Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2017, 12:48 AM
Hall of Famer

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/06/01/l...thony-lynn-nfl

I must admit I wasn't a big fan of the Lynn hiring at first, but he's growing on me. Of course most things written around this time of year, especially about a new coach are usually positive, but I like his straight forwardness and how he's not taking any excuses.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:24 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlBolts View Post

I must admit I wasn't a big fan of the Lynn hiring at first, but he's growing on me. Of course most things written around this time of year, especially about a new coach are usually positive, but I like his straight forwardness and how he's not taking any excuses.
Good article. Lynn looks like a good HC choice so far. I like his assistant choices and the draft he was part of.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:35 PM
Hall of Famer

Lynn said that Training Camp will be the “true evaluation” in regards to the Offensive Line and he mentioned that rookie Dan Feeney has got some reps with the starting O-Line as well. Rookies are still learning the system and the veterans are currently plugged in as “starters” right now.

Starting Offensive Line today from R to L: Barksdale/Wiggins/Pulley/Slauson/Okung

The second team Offensive Line was:

RT Chris Hairston

RG Forrest Lamp

C Max Tuerk

LG Dan Feeney

LT Tyreek Burwell

Does it mean that Wiggins is ahead of Lamp?
Where is Trevi?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Maniaque 5
Old 06-01-2017, 03:42 PM
Inez Sainz = Jet Bait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniaque 5 View Post
Lynn said that Training Camp will be the “true evaluation” in regards to the Offensive Line and he mentioned that rookie Dan Feeney has got some reps with the starting O-Line as well. Rookies are still learning the system and the veterans are currently plugged in as “starters” right now.

Starting Offensive Line today from R to L: Barksdale/Wiggins/Pulley/Slauson/Okung

RT Chris Hairston

RG Forrest Lamp

C Max Tuerk

LG Dan Feeney

LT Tyreek Burwell

Where is Trevi?
Must be the learning curve here...I'm sure these guys will be introduced into the season as injuries mount but at least look at our situation compared to a year ago...we actually have a reserve parachute!
Old 06-01-2017, 08:17 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzubeck View Post
Must be the learning curve here...I'm sure these guys will be introduced into the season as injuries mount but at least look at our situation compared to a year ago...we actually have a reserve parachute!
At guard position, I agree with you but at Tackle, it's an other story.
Burwell and Hairston are really reserve parachutes?

Maniaque 5
Old 06-01-2017, 08:24 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniaque 5 View Post

RT Chris Hairston

RG Forrest Lamp

C Max Tuerk

LG Dan Feeney

LT Tyreek Burwell

Where is Trevi?
The Trevi Fountain is in Rome:

3. Darnell Savage, S, Maryland
4. Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama St.
5. JoeJuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt
6. Nic Needham, CB, UTEP
7. Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn

Old 06-05-2017, 09:42 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat4477 View Post
The Trevi Fountain is in Rome:

Beautiful picture!!!!!
But can you answer my questions?
No mention of TEVI in that article! Is he in the mix?
Wiggins in front of Lamp at G? I thinked he was a T.

Maniaque 5
Old 06-05-2017, 11:14 AM
First member of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlBolts View Post

I'm the same way. I thought, "oh no, another guy that's never been a HC before". But like you, after seeing him in interviews and so on, I'm starting to get a different opinion of him. Of course, none of us will know for sure until we see his "game time" decisions. Here's hoping he's the next great HC and other fans will be saying 'I wish my team had picked him".

Old 06-08-2017, 03:31 PM
Go Chargers!

Potentialy good UDFA pickup in BYU DB Michael Davis, I didn't know who he was until a recent write up by ESPN's Eric D. Williams:

Cornerback Michael Davis fits the mold: At 6-2 and 195 pounds, Michael Davis, an undrafted rookie out of Brigham Young, fits the prototype of a long, rangy cornerback in defensive coordinator Gus Bradley’s Cover 3 scheme. Davis ran a 4.4-second, 40-yard time at his pro day.

With starting cornerbacks Jason Verrett and Casey Hayward still nursing injuries, Davis put his considerable skills on display with the starting unit, breaking up a couple of passes during team drills.

Trevor Williams and Trovon Reed worked with the starters at cornerback when the Chargers were in base defense. However, when the team went with five defensive backs, Williams kicked inside to slot defender and Davis took his spot on the perimeter.

“He was a really good pickup for us,” Lynn said about Davis. “We’ll see when we get the pads on and play real football. But right now, he’s really standing out.”

Link for article - there's more on others worth reading:
http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angeles...argers-offense

His BYU Bio:
http://byucougars.com/athlete/m-football/michael-davis

He had an off field incident @ BYU that was later dismissed/reduced:
http://www.sltrib.com/home/3038253-1...sed-reduced-in

Several websites claim he ran a 4.34 forty at his pro day .... Cornerback Michael Davis was clocked at 4.34 in the 40, which would have ranked No. 4 at the Combine. It would have been No. 2 among corners

Link:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...s-Pro-Day.html

I don't know whether he'll turn out to be an UDFA gem or not, we'll all get to see, but he's an interesting/intriguing guy to keep an eye on, he played WR in HS, KR too, switched to DB @ BYU.

Go Chargers!
Old 06-08-2017, 04:31 PM
Hall of Famer

Chargers article on Mike Davis:http://www.chargers.com/news/2017/06...g-anthony-lynn
We signed another, Baylor CB Ryan Reid. Should be good competition.