Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 09:17 PM
Hall of Famer

I hope that they just dink and dunk all day. The Chargers' strength this year is shutting down those dink and dunk offenses. It is when teams decide to go deep when they get burned
Old 01-09-2019, 09:24 PM
I be humbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryao View Post
It is not a fact. It's your opinion. I disagree with your opinion.

I think the Rams and the Saints have better talent right now. The Chiefs are better too (look at point differential), imo. I think the Patriots and the Chargers are close. Colts match up well strengths against weaknesses. Dallas and the Eagles I give the Chargers a slight edge.

After all of that, I still believe the Charges can compete for the Championship. I do not expect them to win.
The Chargers are more complete and balanced then any of these teams. They are the only team to finish the season in the top 10 in the biggest offensive and defensive measurables.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:29 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
Here's what I think = I don't see a team that is clearly better than the rest of the playoff teams. That makes me think it's possible for any of them to win it. So, why not the Bolts? So far, we've had some good luck, for instance, all these East coast games have had decent weather when we played back there. We've had some breaks going against teams that were missing one or two of their better players. We even had some breaks from the refs a couple of times. All that and this team has been pretty healthy all year.
A friend of mine used to say, you take the skill, I'll take the luck. Everybody pray for luck!
Agree...and we are talented, too...
3. Charles Omenihu, DT, Texas
4. T.J. Edwards, ILB, Wisconsin
5. JoeJuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt
6. Nic Needham, CB, UTEP
7. Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn

Old 01-09-2019, 09:36 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midtown Bolt View Post
The Chargers are more complete and balanced then any of these teams. They are the only team to finish the season in the top 10 in the biggest offensive and defensive measurables.
I get you love the Bolts, but clearly other opinions exist, otherwise the Bolts would be the overwhelming favorite to win the Super Bowl....which they are not.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:38 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
I get you love the Bolts, but clearly other opinions exist, otherwise the Bolts would be the overwhelming favorite to win the Super Bowl....which they are not.
Theyíre not even favored in this game
Old 01-09-2019, 09:40 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Thumbs up NFL Research Tweet

The '16 Patriots, '07 Giants, '05 Steelers, '00 Ravens, '89 & '84 49ers & '72 Dolphins

Only teams in the SB era to win 9+ games outside of their home stadium (incl. playoffs)

They all won the Super Bowl

The 2018 @Chargers have also 9+ games outside of their home stadium

So..

https://twitter.com/nflresearch/stat...881781248?s=21

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:41 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
The '16 Patriots, '07 Giants, '05 Steelers, '00 Ravens, '89 & '84 49ers & '72 Dolphins

Only teams in the SB era to win 9+ games outside of their home stadium (incl. playoffs)

So..

It is a done deal then.......

Old 01-09-2019, 09:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

So..

Would be a more meaningful stat if it didn't include playoff games IMO. 07 giants went into the playoffs at 10-6 and won several on the road in the playoffs. All it means is the team got hot at the right time.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:50 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD SneakKing View Post
Would be a more meaningful stat if it didn't include playoff games IMO. 07 giants went into the playoffs at 9-7 and won several on the road in the playoffs. All it means is the team got hot at the right time.
Yes, it would mean more, but even the 9-7 Giants had a winning record on the road during the 2007 regular season.

Itís also kinda difficult to win 9+ games outside of your home stadium without counting the playoffs. No team has done that, although the Chargers came close at 8-1.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:57 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Yes, it would mean more, but even the 9-7 Giants had a winning record on the road during the 2007 regular season.

Itís also kinda difficult to win 9+ games outside of your home stadium without counting the playoffs. No team has done that, although the Chargers came close at 8-1.
You replied before I could edit. It was actually 10-6. They went 7-1 on the road that year. Yes still impressive to win that many. On the flip side I believe the pats had more road wins that season since they were undefeated that year, yet they lost the super bowl in the end.

My point is simply that to win a superbowl you are going to have to win several road games either way if you're a wildcard team. And ya 9 wins away from home in regular season would be possible with international games but very difficult. Chargers almost pulled that off.

I believe giants had broken a record for most consecutive road wins that year including playoffs at 11 consecutive road wins. Interesting stuff still. That stat would make it seem more advantageous to be a great road team during the season yet end up a wildcard so you're forced to play even more on the road in the playoffs (at least 2 games).

Thanks for posting that. I'm gonna have to analyze those teams on the list. Good food for thought.

Last edited by SD SneakKing; 01-09-2019 at 10:13 PM..
Closed Thread