Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #621  
Old 01-11-2019, 03:45 PM
Fouts-Fan's Avatar
Fouts-Fan Fouts-Fan is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tehachapi
Posts: 972
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYboltfan1 View Post
I truly hope I am wrong about the Chargers and they beat the Patriots. But history has proven to me over and over again that the Chargers always fold in these games. The Patriots always play their best football in the playoffs.

So if I am right, how many McCoy era fans come out on this board? My guess is plenty.
Its a good strategy. Every game you trash on the Chargers, say they are going to lose and unless they win the SB you get to say you were right.

Not sure why you dont just stay a Pats fan and stop pretending to be a Chargers fan.
  #622  
Old 01-11-2019, 03:48 PM
The Moekid's Avatar
The Moekid The Moekid is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Decent smack. I give him a 6.

yeah, he's funny. Asked him how much $$ he wanted to put on the game. Not hearing back so far.
  #623  
Old 01-11-2019, 03:53 PM
JoeMcRugby's Avatar
JoeMcRugby JoeMcRugby is offline
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Rossmoor
Posts: 52,247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargingBolts View Post
I'm fine with leaving Watt off of the active 45, what does he play 5 to 6 plays a game and when he is in there the other team knows we are going to run anyway, waste of a roster spot imo.
Watt plays a big role in special teams as well.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #624  
Old 01-11-2019, 03:58 PM
Amped's Avatar
Amped Amped is offline
Nutz and Boltz
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Seattle (The San Diego of Washington ST)
Posts: 868
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYboltfan1 View Post
I truly hope I am wrong about the Chargers and they beat the Patriots. But history has proven to me over and over again that the Chargers always fold in these games. The Patriots always play their best football in the playoffs.
So if I am right, how many McCoy era fans come out on this board? My guess is plenty.
I am a McCoy era fan, I am a Leaf Era fan, I am a Boss Ross era fan. I am a Fouts era fan.

I have seen your pessimistic attitude before and I feel sad for you.


I know deep inside you wish for a chargers win but you are too cowardly to embrace your hope for a chargers Superbowl win. So you come on the CMB and predict doom and gloom for the simple solace of being right.

If the chargers win you get to enjoy the revelry quietly, but if they happen to stumble you can hide your crushed heart behind a false bravado of "I knew they were gonna lose".

I just want to say that it's OK to embrace the fandom and support and cheer for your team. Stand tall and stand proud and have faith your Chargers can overcome the insurmountable odds this time and win it all.

I guarantee you one thing, when they do win it all and you supported them steadfast through it. it will feel much sweeter than the minor solace you get for predicting failure.
  #625  
Old 01-11-2019, 04:23 PM
cthommes's Avatar
cthommes cthommes is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ventura
Posts: 8,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYboltfan1 View Post
I truly hope I am wrong about the Chargers and they beat the Patriots. But history has proven to me over and over again that the Chargers always fold in these games. The Patriots always play their best football in the playoffs.

So if I am right, how many McCoy era fans come out on this board? My guess is plenty.
Yup. Over and over again. Just like most recent history last week, right?

You truly don't hope you're wrong. You want to be right. Your consistent shtick demonstrates it.

Tell you what, how about you and those other "fans" you mention start up another board where you can all commune in your predictions of failure - and rejoice and pat each other on the backs if it happens. I'm sure I speak for a majority of the hopeful fans here that they don't want to hear from you if it does.
__________________
-New guy, no sig.
  #626  
Old 01-11-2019, 04:37 PM
LIGHTS OUT's Avatar
LIGHTS OUT LIGHTS OUT is offline
\_(ツ)_/
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: CANADA
Posts: 2,446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYboltfan1 View Post
I truly hope I am wrong about the Chargers and they beat the Patriots. But history has proven to me over and over again that the Chargers always fold in these games. The Patriots always play their best football in the playoffs.

So if I am right, how many McCoy era fans come out on this board? My guess is plenty.
This is the usual trolling post that is here every week.

Besides the avatar you don't bring much value to our Chargers community. Perhaps you hould have stayed in the McCoy era and left after the move from SD.

I think Reddit is looking for CMB members to leave in advance of the shutdown. You should lead the "charge".

Go Bolts!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Anthony Lynn at 4-6 before the 2017 Thanksgiving game in Dallas:
"I am not afraid of the big picture. Coaches preach about a game at a time, and, of course, that is correct. But I want our team to know that everything is in front of them."
  #627  
Old 01-11-2019, 04:38 PM
ChargingBolts's Avatar
ChargingBolts ChargingBolts is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,759
Default

I hate the "history" argument ... 50% of those players are on other teams now and the other 50% are dead (or retired) for christ's sake! Dumbest argument ... think of it this way ... the L.A. Chargers don't have much of a history ... other than a good history lately!
  #628  
Old 01-11-2019, 04:45 PM
The Moekid's Avatar
The Moekid The Moekid is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
yeah, he's funny. Asked him how much $$ he wanted to put on the game. Not hearing back so far.

He wouldn't put up money but when we win he has to wear a Charger jersey Monday through Friday of next week. If god forbid the unthinkable happens, I have to go to the Patriot bar next weekend and root for them in the AFCCG.
  #629  
Old 01-11-2019, 05:19 PM
glutton4Bolts's Avatar
glutton4Bolts glutton4Bolts is offline
glutton for punishment...
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Lake Arrowhead
Posts: 1,393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargingBolts View Post
I hate the "history" argument ... 50% of those players are on other teams now and the other 50% are dead (or retired) for christ's sake! Dumbest argument ... think of it this way ... the L.A. Chargers don't have much of a history ... other than a good history lately!
I am not at all surprised about this argument being spewed all over the place.... particularly by the so-called "experts"... but until a PR-led Charger Team beats a Brady-led Patriot Team... we are just going to have to eat it. This Bolt Team is loaded with talent and the Patriots have not had their best year. This is a great opportunity to put it to bed like we did against KC.... but beating the Patriots in Fox during the playoffs is going to be tough. Really hoping the boys play their best game.
__________________
Are curses real?... or do they simply manifest on the field when the players believe they actually are?

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #630  
Old 01-11-2019, 06:00 PM
La Costa Boy's Avatar
La Costa Boy La Costa Boy is offline
19 Fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Black Hill
Posts: 1,962
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amped View Post
I am a McCoy era fan, I am a Leaf Era fan, I am a Boss Ross era fan. I am a Fouts era fan.

I have seen your pessimistic attitude before and I feel sad for you.


I know deep inside you wish for a chargers win but you are too cowardly to embrace your hope for a chargers Superbowl win. So you come on the CMB and predict doom and gloom for the simple solace of being right.

If the chargers win you get to enjoy the revelry quietly, but if they happen to stumble you can hide your crushed heart behind a false bravado of "I knew they were gonna lose".

I just want to say that it's OK to embrace the fandom and support and cheer for your team. Stand tall and stand proud and have faith your Chargers can overcome the insurmountable odds this time and win it all.

I guarantee you one thing, when they do win it all and you supported them steadfast through it. it will feel much sweeter than the minor solace you get for predicting failure.



The Fouts era was the Coryell era TBT. Fouts would have been a no name Pac 8 draft pick without him.......
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:22 PM.


© 2018 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.