Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #641  
Old 01-12-2019, 06:24 AM
La Costa Boy's Avatar
La Costa Boy La Costa Boy is offline
19 Fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Black Hill
Posts: 1,960
Default

My neighbors are Pats fans.....my neighbors at the house before this one were.......Pats fans. JUST ONCE, I want to look at them and have them look at me knowing THEY LOST TO MY TEAM.


GO BOLTS and exorcise my demons.....
  #642  
Old 01-12-2019, 06:25 AM
La Costa Boy's Avatar
La Costa Boy La Costa Boy is offline
19 Fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Black Hill
Posts: 1,960
Default

Yes......it is PERSONAL........
  #643  
Old 01-12-2019, 07:16 AM
perryao's Avatar
perryao perryao is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Spring Valley
Posts: 20,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Good post. Glad I could clarify it. You are welcome.
Even if tongue in cheek, the "humor" in your "clarification" is inappropriate, imo. There are some blows you threw that if this were a boxing match you'd be disqualified, imo. You're better than that...imo.
__________________
"There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued." Thomas Huxley

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
  #644  
Old 01-12-2019, 07:19 AM
perryao's Avatar
perryao perryao is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Spring Valley
Posts: 20,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
I'm glad no one takes these place seriously.
Yes. But even if you give him the benefit of the doubt, some of those comments were brutal. I don't like it.

Back to our regularly scheduled thread topic...

Plaster those Patriots!
__________________
"There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued." Thomas Huxley

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
  #645  
Old 01-12-2019, 07:23 AM
perryao's Avatar
perryao perryao is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Spring Valley
Posts: 20,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
The problem with your thoughts is that they donít evolve. You say the same thing every year. They are x number of years away. You had em at 5 wins last year and said they weee years away. Truth is, they were a field goal kicker away and would have been a dangerous playoff team if the tie breaks didnít doom them and a team they smoked 55-24 got in instead with the same record.

I think you look at the Chargers in a vacuum. Their roster isnít perfect and you wo t say they are there until it is. No roster is. Everybody has holes. Who can devise a plan to the strength of their players, execute and have some luck. Thatís the difference now
Great post.
__________________
"There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued." Thomas Huxley

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
  #646  
Old 01-12-2019, 07:26 AM
spaniard's Avatar
spaniard spaniard is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amped View Post
I am a McCoy era fan, I am a Leaf Era fan, I am a Boss Ross era fan. I am a Fouts era fan.

I have seen your pessimistic attitude before and I feel sad for you.


I know deep inside you wish for a chargers win but you are too cowardly to embrace your hope for a chargers Superbowl win. So you come on the CMB and predict doom and gloom for the simple solace of being right.

If the chargers win you get to enjoy the revelry quietly, but if they happen to stumble you can hide your crushed heart behind a false bravado of "I knew they were gonna lose".

I just want to say that it's OK to embrace the fandom and support and cheer for your team. Stand tall and stand proud and have faith your Chargers can overcome the insurmountable odds this time and win it all.

I guarantee you one thing, when they do win it all and you supported them steadfast through it. it will feel much sweeter than the minor solace you get for predicting failure.
Wow.... for all the POTD awards that get sent out... THIS post... should be POST OF THE YEAR.

You're absolutely right, why not enjoy this 100%? I know the Chargers have broken our hearts so many times, but this year, man.... it's different. And even if it's not, it feels so much better just ignoring the possibility of losing, or better said, it feels so much better just letting them play and you enjoying it and enjoying the ride.

This year for me, I have just sat back and I have enjoyed it all and I will continue to do so. NY should do the same and like you said, stop expecting them to lose and expect them and will them to make that play!

Thank you sir...

and as always....

BOLT UP AND BAG UP!!!!
__________________
Firm believer in the BHC!

The star on my bag signifies a World Championship... it's coming boys! It's coming!
  #647  
Old 01-12-2019, 07:31 AM
perryao's Avatar
perryao perryao is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Spring Valley
Posts: 20,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Not true, and I have said many times the depth and talent have improved, but you choose to ignore that.

You are correct, the Bolts could win it all, as they are in fact one of the final 8. That said, I do not expect them to, and most football experts/pundits seem to agree, as they are not favored. As I have said earlier, stay healthy, get some luck, and they could exceed expectations.
Wow. A civil discussion here on the CMB...except for maybe the "but you choose to ignore that" poke. Well done gents...and I say that as a poster, not a moderator. Dang, I'm going to miss this board.
__________________
"There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued." Thomas Huxley

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
  #648  
Old 01-12-2019, 07:32 AM
topcat4477's Avatar
topcat4477 topcat4477 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central Valley, Calif.
Posts: 12,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubei View Post
another thing very few people are talking about that go for the Bolts...

---snapped a forever losing streak against the chefs
---snapped an even longer streak against the seahags
---win an almost IMPROBABLE game against the squealers

ALL done this year.
Good point, Jub. So, therefore, we HAVE won big games against very good and/or elite teams...
__________________
Bolt Mock 5.0:
1. Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson
2. Khalil Hodge, LB, Buffalo
3. Darnell Savage, S, Maryland
4. Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama St.
5. JoeJuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt
6. Nic Needham, CB, UTEP
7. Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn



  #649  
Old 01-12-2019, 07:38 AM
perryao's Avatar
perryao perryao is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Spring Valley
Posts: 20,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat4477 View Post
Good point, Jub. So, therefore, we HAVE won big games against very good and/or elite teams...
The Chargers are tight game hardened and confidant. They believe in themselves and for good reason. Yes the Patriots have some impressive streaks but all streaks come to an end. All.

Why not this week? Any team, any place.
__________________
"There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued." Thomas Huxley

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
  #650  
Old 01-12-2019, 08:36 AM
The Moekid's Avatar
The Moekid The Moekid is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryao View Post
The Chargers are tight game hardened and confidant. They believe in themselves and for good reason. Yes the Patriots have some impressive streaks but all streaks come to an end. All.

Why not this week? Any team, any place.
I like our team. I like what I hear out of the locker room from our guys. I think they like each other, enjoy being together and play for each other. I think we have superstars who have great work ethic. We have role players who embrace their role. I think weíre mentally tough now. I hope they put it all on display tomorrow and all those things add up to a V.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:26 PM.


© 2018 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.