Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2005, 07:16 PM
netsroc123

Default Merriman has lost my respect

even if he gets the contract signed in July(when AJ said he would start negotiations), i will not like him as much. he must be dumb because the last chargers player to hold out lost his starting job because of it. rivers may have ruined his carrer by holding out. i never thought we would have trouble signing merriman, because he is considered mature, but i guess i was wrong. i think this decision will cost him money and fans.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:19 PM
Hall of Famer

hell, it's lost him plenty of fans already. i guess my yearly jersey won't be merriman's. maybe sproles?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Taylor Mays Countdown back on, 3 years running! 1 year to go. O-line please.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:21 PM
Hall of Famer

if i read correctly it wasnt his choice but his agents

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:38 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlBolts
if i read correctly it wasnt his choice but his agents
His agents are his employees. He chose them. Now he listens to them like they are his bosses. I hope he still gives himself a say in what they are doing. Other players have gotten hosed because of the Postons. Teams are not interested in dealing with those guys. I'm willing to give Merriman for the benefit of the doubt for now, nothing wrong with wanting a lot of money, but if he misses any preseason or regular season games.....
Old 05-05-2005, 07:42 PM
Stuck on Chillin

someone needs to get his attention like a foley or donnie and try to get the rookie to understand the potential trouble that lies ahead by having the wrong agent
Old 05-05-2005, 07:50 PM
Bobo

Angry

This definitely is a bummer. I'm pissed. I hope Shawne comes to his senses & drops the Postons' like a bad habit. FAST!!!!
Old 05-05-2005, 09:32 PM
foty89

I don't blame him too much, I blame his agent. You have to remember that these agents blow a smoke up player's butts and tell them they can get them the world. They whip our previous contracts that they have gotten other players and tell the player to just let them handle it. Doesn't matter how mature you are, at that age you are going to listen to someone who is a "professional" and who is telling you everything you want to hear.

He does have to share in the blame, but his agent is the one who is telling him this can work.

Go Bolts!
Old 05-05-2005, 09:37 PM
Lyi

i'd take a smaller paycut and be a starter, then sitting out n being a backup n gettin a bigger contract.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:42 PM
Hall of Famer

Well in some aspect Merriman never had my respect. Respect is earned and not given. He never had mine and now he's lost it completely.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:42 PM
Hall of Famer

My god

Talk about people overreacting!

Ill guarentee that when he plays up to his pro bowl potential, you will all be on his jock, so stop acting so stupid!

Lost your respect because of his agent, wow!