Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #571  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:31 AM
topcat4477's Avatar
topcat4477 topcat4477 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central Valley, Calif.
Posts: 12,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Remember the 2007 AFCCG? The Patriots held the ball for the last 8-9 minutes running it down our throat.
Yep, they sure did, Moe. So, we might be looking at a lot of this:

__________________
Bolt Mock 5.0:
1. Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson
2. Khalil Hodge, LB, Buffalo
3. Darnell Savage, S, Maryland
4. Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama St.
5. JoeJuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt
6. Nic Needham, CB, UTEP
7. Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn



  #572  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:32 AM
HeadTrip's Avatar
HeadTrip HeadTrip is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Auburn
Posts: 17,688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
If Emmanuel and Pullard are in the game, does that mean the Patriots have to call a running play ?
What formation is NE in that they are going to be able to abuse those guys in coverage? The only thing I can think of is they get Gronk or White matched up on one of them, but if White's in the game they aren't going to run it down our throats. That leaves Gronk.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #573  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:35 AM
Chargerfreak's Avatar
Chargerfreak Chargerfreak is offline
Power of 51
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Intersection of Vodka and Tonic
Posts: 33,572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Tackle the ball carrier. That's the job. Simple.
If I were opposing you, I would designate Tackles as TE's all up and down my sideline.

You counting on Belichick to have no answer is a fool's goal. Asking our 190lbs DB's to manhandle 340 pound Olineman is just silly. We'll get trucked until we have seen enough and send in the LB's we do have.

Trust me, #51 and Pullard's snaps will increase Sunday. Like it or not. Bradley has evolved past you.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #574  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:42 AM
topcat4477's Avatar
topcat4477 topcat4477 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central Valley, Calif.
Posts: 12,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
If I were opposing you, I would designate Tackles as TE's all up and down my sideline.

You counting on Belichick to have no answer is a fool's goal. Asking our 190lbs DB's to manhandle 340 pound Olineman is just silly. We'll get trucked until we have seen enough and send in the LB's we do have.

Trust me, #51 and Pullard's snaps will increase Sunday. Like it or not. Bradley has evolved past you.
So, it sounds like we'll be using a lot of nickel D vs. the Pats...
__________________
Bolt Mock 5.0:
1. Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson
2. Khalil Hodge, LB, Buffalo
3. Darnell Savage, S, Maryland
4. Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama St.
5. JoeJuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt
6. Nic Needham, CB, UTEP
7. Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn



  #575  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:44 AM
ChargingBolts's Avatar
ChargingBolts ChargingBolts is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Remember the 2007 AFCCG? The Patriots held the ball for the last 8-9 minutes running it down our throat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD SneakKing View Post
Reffing crew for Sunday is one Tom Brady has never lost with.

Time for Chargers to break another streak.
Let's have the Bolts score first and have 8-9 minute drives and dominate field position, please!

Give Brady his 1st loss with that reffing crew (scary stat)
  #576  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:50 AM
The Moekid's Avatar
The Moekid The Moekid is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
If I were opposing you, I would designate Tackles as TE's all up and down my sideline.

You counting on Belichick to have no answer is a fool's goal. Asking our 190lbs DB's to manhandle 340 pound Olineman is just silly. We'll get trucked until we have seen enough and send in the LB's we do have.

Trust me, #51 and Pullard's snaps will increase Sunday. Like it or not. Bradley has evolved past you.

he may be the key
  #577  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:52 AM
The Moekid's Avatar
The Moekid The Moekid is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,412
Default

it still sounds like a lot of people on this board need to bolt the freak up already.


im under siege here. if i showed you what the pats fans did to my office this morning, you'd be horrified. it's war people.
  #578  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:54 AM
The Moekid's Avatar
The Moekid The Moekid is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
If I were opposing you, I would designate Tackles as TE's all up and down my sideline.

You counting on Belichick to have no answer is a fool's goal. Asking our 190lbs DB's to manhandle 340 pound Olineman is just silly. We'll get trucked until we have seen enough and send in the LB's we do have.

Trust me, #51 and Pullard's snaps will increase Sunday. Like it or not. Bradley has evolved past you.

hmmm....you're missing the genius part. why didn't Balt do that? because they couldn't get their freaking hands on the guys. we're not manhandling them. we're evading them.


Belichick's a cheater. His genius is getting practice tape on opponents, bugging their lockers, deflating the footballs and disabling in game communications systems.



you wanna lick his boots? GO AHEAD
  #579  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:57 AM
topcat4477's Avatar
topcat4477 topcat4477 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central Valley, Calif.
Posts: 12,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
it still sounds like a lot of people on this board need to bolt the freak up already.

im under siege here. if i showed you what the pats fans did to my office this morning, you'd be horrified. it's war people.
Wow, Moe...did those Pats fans PAHK their CAHHS around the CAAHH-nuh from your office before they did that?
__________________
Bolt Mock 5.0:
1. Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson
2. Khalil Hodge, LB, Buffalo
3. Darnell Savage, S, Maryland
4. Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama St.
5. JoeJuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt
6. Nic Needham, CB, UTEP
7. Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn



  #580  
Old 01-11-2019, 11:10 AM
ChargingBolts's Avatar
ChargingBolts ChargingBolts is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
hmmm....you're missing the genius part. why didn't Balt do that? because they couldn't get their freaking hands on the guys. we're not manhandling them. we're evading them.


Belichick's a cheater. His genius is getting practice tape on opponents, bugging their lockers, deflating the footballs and disabling in game communications systems.



you wanna lick his boots? GO AHEAD
I see both sides, to me it's not like it is their 11 players vs. our 7 players due to size, it's 11 vs. 11 still ... on the other hand if playing 7 db's was such a sure fire thing why doesn't every team do it?
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:14 PM.


© 2018 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.