Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 03:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYboltfan1 View Post
I truly hope I am wrong about the Chargers and they beat the Patriots. But history has proven to me over and over again that the Chargers always fold in these games. The Patriots always play their best football in the playoffs.

So if I am right, how many McCoy era fans come out on this board? My guess is plenty.
Its a good strategy. Every game you trash on the Chargers, say they are going to lose and unless they win the SB you get to say you were right.

Not sure why you dont just stay a Pats fan and stop pretending to be a Chargers fan.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:48 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Decent smack. I give him a 6.

yeah, he's funny. Asked him how much $$ he wanted to put on the game. Not hearing back so far.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:53 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargingBolts View Post
I'm fine with leaving Watt off of the active 45, what does he play 5 to 6 plays a game and when he is in there the other team knows we are going to run anyway, waste of a roster spot imo.
Watt plays a big role in special teams as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:58 PM
Nutz and Boltz

Quote:
I truly hope I am wrong about the Chargers and they beat the Patriots. But history has proven to me over and over again that the Chargers always fold in these games. The Patriots always play their best football in the playoffs.
So if I am right, how many McCoy era fans come out on this board? My guess is plenty.
I am a McCoy era fan, I am a Leaf Era fan, I am a Boss Ross era fan. I am a Fouts era fan.

I have seen your pessimistic attitude before and I feel sad for you.

I know deep inside you wish for a chargers win but you are too cowardly to embrace your hope for a chargers Superbowl win. So you come on the CMB and predict doom and gloom for the simple solace of being right.

If the chargers win you get to enjoy the revelry quietly, but if they happen to stumble you can hide your crushed heart behind a false bravado of "I knew they were gonna lose".

I just want to say that it's OK to embrace the fandom and support and cheer for your team. Stand tall and stand proud and have faith your Chargers can overcome the insurmountable odds this time and win it all.

I guarantee you one thing, when they do win it all and you supported them steadfast through it. it will feel much sweeter than the minor solace you get for predicting failure.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:23 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

Yup. Over and over again. Just like most recent history last week, right?

You truly don't hope you're wrong. You want to be right. Your consistent shtick demonstrates it.

Tell you what, how about you and those other "fans" you mention start up another board where you can all commune in your predictions of failure - and rejoice and pat each other on the backs if it happens. I'm sure I speak for a majority of the hopeful fans here that they don't want to hear from you if it does.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:37 PM
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:

This is the usual trolling post that is here every week.

Besides the avatar you don't bring much value to our Chargers community. Perhaps you hould have stayed in the McCoy era and left after the move from SD.

I think Reddit is looking for CMB members to leave in advance of the shutdown. You should lead the "charge".

Go Bolts!

Anthony Lynn at 4-6 before the 2017 Thanksgiving game in Dallas:
"I am not afraid of the big picture. Coaches preach about a game at a time, and, of course, that is correct. But I want our team to know that everything is in front of them."
Old 01-11-2019, 04:38 PM
Hall of Famer

I hate the "history" argument ... 50% of those players are on other teams now and the other 50% are dead (or retired) for christ's sake! Dumbest argument ... think of it this way ... the L.A. Chargers don't have much of a history ... other than a good history lately!
Old 01-11-2019, 04:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
yeah, he's funny. Asked him how much $$ he wanted to put on the game. Not hearing back so far.

He wouldn't put up money but when we win he has to wear a Charger jersey Monday through Friday of next week. If god forbid the unthinkable happens, I have to go to the Patriot bar next weekend and root for them in the AFCCG.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:19 PM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargingBolts View Post
I hate the "history" argument ... 50% of those players are on other teams now and the other 50% are dead (or retired) for christ's sake! Dumbest argument ... think of it this way ... the L.A. Chargers don't have much of a history ... other than a good history lately!
I am not at all surprised about this argument being spewed all over the place.... particularly by the so-called "experts"... but until a PR-led Charger Team beats a Brady-led Patriot Team... we are just going to have to eat it. This Bolt Team is loaded with talent and the Patriots have not had their best year. This is a great opportunity to put it to bed like we did against KC.... but beating the Patriots in Fox during the playoffs is going to be tough. Really hoping the boys play their best game.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
Old 01-11-2019, 06:00 PM
19 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amped View Post
I am a McCoy era fan, I am a Leaf Era fan, I am a Boss Ross era fan. I am a Fouts era fan.

I have seen your pessimistic attitude before and I feel sad for you.

I know deep inside you wish for a chargers win but you are too cowardly to embrace your hope for a chargers Superbowl win. So you come on the CMB and predict doom and gloom for the simple solace of being right.

If the chargers win you get to enjoy the revelry quietly, but if they happen to stumble you can hide your crushed heart behind a false bravado of "I knew they were gonna lose".

I just want to say that it's OK to embrace the fandom and support and cheer for your team. Stand tall and stand proud and have faith your Chargers can overcome the insurmountable odds this time and win it all.

I guarantee you one thing, when they do win it all and you supported them steadfast through it. it will feel much sweeter than the minor solace you get for predicting failure.

The Fouts era was the Coryell era TBT. Fouts would have been a no name Pac 8 draft pick without him.......
Closed Thread