Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 08:56 PM

Let get it, we all can't wait to get that trip to KC next week. We all knew that a trip to a Super Bowl would include the Patriots. Bolt the funk Up!!!

One Love, One Team, One Goal, SUPERBOWL!!!
Old 01-12-2019, 09:26 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
Your consistent with your doom and gloom.

At least this is for NE.

So, we'll agree this time.
Doom and gloom? I was giving the board a perspective of what the other side is thinking. You really need to give it a rest.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:43 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLegs View Post
Doom and gloom? I was giving the board a perspective of what the other side is thinking. You really need to give it a rest.
Hahaha! Your bleak outlook sucks across multiple venues. For what itís worth, youíre one of my least favorite Debbie downers from the sdut.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:43 PM
Hall of Famer

The Patriots just don't scare me. If you get down to the Ravens you're scared you can't come back against that defense. If you get down against the Chiefs you're scared you can't catch up with their high-powered offense.

The Patriots aren't built to blow you out or keep you off the scoreboard.

Poor execution, mental mistakes & turnovers is how you will lose to the Patriots.

The Chargers have proved that home field advantage doesn't matter.

Interesting stat - All 5 Patriot losses this season were to non-playoff teams. Only 4 of their 11 wins came against playoff teams.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:48 PM
vagabond ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc View Post
Interesting stat - All 5 Patriot losses this season were to non-playoff teams. Only 4 of their 11 wins came against playoff teams.
Their division is TERRIBLE and hence why they can make it into the POs even though they're only so so. They're in for a RUDE awakening tomorrow!
Old 01-12-2019, 10:30 PM
outback goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
It is highly unlikely I would say 'we lack depth to be a contender', as that simply is not my belief. I think every team is a contender every game.....you know the 'on any Sunday' cliche. I would suspect you are twisting a much more likely statement from me 'they lack the depth to win a Super Bowl' into something that fits for you. Clearly the Bolts have exceeded expectations, and might continue to do so, even to the point of winning a Championship, but few are expecting them to.

I have question for you, and anyone else that might want to answer.

If the Bolts win the SB this year, is the dynasty on (meaning make it back to the SB), or do they regress next year ?
There is real chance to win this year, next year and 2020.

Remember both Whiz and Gus have tried and failed HC positions and they can share this knowledge with the young guns ie. dont chase the money, get the fame and money will chase you.

3 in a row is FAME.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:19 PM
Hall of Famer

Some gaffes have already happened this season that surely won't be repeated, I hope.

Benjamin, no doubt, has learned from and improved upon his return duties after his return fail (he won't pull that crap again). Addae won't try to make an interception even better. Okung, hopefully, won't hold when the play has progressed nicely 7 yards to the left of him ("keep your head on a swivel, big guy"). Chargers got some gaffes outta the way.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:32 AM
Hall of Famer

We're in the final 6 and I think everyone would agree that we are better than the Colts and Cowboys. I'm still nervous for this game, it seems a lot of us are getting confident for the win but if it were regular season and the Pats beat us at their house I don't think anyone would be surprised.

Curious if had we beat Jax last year and were in the playoffs last year how far we could have gone?

One thing I am surprised about is the NFL already made K.C. the late game next Sunday, what if the Eagles win and the Rams host, surprised they would have the L.A. Rams game as the early game if that happened.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:57 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargingBolts View Post
We're in the final 6 and I think everyone would agree that we are better than the Colts and Cowboys. I'm still nervous for this game, it seems a lot of us are getting confident for the win but if it were regular season and the Pats beat us at their house I don't think anyone would be surprised.

Curious if had we beat Jax last year and were in the playoffs last year how far we could have gone?

One thing I am surprised about is the NFL already made K.C. the late game next Sunday, what if the Eagles win and the Rams host, surprised they would have the L.A. Rams game as the early game if that happened.

I hear ya man. On paper I think we match up well with the Pats. And this does feel like a different year with how well the team plays on the road and how they never give up. But due to so many years of of disappointment, it's difficult to get over the pessimistic tendencies, especially when facing the pats at their house in the the playoffs.

I'm nervous like you are. I admit it. I want this win so badly for Rivers, gates and the other guys and for all of the true diehard Charger fans that have been repeatedly disappointed over the years. It's been a long and rough road. But it will be so much sweeter when we finally arrive at the destination.

It's just difficult not to expect the worst based on history. It sucks. I'm still hoping for best even if the cards are stacked against us as always. I want to see this team's full potential unleashed for 60 mins tomorrow.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:45 AM
<< . . . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderblueboy View Post
The only clear reasons I hear from pundits for the Pats winning are:

1. Its in New England
2. tom brady plays better in big games than Phillip Rivers
3. It will be cold and the Chargers come from Los Angeles
4. Melvin Gordon is dinged (& the Chargers won't take full advantage of the
Patriots weak run defense)

then there is the hopeful,

1. New England Offensive line traditionally handles good pass rushes
2. Chargers give up a lot of yards to running backs in the passing game
3. New England d-backfield is a strength; therefore, they might shut down the Charger receivers.
That there # 2 is the big one.

Here is a stone-cold lock guarantee: If Rivers outplays Brady, we win. No question.
Closed Thread