Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 12:54 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat4477 View Post
Wow, that jumbo-sized elbow "brace" Gronk is wearing is big enough to carry a boom mike to pick up conversations from wherever they might want to pick them up...just sayin'...
That and heís part Android
Old 01-11-2019, 01:07 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
Excellent breakdown by Andy Benoit of what we need to do to win. FYI, we will not get away with the 7 DBs against the Pats.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/01/10/nf...analysis-upset
This is excellent analysis. Their outside corners are very good, but one of the Williams boys or Benjamin should have a mismatch in the slot all game long and will need to take advantage. I also like Mike Williams outside on their #2 corner. Both Cousins and Rodgers had plenty of opportunities down the field vs the Pats but couldn't connect on them, and it is interesting the Pats play D in a way to force the ball to go to those 1 on 1 matchups. This to me feels like a down the field jump ball game between our offense and the Pats defense. Whoever wins that battle wins the game.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:09 PM
Legend

Per Henne:

Quote:
Hunter Henry and Derek Watt are questionable for Sundayís game.

Coach Lynn said Melvin Gordon finished the week strong. Heís good to go.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:15 PM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
That and heís part Android
Pfffftttt. LIGHTNING SHORT CIRCUITS THAT.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:16 PM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
This is excellent analysis. Their outside corners are very good, but one of the Williams boys or Benjamin should have a mismatch in the slot all game long and will need to take advantage. I also like Mike Williams outside on their #2 corner. Both Cousins and Rodgers had plenty of opportunities down the field vs the Pats but couldn't connect on them, and it is interesting the Pats play D in a way to force the ball to go to those 1 on 1 matchups. This to me feels like a down the field jump ball game between our offense and the Pats defense. Whoever wins that battle wins the game.
I'd run some Gordon and Ekeler in that slot too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:28 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
LT had his day with Brady and Belichick as a Jet. Leading the team to a playoff victory when he was with the team back in 2011 or was it 12? A young Mark Sanchez was at the helm. LT had fire in his eyes and was the verbal leader of the team. He got his revenge. It's all on the NFL Network on LT's football life.

I liken Sunday's game to be similar to Rocky sequels. Rocky goes from meat packing ordinary guy to contender to heavyweight champion. I see the Patriots as being beyond the championships...real satisfied and commercialized. Similar to the Rocky lll where the champs become a bit too content.

The Bolts well we're Clubber Lang saying c'mon fool! We're rising and up and coming...to be the champ you got beat the champ. Revenge can certainly be your motive...for me it's just time to dethrone these guys and end this dynasties run. We play smart football and execute without distractions or implosions...will be fine. Easier said then done. Good luck fellas!
That was in the 2010 postseason (January 2011, LTís first season in NY) when the Jets took down the 14-2 Patsies in Foxborough. Yeah, LT was pretty fired up for that one.

If Iím not mistaken, that was Bradyís last game with an intact ACL as I believe that he shredded it in the 2011 season opener against the Chefs.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shruggy View Post
Per Henne:
Quote:
Hunter Henry and Derek Watt are questionable for Sundayís game.

Coach Lynn said Melvin Gordon finished the week strong. Heís good to go.
I could've sworn I saw a banner on my phone that said there were 3 questionable players for Sunday's game.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:49 PM
Hall of Famer

They should have random drug testing on Edlemen before this game.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:49 PM
Reality professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud View Post
That's all well and good but you shouldn't be shocked when a bunch of Bolt fans don't appreciate your pessimistic craptakes which are wrong before the games. Keep posting them, but know that you're creating your own problems.

Defensive pessimism and negativity is soooo McCoy Era.
I truly hope I am wrong about the Chargers and they beat the Patriots. But history has proven to me over and over again that the Chargers always fold in these games. The Patriots always play their best football in the playoffs.

So if I am right, how many McCoy era fans come out on this board? My guess is plenty.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:52 PM
<< . . . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Good post. Glad I could clarify it. You are welcome.
Wrap it up everybody.

POTD has already been awarded.
Closed Thread