Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2019, 03:13 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
That "Bad Footsy" guy provides that Ratbird pass rush we crave. 5.5 sacks in his last 6 games takes pressure of the secondary, too.

Beat the Ratbirds by staying balanced on offense. Limit holding calls and false starts and you stay out of 3rd and long situations. Short passes to RB's on the perimeter and TE's short/middle. Occasional deep throws to TB (just not 1st play of the game). Stretch that defense vertically and horizontally and account for Jefferson... hit him before he hits you.

Derwin spies Lamar. Shoot gaps on runs, blitzes on pass plays. CB's tight press coverage on mediocre WR's. Pullard responsible for quick hit middle runs. Addae responsible for TEs.
Say what ?
Old 01-05-2019, 08:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Say what ?
Who would you make Addae responsible for...? Deep WR routes...? Don't blame me, I was looking for FS help last year. It wasn't my idea to put Addae at FS. It is what it is...
Old 01-06-2019, 04:36 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
That "Bad Footsy" guy provides that Ratbird pass rush we crave. 5.5 sacks in his last 6 games takes pressure of the secondary, too.

Beat the Ratbirds by staying balanced on offense. Limit holding calls and false starts and you stay out of 3rd and long situations. Short passes to RB's on the perimeter and TE's short/middle. Occasional deep throws to TB (just not 1st play of the game). Stretch that defense vertically and horizontally and account for Jefferson... hit him before he hits you.

Derwin spies Lamar. Shoot gaps on runs, blitzes on pass plays. CB's tight press coverage on mediocre WR's. Pullard responsible for quick hit middle runs. Addae responsible for TE's.
I have his freakin' jersey for heavens sakes. Love Bosa, when he's not injured.

I don't care what sacks he has. 24 Million dollars a year ???? We could have a Platinum Oline for just an additional 24 million a year.

.....be talkin' about paying 24 million dollars a year now................

Are you TRYING to kill Tom Telesco ????????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:51 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
That "Bad Footsy" guy provides that Ratbird pass rush we crave. 5.5 sacks in his last 6 games takes pressure of the secondary, too. 7 total sacks today. Bosa was double teamed most of the day

Beat the Ratbirds by staying balanced on offense. 33 runs 32 passes Limit holding calls 1 and false starts 2 and you stay out of 3rd and long situations. Short passes to RB's on the perimeter 6 and TE's short/middle 5. Occasional deep throws to TB The one thing they didn't do (just not 1st play of the game). Stretch that defense vertically and horizontally and account for Jefferson... hit him before he hits you Somewhat.

Derwin spies Lamar. Check Shoot gaps on runs, blitzes on pass plays. Check CB's tight press coverage on mediocre WR's. Check Pullard responsible for quick hit middle runs. Emmanuel played MIKE today... but check Addae responsible for TE's. Did not notice
Brilliant play-calling today...
Old 01-27-2019, 04:50 PM
Hall of Famer

It would nice to have our own Julian Edelmann. Slot receiver is the one WR type we don't have.

Andy Isabella, anyone...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAVmu1oMMH8

Keenan (route), MDub (multi), TB (deep speed), Cantrell (possession), and Isabella (slot)

Would be very hard to game plan for this group.
Old 01-27-2019, 05:10 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
It would nice to have our own Julian Edelmann. Slot receiver is the one WR type we don't have.

Keenan (route), MDub (multi), TB (deep speed), Cantrell (possession), and Isabella (slot)

Having a true slot receiver is the trend in the NFL these days, and he certainly fits the bill, what round ?

Old 01-27-2019, 05:23 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Having a true slot receiver is the trend in the NFL these days, and he certainly fits the bill, what round ?
Gil Brandt actually put him in round 6 this morning.
I give him a round three grade after Senior Bowl Week.
Old 01-27-2019, 05:42 PM
Hall of Famer

Isabella isn't there a Santa in front of his last name that's a town in Cali?

Dude is ultra quick and fits the bill for that Wes Welker/ Edelman mold @ slot receiver. Cat quick on his breaks able to move the sticks when you have to get rid of the ball in a hurry. I like your thinking Boltnut.
Quote:

Old 01-27-2019, 06:58 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
I've got him in the 4th. But Woodeye could be right. He could go late 3rd after his Senior Bowl showing.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:58 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
Isabella isn't there a Santa in front of his last name that's a town in Cali?

Dude is ultra quick and fits the bill for that Wes Welker/ Edelman mold @ slot receiver. Cat quick on his breaks able to move the sticks when you have to get rid of the ball in a hurry. I like your thinking Boltnut.
LOL. I grew up close to Santa Ysabel.