB (just not 1st play of the game). Stretch that defense vertically and horizontally and account for Jefferson... hit him before he hits you.

Derwin spies Lamar. Shoot gaps on runs, blitzes on pass plays. CB's tight press coverage on mediocre WR's. Pullard responsible for quick hit middle runs. Addae responsible for TE's.
I have his freakin' jersey for heavens sakes. Love Bosa, when he's not injured.

I don't care what sacks he has. 24 Million dollars a year ???? We could have a Platinum Oline for just an additional 24 million a year.

.....be talkin' about paying 24 million dollars a year now................

Are you TRYING to kill Tom Telesco ????????
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-06-2019, 09:51 PM
Boltnut's Avatar
Boltnut Boltnut is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: La Mesa
Posts: 5,360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
That "Bad Footsy" guy provides that Ratbird pass rush we crave. 5.5 sacks in his last 6 games takes pressure of the secondary, too. 7 total sacks today. Bosa was double teamed most of the day

Beat the Ratbirds by staying balanced on offense. 33 runs 32 passes Limit holding calls 1 and false starts 2 and you stay out of 3rd and long situations. Short passes to RB's on the perimeter 6 and TE's short/middle 5. Occasional deep throws to TB The one thing they didn't do (just not 1st play of the game). Stretch that defense vertically and horizontally and account for Jefferson... hit him before he hits you Somewhat.

Derwin spies Lamar. Check Shoot gaps on runs, blitzes on pass plays. Check CB's tight press coverage on mediocre WR's. Check Pullard responsible for quick hit middle runs. Emmanuel played MIKE today... but check Addae responsible for TE's. Did not notice
Brilliant play-calling today...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-27-2019, 04:50 PM
Boltnut's Avatar
Boltnut Boltnut is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: La Mesa
Posts: 5,360
Default

It would nice to have our own Julian Edelmann. Slot receiver is the one WR type we don't have.

Andy Isabella, anyone...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAVmu1oMMH8

Keenan (route), MDub (multi), TB (deep speed), Cantrell (possession), and Isabella (slot)

Would be very hard to game plan for this group.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-27-2019, 05:10 PM
frozendisc's Avatar
frozendisc frozendisc is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cotes-des-neiges, Montreal
Posts: 16,635
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
It would nice to have our own Julian Edelmann. Slot receiver is the one WR type we don't have.

Andy Isabella, anyone...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAVmu1oMMH8

Keenan (route), MDub (multi), TB (deep speed), Cantrell (possession), and Isabella (slot)

Would be very hard to game plan for this group.
Having a true slot receiver is the trend in the NFL these days, and he certainly fits the bill, what round ?
__________________
1909...the year excellence started.


__________________
GO BOLTS !
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-27-2019, 05:23 PM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose
Posts: 27,321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Having a true slot receiver is the trend in the NFL these days, and he certainly fits the bill, what round ?
Gil Brandt actually put him in round 6 this morning.
I give him a round three grade after Senior Bowl Week.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-27-2019, 05:42 PM
ltinabottle ltinabottle is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Murrieta
Posts: 6,501
Default

Isabella isn't there a Santa in front of his last name that's a town in Cali?

Dude is ultra quick and fits the bill for that Wes Welker/ Edelman mold @ slot receiver. Cat quick on his breaks able to move the sticks when you have to get rid of the ball in a hurry. I like your thinking Boltnut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
It would nice to have our own Julian Edelmann. Slot receiver is the one WR type we don't have.

Andy Isabella, anyone...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAVmu1oMMH8

Keenan (route), MDub (multi), TB (deep speed), Cantrell (possession), and Isabella (slot)

Would be very hard to game plan for this group.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-27-2019, 06:58 PM
Boltnut's Avatar
Boltnut Boltnut is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: La Mesa
Posts: 5,360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Having a true slot receiver is the trend in the NFL these days, and he certainly fits the bill, what round ?
I've got him in the 4th. But Woodeye could be right. He could go late 3rd after his Senior Bowl showing.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-27-2019, 06:58 PM
Boltnut's Avatar
Boltnut Boltnut is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: La Mesa
Posts: 5,360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
Isabella isn't there a Santa in front of his last name that's a town in Cali?

Dude is ultra quick and fits the bill for that Wes Welker/ Edelman mold @ slot receiver. Cat quick on his breaks able to move the sticks when you have to get rid of the ball in a hurry. I like your thinking Boltnut.
LOL. I grew up close to Santa Ysabel.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:05 AM.


© 2018 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.