Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2019, 02:51 PM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jachba View Post
Agreed, but my point was what are the odds of the Falcons letting him walk in the first place? There are some potential free agents that we'd all like to see play for the Chargers, but most of them are not going anywhere.
Jarret is not a RFA... anyone can sign him. I was listening to Herd this AM and I hope his theory is correct... he thinks that the majority of FAs moving forward are looking to play in high profile entertainment cities like LA. Of course, having the smallest fanbase in the NFL won't help our cause.... but being 12-4 last season sure might. Just offer the guy big time money... he is as close to a 5 star DT as you get (Donald is in another category).

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:29 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCPB View Post
There's a lot of RTs available in free agency. The solution to RT can be solved with the right signing.
Who do you see? After D. Williams I see nothing at OT. Why not adding N. Sue, E. Thomas and C.J. Mosley?
Remember that is the defense that has lost that game in N-E.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Maniaque 5

Last edited by Maniaque 5; 01-24-2019 at 09:00 AM..
Old 01-23-2019, 09:01 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniaque 5 View Post
Who do you see? After D. Williams I see anything at OT. Why not adding N. Sue, E. Thomas and C.J. Mosley?
Will be interesting to see how well Brady's oline looks against the Rams dline.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:47 AM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
Who do you see? After D. Williams I see nothing at OT. Why not adding N. Sue, E. Thomas and C.J. Mosley?
We couldn't afford signing all of those guys... put the big money on Jarrett... he is younger and better than Suh.

We could re-sign Perryman and cross our fingers that he is healthy... he may take less money to stay with us. We also need to draft a prototypical MLB... we have no depth there at all.

Earl Thomas is getting older... but he was still very productive when healthy last year. I still think we could get a very good FS in the draft in the 2nd or 3rd...

Lastly, I am hearing that this year's draft class is quite robust in OL positions. We really need a stud OT to throw in the mix.... if we hit, then he can start at RT in 2019 and possibly move to LT in 2020.

DT, MLB, OT and FS... POAN... Positions of ABSOLUTE Need.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
Old 01-24-2019, 11:50 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD SneakKing View Post
Will be interesting to see how well Brady's oline looks against the Rams dline.
Agreed.
Rams have to stop the run & cover all potential receivers like a blanket in the short area if they want to get to Brady.
Not easy. NE is playing pretty well.
Experienced veteran team vs hired guns. We'll see.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:24 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
Agreed.
Rams have to stop the run & cover all potential receivers like a blanket in the short area if they want to get to Brady.
Not easy. NE is playing pretty well.
Experienced veteran team vs hired guns. We'll see.
Against a team like the Pats, you 2 things. Interior pressure + press cover. I know rams have the first, but the Pats oline has looked unstoppable the last 2 weeks.

If that doesn't change this week, the Rams could be in trouble.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:52 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD SneakKing View Post
Against a team like the Pats, you 2 things. Interior pressure + press cover. I know rams have the first, but the Pats oline has looked unstoppable the last 2 weeks.

If that doesn't change this week, the Rams could be in trouble.
Wade Phillips is smart enough to cover the back out of the backfield and play man coverage (with a healthy bump at the LOS) on those small receivers.

His D-line will get home... or at a minimum cause holding penalties.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:28 PM
Hall of Famer

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Franchise View Post
Wade Phillips is smart enough to cover the back out of the backfield and play man coverage (with a healthy bump at the LOS) on those small receivers.

The N-E's OL never holds. When did you see it happen lately?

Maniaque 5
Old 01-24-2019, 01:31 PM
Veteran

Quote:
The N-E's OL never holds. When did you see it happen lately?
I forgot. I don't know what I was thinking.

Maybe the Rams should just start the game -15 yards for roughing Brady...
Old 01-24-2019, 03:00 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Franchise View Post

Wade could be Einstein, but does he have the personnel to match them in press off the line? I will be impressed if they're able to do it.

I think the only offensive holding call I saw in the championship (afc and nfc) was against saints on a run play. I mentioned last year that the league is calling it less and less these days against top producing offenses. For the most part they've been letting teams like the final 4 get away with it.

If they suddenly start calling it on new England (which they rarely ever do), It will be quite suspicious.

Last edited by SD SneakKing; 01-24-2019 at 03:06 PM..