Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: ARE WE PLAYING FOR NOW ?
Yes. Our time is at hand !! 19 54.29%
No. Boring business as usual. 9 25.71%
Freak is our Emperor Overlord. 2 5.71%
Villagers love Gruel. 5 14.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-18-2019, 09:02 AM
frozendisc's Avatar
frozendisc frozendisc is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cotes-des-neiges, Montreal
Posts: 16,650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
You forgot FAís. Solid roster, add a couple of impactful FAís and have a decent draft.

I am pretty cautious about FA's.....I would look each and every year, but the contract has to fit the plan, and that seems to be a challenge. Signing expensive FA's, and having them not work out is a bigger mistake than blowing the draft, or so I believe.
__________________
1909...the year excellence started.


__________________
GO BOLTS !
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-18-2019, 09:05 AM
frozendisc's Avatar
frozendisc frozendisc is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cotes-des-neiges, Montreal
Posts: 16,650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
That day is coming no matter what !!!!

Rivers getting old is the first reason you are playing for now. Now lets look at your "lot of weight".

We are talented in youth. Lots of rookie contracts. Those chickens are going to come home to roost. When the rookie contracts are up, that's when players get their big payday contracts. Because of drafting well, those are coming virtually all at once !!!! The day will come.

Bosa, James, King, Ekeler, Jones, Jackson, Newsome, Tevi, Feeney, Lamp, etc etc etc.

Can you imagine the contract money Bosa, James, and King will get ????? That's just 3. Heck Phillips made ST all-pro, he's gonna want paid. Davis made starting CB this year. He's gonna want paid.

Do you think we can afford them all ?? THAT my friends is why teams get to the "playing for now" zone.

I'm not ignoring frozen calling me stupid, I am merely thinking past him.
What.


Bosa and James are the only two big contracts on your list of players, and they will come up in different years. The rest of the players on your list are complimentary players, needed certainly, but at the right cost or move on.
__________________
1909...the year excellence started.


__________________
GO BOLTS !
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-18-2019, 09:08 AM
The Moekid's Avatar
The Moekid The Moekid is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
I am pretty cautious about FA's.....I would look each and every year, but the contract has to fit the plan, and that seems to be a challenge. Signing expensive FA's, and having them not work out is a bigger mistake than blowing the draft, or so I believe.
We donít sign top of the market FAís. We sign guys like Mebane and Pouncey and Hayward.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-18-2019, 09:09 AM
frozendisc's Avatar
frozendisc frozendisc is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cotes-des-neiges, Montreal
Posts: 16,650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
That day is coming no matter what !!!!

Rivers getting old is the first reason you are playing for now. Now lets look at your "lot of weight".

We are talented in youth. Lots of rookie contracts. Those chickens are going to come home to roost. When the rookie contracts are up, that's when players get their big payday contracts. Because of drafting well, those are coming virtually all at once !!!! The day will come.

Bosa, James, King, Ekeler, Jones, Jackson, Newsome, Tevi, Feeney, Lamp, etc etc etc.

Can you imagine the contract money Bosa, James, and King will get ????? That's just 3. Heck Phillips made ST all-pro, he's gonna want paid. Davis made starting CB this year. He's gonna want paid.

Do you think we can afford them all ?? THAT my friends is why teams get to the "playing for now" zone.

I'm not ignoring frozen calling me stupid, I am merely thinking past him.
What.


I did not call you stupid, I called the idea of 'going all in' stupid. You are not alone in supporting the 'all in' approach, there are plenty that believe in it. I want to be in the PO's every year, not 3 out of 10 years.
__________________
1909...the year excellence started.


__________________
GO BOLTS !
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-18-2019, 09:09 AM
frozendisc's Avatar
frozendisc frozendisc is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cotes-des-neiges, Montreal
Posts: 16,650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
We donít sign top of the market FAís. We sign guys like Mebane and Pouncey and Hayward.
and those contracts fit nicely into TT's plan.
__________________
1909...the year excellence started.


__________________
GO BOLTS !
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-18-2019, 09:12 AM
Chargerfreak's Avatar
Chargerfreak Chargerfreak is offline
Power of 51
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Intersection of Vodka and Tonic
Posts: 33,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
I did not call you stupid, I called the idea of 'going all in' stupid. You are not alone in supporting the 'all in' approach, there are plenty that believe in it. I want to be in the PO's every year, not 3 out of 10 years.
and nothing more than that ever.

It takes the brave to advance. ALL IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-18-2019, 09:14 AM
Chargerfreak's Avatar
Chargerfreak Chargerfreak is offline
Power of 51
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Intersection of Vodka and Tonic
Posts: 33,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
We donít sign top of the market FAís. We sign guys like Mebane and Pouncey and Hayward.
Pouncey.........might have been.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-18-2019, 09:16 AM
Chargerfreak's Avatar
Chargerfreak Chargerfreak is offline
Power of 51
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Intersection of Vodka and Tonic
Posts: 33,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Bosa and James are the only two big contracts on your list of players, and they will come up in different years. The rest of the players on your list are complimentary players, needed certainly, but at the right cost or move on.
All-Pro at two different positions Desmond King is just a throw away complimentary player............................................ ..........

All of your posts just lost validity with that position. Congrats.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-18-2019, 09:16 AM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose
Posts: 27,336
Default

Oh, I think he's calling you stupid.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-18-2019, 09:18 AM
Chargerfreak's Avatar
Chargerfreak Chargerfreak is offline
Power of 51
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Intersection of Vodka and Tonic
Posts: 33,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Oh, I think he's calling you stupid.
Its ok. I'm sure perry will attack him just like he did me.

What's good for the Canadian Goose, is good for the gander. Eh ?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:23 PM.


© 2018 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.