Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 10:25 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
Rayshawn's interview on the teams podcast was quite interesting. Yes, his emergence has been good. The penny formation was the most active I've seen the defense all season. It was needed to match Jackson athleticism and energy. It felt good out coaching the Ravens.

It's tempting to go all 7...power run offense may be it's kryptonite. Philon and Justin Jones has really stepped up with a sack last week and his youthful power and energy has been awesome to watch.

Staff has Belichick on his toes this week. Brady watching film all night? The man's intense...reason why their a household name for 15 plus years.
Link to this podcast, please. I'm old and need help to find it.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:39 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat4477 View Post
Thanks for posting this, Tee. Rivers needs to avoid throwing into sextuple coverage, like this:

Fortunately, the ball was incomplete and not picked. Need to avoid costly, risky throws...
I don't want PR throwing the ball up for grabs either (only did it once last Sunday), but looking at the situation (3rd & 31) with the intended receiver (MDub?) 7 yards past the 1st down marker, isn't that pretty much equivalent to a punt inside the 20 if the receiver doesn't win the jump ball?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:45 AM
Hall of Famer

To all the non-techie/apple users enjoy!

https://www.chargers.com/audio/podca...paring-for-the
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Lowe View Post
Old 01-10-2019, 10:52 AM
I be humbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolted View Post
You're crazy hating. What credentials gives you the right to say the "roster isn't there yet" besides your own opinion? Nearly every other analyst says we have the most complete team and you say we basically don't.

Every team is missing pieces. There's no perfect team in the playoffs right now. But what we do have in our corner is superb coaching and that makes up for the lack of talent we have in one or two areas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
I am not hating, so stop saying I am. If one searches enough, they could find a willing 'pundit' for virtually any perspective.
You could argue the Bolts' "roster isn't there yet" to match the 1994-95 49ers. But to match up against the 2018-19 Patriots, Chiefs, Rams, Saints, Cowboys, Colts or Eagles, the Bolts' roster IS there.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:53 AM
First member of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
I don't want PR throwing the ball up for grabs either (only did it once last Sunday), but looking at the situation (3rd & 31) with the intended receiver (MDub?) 7 yards past the 1st down marker, isn't that pretty much equivalent to a punt inside the 20 if the receiver doesn't win the jump ball?
You're assuming there would not be a return, actually you could expect a return with five blockers leading the way.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
You must be older than me.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:59 AM
Hall of Famer

Bring it. Frozen was happy Derwin James fell to us. Not every franchise gets that fortunate. It's a quest right to build a championship roster and right when you get there turnover happens due to free agency, unexpected trades and just circumstance/ waived.

We didn't sell the parts like Gruden did that's for sure. We have built and resigned key players so right now as we play the Patriots we're as good as it gets.

Inside DT pass rush....Jones has emerged! Cool. Same with Philon the last two seasons. It's those 4th-7th round picks and UFA's that make a heck of a difference.

Thank you TT for Eckler, Philips, King, Emanuel, Jenkins, Jackson I'm sure there's others. Those finds make up the team's depth and our depth has risen in key situations. We're as good as it gets to go for the Lombardi. Go Bolts!
Old 01-10-2019, 11:04 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
To all the non-techie/apple users enjoy!

https://www.chargers.com/audio/podca...paring-for-the
Thank you, much appreciated.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:07 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
You must be older than me.
74 years old... Attended first Chargers game in 1960. Been a bandwagon fan ever since.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
74 years old... Attended first Chargers game in 1960. Been a bandwagon fan ever since.
I'm 83. Became a fan when they moved to SD. Season tickets all the years I lived there. - Lot of good times.

Closed Thread